Test Discussion Episode 36: Transformation Card - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

You are welcome.

Also, just see that the 60% milestone rank is missing. Is that intended?

AP
  2. Batuba Developer

Currently yes, however if it is too weird, we may just spread on of the earlier breakthroughs to extend onto that one. We have other artifacts that work in a similar fashion (Eye of Gemini)
  3. Cyro Committed Player

Completely agree, i have been using this on my fire tank and have been loving it, it is really helping out fire tanking. I plan to switch back to fire as soon as it drops on live
    • Like x 1
  4. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Let’s just hope they remove the power stat and replace it with health. Otherwise I feel like that it won’t be worth it at all since you are losing a bunch of health turning a fire tank into tomató from traditional tomato without helping it at all.

When they released Mystic 7 artifact they also had it grant power which they later replaced with dominance stat. I know it’s not meant to be a tanking artifact but they are really limiting the play styles by not providing a stat useful for a tank. Power is not that big of a deal since you can put power gen mods, drink an energy cola or run with a semi decent troll. I’d love for this artifact to be viable for everyone: not just limited for dps and roles excluding the tanks. This will help Fire tremendously since it’s the only tank power which depends on it’s crit “chance” unlike other tanks. For other tanks it won’t be as useful but for Fire it will.

Tbh this could be a fix for Fire tanking

Frustrating to see threads as such https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/fire-tanking-tips.305746/
    • Like x 1
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

Could we replace the power stats with health stats on this artifact, to make it viable for more playstyles for example for battle tanks as well? overall i believe every class benefts more from health than power even trolls since they probably have more then enough power but lack in health, tho this is no controller artifact anyway.
    • Like x 1
  6. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Yeah I don’t see as many people who’d drop their tried and true artifact combos just for a dps/healer side. Personally, for me there’s no incentive to use it since I’m doing gucci with my grim/scrap/gemini. I would however consider dropping grim if I could use it for my role as well. 5% Health would definitely make it more versatile and appealing to all roles. As of right now, only heals/prec and maybe some might dps have the incentive but many actually don’t because it doesn’t grant health and is not versatile
  7. Brav Well-Known Player

I personally think that this artifact is fine, as it's originally suppose to be a healer artifact. If a player wants to use this for their self healing character (firetnk, ragetnk - opposite critical allocation than fire, etc), which I may. It would be their choice at the cost of making a decision on stat allocations. This artifact gives a player effective health at the cost of visible health.

One can easily adjust their stats to offset the difference with enough stat points and a combination of artifacts, augments, mods (base/tactical), gear, buffs, etc.

If Batuba decides to make any changes, stats can be adjusted to account for the difference either way for the most part but its intent is power as healers can definitely use it to offset some of their ability cost, especially with a certain combination of artifacts.

If a middle ground was to be set, I would prefer a split of power and health since most can definitely benefit from both stats. But as I've already mentioned, I personally feel that this artifact is fine in its current state.
  8. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Yes and no. You can’t make up or allocate skill points for the amount of health lost. It’s not even worth it to use on a tank. A tank cannot allocate skill points “differently” because health stacks with % and base stats on artifacts. If we had 4 artifact slots, sure... keep it as is, but the problem is that there won’t be any other artifact in the game that increases you critical hit/magnitude. This artifact would be great for a fire tank, rage, atomic and has really good synergy with one other tank artifact as well as other tank artifacts that give you a buncha health.. Power can be managed, filled by trolls, supply drops, energy sodas and skill point allocation if you will, but it will only work on healers not on tanks. Tanks cannot make up for their health pool but healers can easily make up for their power, you even have artifacts such as omegahedron and demon’s fang to assist you. Plus you just got yet another healer artifact that’s going to save you power
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

Well, Rage and Atomic tanks don't benefit from critical heals (mostly) so it's really only useful for Fire.

Fire Tanks already have the Seven Artifact -- which seems custom made for them. Between the Seven, Dilustel, Manacles, and Eye of Gemini, Tanks have a few good options now.

