Test Discussion Episode 36: The Phoenix Cannon Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Nov 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spack2k Steadfast Player

The Drowned her Skullattacks are all "stuns" as one has to break out of the attacks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

The same video yes. The drowned teleported and got stuck and kept healing completely so the group wiped and second time she was fine, but in both fights Dawnbreaker was lazy. I will check the beams next time I'm on test
  3. Quixotic Developer

I found the cause of Dawnbreaker's "laziness" in the early stage of the fight: I was testing something late-ish Friday morning and needed him to stand still. So I made him do that, but then forgot to remove it. D'oh!

Also found a logic error that could prevent the Tether beams from showing up. May not be the only cause of that, but I'm hoping it's the main one.

Still looking into The Drowned (among other things).

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

is this fix already on test or internal server?
    • Like x 1
  5. Quixotic Developer

Fixed internally. Not yet on PCTest. I think the current goal is for an update on Wednesday with fixes like these, but that's still to be determined.

- Quixotic
  6. Cyro Committed Player

Yes it was red death, he seemed to be doing the spinning around you punch animation a lot and the stun itself feels unbalanced, it wasnt a hard stun but i got the feeling it wasnt a "soft" stun either sometimes i couldnt breakout as easily, overall i would say that he does it too much.

I should note that i was solo tanking it for most of it, its a lot to take even especially when you consider dawnbreaker was floating and drowned didnt do much since she got stuck early on.

I dont mind a lot of stuns and juggles as long as thats where the difficulty comes from when tanking and not annoying one shots or damage that is scripted to take x percent of health regardless of other facts. I know balancing must be very difficult now with all the artifacts, lots of stuns and knockbacks could be a great alternative to mindless damage spikes
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Batman was missing in the first cutscene on today's run:
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    On the Lady Blackhawk fight, the "tornado" attacks can be very difficult to see depending on what visual effects are on screen. Just by themselves, the effect doesn't stand out very well in that room.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The visual effects on the Ring of Light are still very buggy. Here is an example:

Sometimes you don't see any effect.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    In the final fight, I occasionally saw something that looked like a small red tornado with an electric effect. Is that supposed to be the Speed Force Corruption? The effect doesn't stand out very much and is easily lost against the normal clutter of player visual effects.
  11. DIIV New Player

Elite (BUG)

Last boss:
    There is still no red beam/pulse on Tethering phase. Unable to beat this boss if it keep wipe the group because nobody can tell who they should be tethered with.

1st Boss:
    There is a moment when some of the mechanic/phase keep collapsed. For example on phase there is 2 small and 1 big red energy, when the phase is happening there always that Tornado thing appear after the whole group get stun that do big damage or one-shot when most all tornado spawn at same spot as player gathering together to get that red aura from that small energy and it is guarantee gonna kill alot of players or wiped the group. It will be just a good luck if group able to beat it if that does not happen.

Also on that red energy phase, the small energy is hard to see, i think there should be a timer icon that tells where it gonna be and how much time u got before it explode, just like that lantern shield circle thing on last boss fight that prevented Dawnbreaker big Aoe Dmg.

The rest of the fight kinda fun and challenging.
    • Like x 3
  12. Ully Committed Player

The tethering mechanic is still invisible in elite. We attempted this boss fight twice and disbanded after. FYI, this bug has been on test since last Friday and we have not been able to properly test this raid and the other raid for that matter, because of numerous issues/bugs that should have been identified prior to release.

Testing contest in its current condition is a huge time sink and quite frustrating because even the most basic mechanics and functions aren't working properly. Bosses not resetting after wipes, doors not opening, bosses not appearing, invisible 1 shot mechanics, overlapping mechanics, test server lag, etc.

With all due respect, I think testers would appreciate if the dev team prioritised internal play-tests for elite content, so that testers could spend their time testing the content and not being stuck on trivial issues that should have been identified well before release.
    • Like x 7
  13. Ully Committed Player

I meant to say Testing content, not "contest". Excuse the typo.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I think its honestly sad and ridiculous that BOTH these raids will end up being "live tested" when they release in 4 days because the entire duration of test server there have been raid breaking bugs that players can't even progress through to actually provide any sort of meaningful feedback on mechanics or balance passes and then the community blames the testers for not doing their job when we are left completely helpless.

I don't know what went wrong this EP 36 in regards to getting content and feedback to test.
    • Like x 3
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Feedback (Elite) 3 Days Before DLC Release

Last Boss Feedback, previous bosses someone else from Plats can jump in to provide feedback as I was only in there for final boss attempts
    • Not sure what the group was supposed to do in the above scenario? We identified the tether, they ran towards eachother, stayed together and the tether disappeared, an orbital strike spawned, they rolled and the tether then reappeared and killed everyone. Unless we are expected to call out and roll in the same direction in a split second, than mechanics like this shouldn't overlap because that is a unpreventable raid wipe in that case.
    • The text prompt comes up for ring of light but it doesn't spawn, I looked clear around the room then after a few seconds it pulsed 1 time, a few of the group members saw it in time and got within range and when it pulsed the 2nd time everyone was dead except those that made it? and for good measure a strafing run dropped on all the rez's. For the literal less than 2 seconds it pulsed if one of the group members didn't see it would have been a group wipe because it didn't spawn correctly.
    • Not sure what happened in the above? Strafing run spawned on me and I rolled clearly in time but then I guess it wasn't a strafing run because everyone was one shot despite being spread across the room in different positions?
    • Also on that point of the strafing runs they are routinely spawning mid-air which can be quite difficult to react in time when they are happening above your head and you just catch the outside of the animation. If they can be fixed ground spawning that would be helpful, unless it's designed to target fliers and then you can just implement a grounding mechanic
    • Like x 1
  16. Quixotic Developer

I haven't had any luck reproducing this, but we have reports of characters periodically missing from various cutscenes across the last few episodes. Our engineering team is investigating.
    - Quixotic
  17. Quixotic Developer

This one's harder to add anything in an attempt to make it more visible...it's a simple field effect. But a player can now block to prevent the field from being placed at their location. And their duration is a bit shorter. That will be in an upcoming update to PCTest.
    - Quixotic
  18. Quixotic Developer

• The Tether should be visible in the next update.
    • For the first boss, Lady Blackhawk won't use her Spinning Winds attack (the one that drops a "tornado" at a player's location) while the pockets of dark energy are up. Also, if you block when she does the Spinning Winds attack, it won't place the spinning winds "tornado."
    • Added a visible timer on the pockets of dark energy.
    • These things should be in an upcoming update.

- Quixotic
  19. Quixotic Developer

Brute force attempts to get that visual fx to appear more reliably have not panned out as well as I hoped. While testing I see the fx, but in the PCTest environment...you guys are not. So I've added some new elements that will reveal the safe zone and should be much more dependable than fx. The fx is still there. Maybe it will show up from time to time.

This should be in an upcoming update to PCTest.

- Quixotic
  20. Quixotic Developer

• A player with the tether will no longer be targeted by Dawnbreaker's Dark Construct Strike (Orbital Strike).
    • Attempts to get the ring of light fx to appear have clearly not worked, so I added other elements to the safe zone that should make it more visible with or without the fx.
    • Removed Dawnbreaker's Strafing Run attack. It was re-used from other content and wasn't working here.
    These should be in an upcoming update to PCTest.

- Quixotic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.