Test Discussion Episode 36: Gem of Horus - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all,

Please use this thread to post feedback on the Gem of Horus Artifact.

Thanks!

Batuba

Known Issues:
    • Rank 200 is not splitting damage correctly. (Fixed in new build)
    • Talon Strike does not generate Supercharge. (Pending)
    • Cannot be slotted for Stealth / Invisibility (Fixed in new build)
    • Cannot be slotted for different forms such as Nature or Ice forms. (Fixed in new Build)
    UPDATE 11/22
    • Fixed issue where Rank 200 would not split damage.
    • Significantly increased the damage of Bleed effect from rank 120+
    • Reduced damage of Base Attack from Talon Strike by 20%.
    Talon Strike's base damage was a little too powerful, so we've adjusted it. We've compensated a bit by increasing that damage of the Bleed. This should help promote players to maintain their own bleed and not just depend on another to set up Bleed for them.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Role: Precision DPS
    Focus: Bar Attack (Single Target)

Note: This is artifact grants a NEW ABILITY to place in your loadout.
    • Rank 80
      • Talon Strike - New loadout ability that deals low base damage and resets your hit counter.
      • 5 second CD and 400 base power cost.
    • Rank 120
      • At 6-12 on the hit counter, Talon Strike deals low damage and applies [Bleed] on target (12 seconds).
      • At 13+ on the hit counter, Talon Strike deals moderate (increased) base damage (but no [Bleed]).
    • Rank 160
      • If target is already affected by [Bleed], 13+ hit counter attacks deal high (300%) damage.
    • Rank 200
      • Talon Strike can hit up to 8 targets.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Timing the effects leads to some interesting effects on this artifact. Does take some patience setting up bleed with flurry shot after talon strike is put on cooldown. That said, this is just a first impression. I would like to note that the max crit seen w/o bleed was 43k, w/ bleed was 65k, significantly better than tornado pull, which is used in most loadouts nowadays (at 200).

I think the dmg Talon Strike does at 200 for 3 and 8 targets definitely needs a look at however. It's pretty outrageous and imbalanced imo, both when setting up the bleed effect at 8-12 hits and then when resetting the counter at 13+ where it hits significantly harder. I don't have the numbers on hand, however I'm sure ppl will be providing more feedback on it shortly.
  4. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Going off what I saw on a stream of Talon Strike on single and another clip of someone testing it on 8 targets, it's not splitting properly. I was seeing 24-25k ticks on each target on 8. Shouldn't be intended to have a move that can do 200k damage instantly as a prec spec.
    • Like x 3
  5. Rushsteel Active Player

I was clipping with turret after getting multiple 13 plus counters and getting consistent 49k crit if I crit with the talon. I still don't like it personally esp because of it's stats. Also if you arn't gadgets prec u can't use it's full power. Since I'm rage I prob wouldn't level it up. Right now the broken artifact imo is the crit one but that's a must have at 200.
  6. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. On single target I'm not sure how good it can get tbh. W/ Gadgets it's doable and actually could possibly be better than the current setup, but I'm not sure. For other powers, it's pretty good when it hits hard, a lot better than tornado pull, but stats do decrease a good amount and you have to do some funky things to get it to work in the meantime as well as far as the hit counter w/ Talon Strike being on cooldown. We'll see how it shapes up though.

The rank 200 affect however definitely doesn't seem to be splitting properly.
  7. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

It most definitely isn't.
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This artifacts feels very rewarding to Play with and has nice "flow" to it.
    • The damge doesnt split at all on multiple targets (like CrescentMoon already pointed out)
    On a sidenote/hint: try out this artifact with Brawling for ranged AoE Damage with Prec
  9. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

I was thinking the same but someone would have to parse it. Main issue I saw immediately was just the power cost. I already don't run EMP because I can't use it with every controller, and this would just be worse. It might parse high but it may not be realistic. Also curious to the dovetail if it fits in a stealth rotation. As in could you do "Talon wb turret cancel surprise attack" or "tornado wb turret cancel talon".
  10. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

here is the melle with 2 handed doom spin:

one with flurry shot on 3 targets and single:

right now testing the brawler tap hold
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestion
    It would be nice if Talon Strike could be placed on a Stealth/Invisibility loadout bar.
    • Like x 1
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    One thing I noticed is that the Level 200 version of Talon Strike is not generating any Supercharge. Normal tray abilities generate supercharge and I wasn't seeing that in my SC log tab with Talon Strike.
    • Like x 2
  13. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

yeh i tired it run out of power a lot but the damage on a 10 sec parser was crazy! may have to Ggohybrid to properly test it with fang to get some power back !
  14. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with changes going to PTR in the next hotfix.
  15. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

can u put it inside nature gorilla? when i tested it this morning you couldnt
    • Like x 1
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Any chances of letting this artifact be for might too? Or having something similar in the future?
  17. Careless Active Player

With the constant resetting the hit counter, has anyone tested how much this effects relentless precision tactical mod uptime?
    • Like x 1
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

drastically, be advised to rather use the Might equivalent
  19. Batuba Developer

If we see people like having a new ability to slot on their tray that gives a new kind of gameplay, we will definitely look into doing something similar to different roles.
    • Like x 3
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

the new ability has no animation if i am not mistaken, i dont know if ppl like having those kind of new abilities in the future where its just about the numbers, i for sure dont.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.