Dev Discussion Episode 37: The Clock Tower (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryHell Well-Known Player

I understand what you are saying but normal will be pretty close to a cakewalk if that is the only change you do.
    If removing this mechanic from normal resolved other issues, the please look into making it maintain difficulty somehow, and while your at it please buff the other 4 raif bosses in normal versions (damage, not health). I'm not saying make it hard as hell, i'm just saying as you did, "normal is not meant to be a cakewalk"

I still hope an option to removing this mechanic appears, this game is at its best with raid mechanics and at its worst when bosses are pure tank and spank where everything else is negligible. It would be a shame if the episode wit h maybe the besth what looked to be the best boss fights in afes turns out to be t
  2. StephDaw New Player

I thoroughly enjoyed this raid. At first I did not like the tight boss rooms, but after completing it a few times, I had so much fun.

Elite feedback:
    FB - Really spectacular fight! I love how the tanks need to communicate so the bosses don't get buffed, and work together when the Catwoman throws her jacks on the ground, and/or they have to place the drones' ground electricity. Sometimes we've noticed that one or both of the bosses is slow to move, whether it be to or away from the other boss. That combined with the NPCs, can make the bosses immobile at points. We wiped a couple of times from that.

SB - This fight seems alot easier. I'm not sure if it was lag, but when the adds spawned, it was an instant wipe. That is (I should say 'was' because I see that the pools will now stay up a bit longer) the only challenge. My own, and other groups wiped within a second or two for hours. Considering it only takes a few minutes to get to that point, it's very discouraging when you barely have a second to react. Is that intended?

Thank you for not giving us loot in the picture room, I believe loot should be reserved for the boss fights.
  3. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Lol something went wrong when i was editing this post, at the end i was supposed to say that it would be a shame if some of the best boss mechanics sre negligible and turned tank and spank
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Base on what I experience, the lag was an issue, figuring out what to do wasn't difficult, but let's be honest, groups were going in there with maybe 4 or 5 players because they spread out more, and can avoid other players. I think the real issue was, the room was a little too small for the idea, if the room was a little bit bigger, it might of worked better. Let's be honest, 3-4 players standing out the fight isn't fun for them watching others playing.
    • Like x 4
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Agreed. I assume that is how many people are beating it. We almost beat it with 5 people (1 died leaving 4) but then something went kerflueey for one player and we lost them and we couldn't finish. It was disheartening. But I'm sure there are some people who are carries that would like to sit it out and just collect loot.

Also, it seems the pools are only removed so we still have the color change and worry about getting too close to other players so there is some awareness still needed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Stranger Well-Known Player

Really? Why ? The Room is already too small for 8 fields, but 16 ?????
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Because in its current state it is absolutely no challenge because the previous pool you place disappear before you have to place the next one. You can literally stay in 1 spot the ENTIRE raid and never have to move whatsoever in that Elite fight. Walk Back>Place the Pool>Step Foward repeat for 3-4min and boom /elitedone
  8. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

So get in this weekend to complete feats while it's on EZ mode?
  9. Stranger Well-Known Player

The Feat "Network Hackery" is only for villain side? How am i supposed to get that?
    • Like x 1
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

This 100%
    • Like x 1
  11. Quixotic Developer

Cross faction. Get into a villain version of the instance and you can get Network Hackery. Or a villain character would need to get into a hero version of the instance to get Network Restoration.

The other option was to make each of those feats restricted to only characters of the associated faction. But this way anyone can get both feats, which I thought seemed like the better way to go.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 3
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I qued event and it only took me 3 tries to get a Villain Instance
  13. Ember New Player

When is the laggy going to be fixed because we can not run anything without it lagging really bad so pls fix it ty
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

This is a great post. I’m left thinking the last boss fight is now pretty redundant and so I still disagree with the decision, but I think we are a community are desperate for this type of communication when potentially unpopular or unusual changes are made, and having read this, I accept what has happened and the reasons. Instead of what we normally get, which is pages of bickering between people who don’t like the change and people who think that disagreeing with something makes you selfish or toxic. Now we have the answer we an sidestep all the nonsense.
    • Like x 1
  15. ApexAssassin7 New Player

Whether we have 2 pools 5 pools or 10. Anyone can still run up the walls or flying in the air to avoid this and nothing to think about placing your pools . Unfortunately to put this through their should be some grounded effect or something to stop that.
    • Like x 1
  16. Stranger Well-Known Player

Their already is an grounding effect, isnt it? At least i've always been grounded, before the pool appeared.
  17. JabraTest New Player

I totally agree.
    People are currently running up the walls to place the pool.
    It may be possible that at the time you have the crystals on your head and wait for the pool that you're getting grounded.

Maybe it's randomly, but what i've seen no. I wasn't grounded and im getting sick when i see people running up the wall.
  18. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

I guess this is stating the obvious but now we need to have Suicide Squad/Task Force X turned on for feats? Are we getting feats next episode that require you to turn on role-optional alerts?
    • Like x 1
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This. Once my league figured out space was the issue, were on some if he dies he dies lifestyle because it became way more manageable with 4.
    • Like x 1
  20. Maxwill Committed Player

So we wiped for some reason and after we warped rally, we still had arc lightning that killed us... AT THE RALLY POINT WE DIED ! Is that intended??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.