Test Discussion Episode 37: Volcano Mining Facility (Alert)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Love Amazo but that cutscene length :p
    • The Amazo fight I found the damage dealt to the group just lacking
      • the bat grenades only hit for 10k (I was at suggested cr of 293)
      • green light vortex was 16k, pain trains 12k
      • gun turrets 2k
    • I just felt like there was nothing I could do during that fight to actually die unless I just stood there and didn't try to heal or shield myself. Yes the group had a healer but we were running the most common setup of tank-heal-2dps
    • Lex Luthor fight when the Warsuits come out each time Lex shields himself and when my taunt expires Lex will immediately begin attacking the group members as I cannot repply a taunt. The personal shield is fine throughout that phase but Lex needs to be targetable so that I can taunt him
    • Do the bombs that summon throughout the encounter have a purpose? I picked them up a few times and there is no arrow indicator, I tried to slam it on a turret for damage but it was insignificant and when they explode they don't really deal any damage to the player either?
    • Same thing during Turret phase with superman and the group becomes heal debuffed and Lex has his purple protective shield he will drop taunt like before and kill a group member and I am helpless in that situation as 1) can't apply taunt 2) the Environmental Energy damage ignores shields
    Overall the alert is fun and engaging, I just feel that its missing a difficulty pass as it seems like right now it's at Event difficulty where I don't think, especially with a healer and tank it is possible to wipe at any given time.
    • Like x 2
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

I can look at damage values for sure. Please test again this weekend when he has more of the player power copies in play. Granted, some of the things you mentioned don't relate to that phase so those will get looked at in general.

Will look at Lex shields.

There is a feat for picking your poison basically. You can control which environment breaks by using the bombs. They should do damage to players so I'll look at the values.

Will look at purple shields as well. The environmental damage that ignores shields is on the tier 3 damage increase over time. Happens over 10 seconds per tier (but starts at tier 1) so I can increase that timer perhaps. This is only in Normal.

I don't think there's a real heal debuff on you but an icon may be showing the red heart. I think it's just from the DoT and I can turn that visual off. If your buff/debuff window proves otherwise, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback!
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Next hotfix notes (with commentary):
    • Fixed an issue where Amazo could go and stay invulnerable (he only clears targets and immune to damage when taking Supes powers and when flying around placing Bat Mines)
    • Amazo will no longer pine away for those he hates outside the battle area
    • Power Cores are now tracked and if someone gets KO’d while possessing one, another will spawn next to them
    • Enabled ‘Spider, Spider, in the Hall’ feat (spiders need a cone of detection still - yes, stealth will bypass it)
    • Reduced the hitpoints of Amazo and Lex Luthor (hopefully quicker fights but mechanics still not being bypassed)
    • Lex Luthor’s second thermal shield should now activate (purple shields he can be countered in, green shields - he can't be)
    • All of Luthor’s shields will allow targeting being kept active (test this to see if it makes the fight trivial)
    • A balance pass has been made for the Amazo and Lex Luthor fight in Normal Mode – please test thoroughly and provide feedback
    Please, test this over the weekend and into early next week to see how difficulty feels. I'm confident I went further to the other end of the spectrum and will likely adjust again to be more in the middle. I need testing on that to see how it feels for Normal Mode. Please call out specific attacks that feel too weak or too strong. Having combat logs open while testing will help that. Videos are even better.

More of Amazo's player powers are online now and converting them over is a challenge on the first go in terms of balance, so those need an eye on them as well.

There is plenty of time for me to tweak the numbers but will need testing in order to get a better handle on the values.

I encourage Event Mode testing as well, most of the changes should be scaled back enough but those player powers may be tricky.

Thanks!

EDIT - known issue - Amazo T poses when doing certain Rage attacks.
  4. Tha Wiz New Player

Just curious if you guys buffed the last boss on this alert. Lex seems to hit harder and seems to take a lot more damage to kill..

Also the Amazo fight, I'm not sure if he has a deflect or not, but the first try on him we got insta-killed by a deflect that killed the whole group in one shot.

Then after that, we didn't get hit by anything like that. Not sure if it is random or intended, but it didn't happen on the 2nd attempt. And I didn't even see a tell for a deflect either.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

The reflect would probably be Wonder Woman's deflect guantlets
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Feedback after changes:

Ran in both 1tank-1heal-2dps setup and 1heal-3dps set up

The balanced setup obviously took a bit longer but there really wasn't opportunity to to be killed in either setups besides 2 moments 1) Amazo's Lantern Spin 2) Room Environmental Damage on Lex.