On the other hand, all roles benefit from extra Health.
    • Like x 1
  10. Brav Well-Known Player

You don't have to have completely max health from every single aspect of the game to be effective. There are enough methods of balancing stats to an appropriate or desired amount. To take from an artifact which its intent is aimed at healers just to satisfy a desired and easier outcome for one play stye, isn't the way to go. If you want some more health without completely taking away a stat from a healer artifact then you should be asking for a compromise of at least half power and half health.

If not, then it's best to leave that artifact alone and look at another artifact or a combination of artifacts and other aspects of the game that are available to help you reach a comfortable stat range.

My comment isn't meant to offend you or anyone else. It's meant to point out that this artifact has its own goal and to try and change that goal to fit something else entirely is definitely not the way to go. There are plenty of other options available and more to come.
    • Like x 2
  11. Brav Well-Known Player

Rage can definitely benefit from the critical damage, which actually effects some of the abilities that heal them based on damage done.

This can benefit fire and rage mostly to an extent. Atomic only has proton remedy, which benefits from critical heals along with a couple of other power types that may have a heal ability but for their support side this one will not be as useful to them for just one ability that may benefit from it, unless their goal is mostly damage with some possible extra survivability.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

the artifact gives critical damage, rage heals depend on damage, the higher the dmg crit the higher the heal.
  13. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Idk if you know but in most elite content you don’t combo much as atomic. Symbol of the 7 synergizes well with crit artifact allowing you to have a different playstyle. Mystyc 7 + Transformation card combo will allow you to play differently. You can run rage with ire with this combo and get good heals from mystic +transformation combo. You can play atomic with those 2 and spec full health and run with group breakout and remedy for self heals. You can pheromone bloom/metabolic boost on any tank too to take advantage of crits. Transformation card can change the way you play and needs to be more versatile than and not disadvantageous for tank powers. Now, I do agree that there’s no such thing as too much power but you can pretty much already heal anything with scrap/gemini/orb and have health generator mods as heals. Power is never an issue if you are running 2 heals and have a semi decent troll so power stat on transformation card is pretty much irrelevant. If it wasn’t there, nobody would ask for it... Can we agree on that?
  14. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Oh yes you do, you can die as rage through severe punishment and there’s nothing you can do as fire without maximizing your health. Atomic combos are also partly based off of health. Health is just a more important and versatile stat than power that is all. To put in perspective, if you put gemini instead refractor in rage you’ll end up losing around 20k if not more just from the stats and % alone. In instances, health buff gets amplified by dom head augments. Health increases even more and so is your effective health with tanking mechanics active and buffed
  15. Brav Well-Known Player

An extra 5-10k health isn't going to change much if you are getting hit for more than double of that. Is it helpful? sure. But being able to mitigate that in the form of heals or shields has a similar effect if not being slightly better.

We're talking effective health versus visible health. There isn't much difference as one you can see all the time, while the other you can only see when actively mitigating damage. You're actually asking for both effective and visible health. You can't have both at max stat from one artifact without sacrificing the other.

If Batuba was to add visible health, he would most likely give half health and power and at the same time lower the restoration stat on the artifact because resto is an effective health stat. If you want full health then the resto may be lowered even more or he may even lower the percentage effects, which would defeat the whole purpose of this artifact. Especially as one intended for healers.

