Test Discussion Episode 37: Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

i'll double check to see that he's using low contribution.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

While looking around, I did notice several examples of spawn spots where pedestrians were stuck in planters and unable to move.

#1:

#2:

#3:
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    These Cure Dispersal points can sometimes be buggy.

Example #1:

I moved one of the pedestrians across the street and setup a Decoy. If you look at the radar at 10 seconds, one of the pedestrians goes flying off to somewhere. This causes the gas to bug out and credit not to be assigned.

Example #2:

When I came across this point, the two NPCs that are running around had been knocked out and arrest icons were over top of them. I knocked out the remaining NPCs. After that, these two NPCs got back up and started running around against with arrest icons over their heads.

This particular point didn't reset until I arrested everyone. Also note that one of the pedestrians was stuck in the planter.

Example #3:

In this example, a Lion has infiltrated the Cure Dispersal Point.

Example #4:

A Pheromoned Civilian spawned on top of a roof.
    • Like x 2
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Another example of a Cure Dispersal Point bugging out:

I wasn't trying to bug this one out.

If you look at 21 seconds, you'll see a Pheromoned Civilian stuck in the grass. I initially tried to pull them back into the gas, but they just kept walking back out into the grass area.

Also, I only got +1 objective credit for arresting the Civilian instead of the +8 that I was expecting. You don't get credit for pulling the others into the gas unless EVERYONE is pulled into the gas.
    • Like x 1
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I'm noticing some bugs while doing the Animal Rescue mission

Example #1
    I came across this spot:

Just before the video started, I interacted with the cog, the gorilla appeared, and nothing happened. The gorilla didn't advance to the banana.

Example #2

This is a minor thing, but the banana spawned in mid-air.

Example #3

The Fix-It-Gun visual disappears at 15 seconds when I first try to use it.

Example #4

The gorilla spawned on top of a roof. I can see that cause some issues in the future. Also, the gun didn't appear again.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Noticed this while running "On the Hunt":

If you decide to pull the rioters away, they may not always respawn on this ledge.

I found one of them down here:
    [IMG]

I also found one at ground level.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The way objective credit is given for these Armored Trucks is very weird:

The first two Jewel Thieves don't give me any credit. The second set does though.
    • Like x 1
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Another example of a buggy Cure Dispersal Point:

Two of the Pheromoned NPCs spawn in the planter and are unable to interact with the other NPCs.
    • Like x 1
  9. Luke© Well-Known Player

When you activate the chest, to get scoops, in a group - it's dropping in the loot-table.
    Pretty annoying when your group mate activates the chest 100 times then... ;)
  10. Eve YouTuber

There are times when you interact with the lions and it acts as if you interact with both at the same time, and sometimes even count both.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

This post goes for the feedback (no bugs, they have been mentioned anyway already):

It is welcome to see a light scenery. The first thing that catched my eyes on the visuals were a lot of the changes to the normal buildings compared to normal Metropolis. Mostly cut for lower buildings or free space areals or more subtle changes like flags on the dam.

Before coming to the major visual changes. Quick props for the mission approach:

Changes as to how mission points for the completion are aqcuired looking good. It rewards the correct approach over blind button pressing. My favorite mission is saving the cats from the trees though the reward for doing so is the lowest amongst Harleys mission. Correctly done, you can be done super quick but oh boy the first time these numbers looked scary until I interacted with the first mission object :rolleyes:

Not only the missions but the whole episode gives more of a grounded light-hearted feel after the dark gritty universe-is-dying themed year 2019. Prefering first and hope this isnt the last and more of these to come before we entering the next depression phase :p

Back to were we started. The 2 major changes here are the unbottled Metropolis Museum of Art which I was hoping for to see eventually and the rebuild Metropolis City Hall which looks fantastic. Few pics added:

Museum of Art

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

City Hall

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Looking forward for the release!
    • Like x 6
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't know if it was reported, but I was in a group with someone when they finished the first Lois mission and when they interacted with the case next to Jimmy to get the Swoops trinket, it showed up as a group loot roll.
    • Like x 1
  13. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

In the episode's introductory mission for villains the objective says

* Listen to Message from Lex Luthor
    * Listen to Update from Oracle

However on villain side the second-level narration comes from Calculator so it should read:
    * Listen to Update from Calculator

https://imgur.com/a/SoQDXqS
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since the last update, the Lex corp Tower looks much better.

Would love to see more destruction/chaos in the enviroment aside from this Building.:D
    • Like x 2
  15. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

I just rechecked on test and the villain message seems ok now.
    I probably messed-up my screenshots. Sorry for the false alarm.

• Like x 1
  16. TLantern Developer

Thanks for the update! I was confused for a good moment there!
  17. Eve YouTuber

Are base items going to be added to the loot able of open world missions?
  18. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Not sure if this is the right test thread to post this, but I didn't see or hear Lex's message playing on any of my test server characters (hero or villain) when the birds of prey mission popped. All the characters were all created new (and CR skipped to CR 100), some created last week, and one today. They all played the message from Oracle or Calculator, but not Lex's message before it.

I do hear Lex's message if I specifically go in and hit the play button on that step of the mission in the mission journal.
  19. Telnano Active Player

Yesterday i had also Probs with the Gorillas. 1 Lure Point left side infront of LC Tower, i put a Banana, no Gorilla appears, and another point, south of them, Banana was in the air. :)

And please switch the sound from rescued Carts, it sounds like a crow.^^
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

Here an example for a banana meeting a gorilla on a higher ground:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.