Amazo
    • I would personally put more of a emphasis on this fight over the Lex Luthor fight as its alot more interesting and the amount of damage done in a 3dps or even 2dps setup shortens most of his phases, the phase where he absorbs powers from the group lasted barely any duration in a 3 dps setup (which will be the norm for live server) and the only risk of death was during the Lantern Spin after the Pain Trains which is only a risk if you are a melee dps and prec dps will have zero risk here due to being ranged on flurry shot
    • Damage dealt on Amazo with/without tank is at a good spot

Lex
    • I feel like we could take out a warsuit phase and still be good on duration, in a 1heal-tank-2dps setup was 26min run and in the 1heal-3dps setup it was a 21min run with (1) group wipe ignoring the environmental damage. Or possibly make it so that each warsuit phase 2-3 come out instead of the 1.
    • If defense buff icon could be added to Lex during the core phase to indicate to the group that they need to run the cores or they will continue to deal 90% nerfed damage etc, we did the feat to ignore the cores in the 1heal-3dps setup and added 2min to the fight.
    • The change to Lex to be targetable after shield is great, can easily keep taunt up without it dropping
    • In terms of Lex's damage its trivial, the only risk of damage was the environmental damage and the heal could effortlessly cover lex's damage.
  7. Tha Wiz New Player

Well if that is the case, then they probably need to update that in the combat logs. Because it says Amazo. But again, even if it is Wonder Woman's, why is it hitting us in the first place?

Which is just what I was confused about. Because it didn't even happen in the next fight at all, and it was a smooth fight.
  8. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

❗ Bug found ❗
    During the 1st Boss, our group somehow made no additional robots spawn after a while.
    There are 7 piles of robot parts on the floor while this occurs.

We speculate that this happened when we interacted both consoles at the same time.
    It is eventually solved by resetting through rallying.

Do people actually do this?
    I asked people to test Clocktower event to check on how the console room goes and is met with a barrage of "go test it when it goes live" "It's for freebies" "Pointless"
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Few things:

• It's Amazo's copied powers of Wonder Woman's bracers so the logs are correct, Amazo is doing it so it's his bracers of deflection but he got it from WW.
    • The bracer attack always has a Skull tell. That's a fact.
    • The bracer attack used before he copies Superman's abilities was the wrong one. So it was more powerful than intended - it was from older content, a newer ability was made for this content. I've fixed this.
    • To make it stand out more, I've put new animations and FX on it. He does the WW animation instead of the generic block animation so you can tell it apart better. The new FX is a shield around him that goes along with the bracer FX.
    • It is random, he has a wide array of specials from the JLA to call from but only the firs set of bracers would hurt REALLY bad, the second set hurts pretty bad.
    • Like x 1
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll look into it, thanks.

And I wish they would. More people will be hitting the Event version than the Normal/Elite versions initially, that's for sure.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

Upcoming notes:
    • Fixed an issue where Harley might get too enthusiastic about going after turrets that have already been destroyed
    • Fixed an issue where Amazo could “T-Pose” when using Rage attacks
    • Fixed an issue where Amazo was using an outdated Bracer Deflect in the first portion of the battle
    • Added a new animation and FX as a tell while Amazo’s Bracer Deflect is active
    • Increased Amazo’s hitpoints back up for another balance pass
    • Lex Luthor’s purple environment shields now grant high defense instead of damage immunity
    • Kryptonite Turrets start off weaker when first introduced, ‘normal’ stats the second time, and increased defense the third time – negated by Controllers
    • Spaced out the spawning of turrets in both fights to help alleviate lag spikes – please report other instances when lag is most noticeable
    • Like x 1
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

Run the alert yesterday with peeps (idk if they active on forums). Since the first release and now, the time of how long the raid takes hasnt changed much and considering this is going to be a daily thing, I will prob pass the very moment I got the feats out of it cause this is taking way too long. Maybe something is missing here but that Lex fight is an extreme stretch of a fight with at least 1 or even 2 phases too much. I get it, he is some main bad bad guy but when the alert takes over 20 minutes (worst was 28 but that was with a small feat testing) it gets super boring really fast. Daily alerts shouldnt take longer than weekly raids, imo.

Positive: Amazo is cool, hope we will see him as a bad guy in some arena raid with extended powerset absorption mechanics in the future.
    • Like x 1
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

I can't change the Lex fight too much but I can lesson other aspects of the Alert - reduce the density and # of hall trash, reduce hitpoints on the warsuits, and the two giant robots in the wave event, etc. I'll take a look at what I can do.
    • Like x 4
  14. AV Loyal Player

For reference, both of the Metal alerts were the perfect length. The closer we are to that the better. If content is notably longer, I feel like rewards should be adjusted to compensate. Happy either way.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Whenever the next update occurs, this should be active:
    • Increased the time between environmental leak increasing its damage
    • Reduced hitpoints on Warsuits
    • Reduced hitpoints on robots in the wave event
    • Reduced the density of most of the hallway NPC groups
    That should hopefully make for quicker run times, focusing on the more important content (Amazo and Lex) for the involved parts of the Alert.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.