(P.S. Rage can build its health with hit counters, up to 100% of their dominance gets added to their health. Atomic gets 2% heals based on their health while hitting a target with their aura (+25% absorption) active. Rage gets most of its mitigation from their Enrage mechanic (Based on a % of Damage intake), while Atomic gets theirs from their Molecule Charges/combo mechanic (Based on 40% of their Dom). Both receive a higher percentage of defense (Atom = 90%, Rage = 100%) than fire).
  16. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I tanked current elites with all power-sets excluding fire in FI E. LOL if you think that 5% health only gives you 5-10k buffed up in content on a rage or a fire tank. You spec full health, drink sodas, omegas and put refractor, menacles and something that doesn’t give you any health versus 5% you are talking about 40-50k difference in terms of extra health pool if not more.3% Resto doesn’t do jack and won’t scale on rage or atomic since all your stuff is for dom and health. 3% Resto and 5% health with crit % increase might just level up the playing field for fire. Now, I know what you are thinking... “You can run this as fire...” No you can’t... Because it’s like 50+k of extra health loss next content. You put that on a fire tank without any health, you get dropped in 3 swings from the adds. You can’t just put a different wrap on the same candy and claim that it’s a different candy
  17. Brav Well-Known Player

You're the one trying to change this artifact into something it isn't intended to be. As I've mentioned before in a previous post in this thread, you do not need to have maximum health from every single aspect of this game to be effective. There are other methods available in the game to balance your stats to an appropriate or desired amount.

If one wants to run with this artifact for their self healing characters they will then have to make a decision on allocations, artifact combinations, and other aspects available in the game to reach a comfortable stat range. You can't have everything just easily handed to you without making some sort of sacrifice. Especially since you're trying to dedicate this to a particular play style that you desire.

You only seem to be thinking about what can benefit your play style and not what this artifact was truly intended for. You won't even compromise a split stat, fully knowing that other stats will be reduced in order to add in a new stat. And your response is restoration isn't as useful for particular power sets. When this artifact isn't for those power sets but is for healers, which actually benefit from resto.

If you want a particular artifact dedicated to your play style then you should be asking for that as a possibility in future artifact additions. You shouldn't be trying to completely change a current artifact intentions only to please your own. I'm just trying to be reasonable and logical, so please don't take offense to my statement as that was not my intent.
  18. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I’m not trying to please my own and it’s not about MY play style. It’s about allowing a different, viable play style. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. Before we had the gemini, we only had scrap solar and tetra. Imagine the devs took away might/prec % from gemini, how many would use it you think? Same for healers, would all the heals use it without it giving resto and dom? Now, you are making the same argument stating that the gemini would be used solely for its effect. Respectfully, I just don’t think you see a bigger picture. Hopefully, this thread has people who can see a clearer picture Anyway, I’ll leave it be.
  19. Brav Well-Known Player

You are comparing two different type of artifacts and no I don't mean the obvious of them being two different ones. I mean category wise, you have Type A/1, which can be considered a Primary Artifact, then you have Type B/2 = Secondary, and Type C/3 = Swap Artifact/Percentage Based. (With some minor changes/additions one can even categorize the buff artifacts as another type though they originally started as the primaries at launch). It's okay if you don't understand, this is just how I personally view them and based on the new additions so far this has stayed true.

And from your comment about the EOG, sure the percentage help and are balanced for any/all roles but yes most definitely use it for its effect, which goes hand in hand with its combo/pair type b artifact the Scrap for the maximum SC load/rotation which actually became the meta for awhile and is still used by some even now.

I have just been trying to point out the obvious with this type of artifact. It is a type b artifact, its effect revolves around healing and damage. When paired with the Strategist artifact/Type C it will become the new meta for healing/damage. It will be similar to what the scrap and gemini combo was but instead of being focused around supercharge usages, it will be focused around power/ability usage.

I personally don't think any or much changes will be done to this artifact as it is well balanced. And trying to change it to something else is definitely not the developers intention for this artifact. If any stat changes are made it will most likely be minor and will probably not be what you were hoping for. So I was just trying to inform you with some possible suggestions/alternatives to achieve your stat range that you desire. Hopefully some of what I said was helpful to you and/or anyone else. Take care and happy holidays.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

Reducing resto/prec/might is no option since the artifact is reducing the total healing out & damage out however thx to superpower spec a healer would likely want this artifact to have health than power on it if a tank is using it.

and 5% hp is alot especially in elite content, i even laugh when ppl say 100 resto doesnt matter but a healer shield based on 100 resto more can make the difference.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.