Test Discussion Episode 36: Gem of Horus - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

The ability does have an animation and it has FX. What are "those" kind's of abilities about numbers?
  2. Chrise7 New Player

I've got another question.

When the bleeding "PI" is set up and we use another Talon Strike at 13+, does the Bleed get consumed? or is it still active for the initial 12 seconds. For me it is hard to tell ingame
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

Talon Strike shows no FX on target only numbers, basically the caster slams the ground without FX and some numbers pop up somewhere in range.
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is what I'm seeing:

I'm seeing a blue visual effect when the ability is first cast.
  5. Cyro Committed Player

There is fx around your fist sort of looks like elec heal blue. I know what you mean though, there is none on the enemy, kinda lazily done
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

hm i dont see it. i have settings on max tho... ah i may be wrong, i have settings on max on live , i actually dont know if i have them on max on test, need to check
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The range of the Attack itself is as far as you can go - wich is very good (Player to target range).
    The Range of the Attack around the Chosen target however is as wide as the Explosive shot. Using a Rank 200 Artifact mechanic, i'd like it to hit in a wider Area (like 50% increase of the Current Area) to make it worth while not having a Tank in a Group and still being able to use its AoE capabilities.

It was the Alert (OA part) i've tested it in and oh boy is it frustrating to use without a Tank.:rolleyes:
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This was my concern. One would essentially be sacrificing 4% precision to use this artifact. I guess the alternative is fortified assault?
    • Like x 1
  9. Batuba Developer

I don't see why, sure it's a little harder but that tactical mod triggers when you attack and have hit counter 10+ and lasts for 6 seconds. The CD of Talon Strike is 5 seconds. You could effectively keep this mod at 100% uptime depending on combos you use to fill you hit counter.
    • Like x 2
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

This has nothing to do with the artifacts but i just noticed that the Supercharge Generator Abilities all generate a different amount of supercharge tho they have same cooldown and same powercost, only the range they can be used at seems to differ but the generation are still inconsistent since some SC Abilities who can be used at mid range accumulate less than others SC abilities who can be used at max range ...shouldnt they generate an equal amount at least?
  11. L T Devoted Player

They all give the same bonus, plus a second tick based on (I think) the ability's animation time. Pretty sure the difference in supercharge generated was minimal in my testing (the range was like 10-14 per cast if I'm remembering right). Though there were other oddities about the supercharge generators when I tested them all:
    • Earth's is melee, but can be used to clip other abilities. It doesn't generate any supercharge at all if you use it too far away from a target. That seems fair.
    • Nature's is a dot. It does extreme damage compared to the others, but only on the initial cast. Once you start refreshing your dots additional casts of serpent call do 0 damage and just build supercharge, so that seems fair.
    • Munitions and Rage supercharge builders do noticeably more damage than the others, though Relentless Anger is a lunge, so that one's probably ok. Don't see any rationale behind Munitions' high damage though-- about 20% higher than most of the others.
    • Atomic and Electric have mid-range supercharge generators. Yeah, they pretty much get the screw. Especially Electric which does low damage and applies polarized, which nobody wants to use.
    Now back to our regularly scheduled artifact discussion.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

Thx for the answer but if one is using the soul cloak artifact the differences in SC generation amount of the second tick between the powers becomes quite a bit.

lets see how much Talon Strike will generate.
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

Without using a SC generator, electric build SC faster than any power on game. Just wanted to add that
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

It all started when the devs lifted the Ban on the TC glitchers and let them keep their bread. That put billions into the economy, and most sold their money to the gold sellers. I have a few billion and I'm all for a total reset, because I don't exploit and ik I will get the equivalent again. Something has to be done, and it has to be done quick
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

wrong thread lol
    • Like x 1
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Yep. To late to change it
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Are you sure you guys don't want to give 4% prec instead of 4% power at 180? At 200 or even 180, the 3% prec would be the lowest of all prec artifacts and power isn't even really an issue with precision save for maintaining one of the top three power pools to receive the troll buff. The 5% health pairs nicely with the cog but the 4% power and 3% precision just seem really odd to me for a precision artifact.

I know it isn't all about the stats but you guys work hard on this stuff and it'd be a shame for this artifact to receive a collective "mehh" from the precision players because of the low base stats.
    • Like x 1
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bleed is only being refreshed/reapplied by hitting Talon strike with a Combo counter of 8-12. The Bleed dot ticks for quite some time, so that you are able to do 2x 13+ hits - hit Talon strike and only having to refresh Bleed after that. That might look like the first 13+ hit counter - Talon strike Rotation refreshes the Bleed effect, but it doesn't.
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes, if you're on your own. Also, you could run 1 Dps Bleed , 300%, Bleed, 300%... and yourself 300%, 300%, 300%...
  20. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with changes going to PTR today.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.