Dev Discussion Episode 36: Damage Control (4-Player Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

These changes should be coming soon in a hotfix near you.

• Drowning damage has been halfed in Event Mode
    • Maelstroms no longer spawn in Event Mode
    • Only one Maelstrom spawns in Normal Mode
    • Pools of Dead Water no longer spawn in Event Mode in the underwater section of the Tomb of Arion
    • Adds in the Drowned fight have been further reduced in damage output and health in Event Mode
    • Only 1 Dead Water Swarmling will spawn per pool of Dead Water, for a total of 4 at any given time, in the Mirror phases in Event Mode
    • Air Patches last longer now in Event and Normal Mode
    • Fixed issue with the Drowned's Call of the Deep and Aqualance attacks doing too much damage
    • Call of the Deep and Aqualance happen less often now
    • The Drowned has been reduced further in damage output in Event Mode
    • The Drowned's Bubble shield no longer heal her or damages players when struck in Event Mode
    • Fixed issue with the Drowned's Breath Attack doing too much damage and made it Vulnerable to Lunge
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Saw the hotfix notes this morning, thanks for looking into it, I think a lot players will appreciate it!
  3. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Could you take a look at the hit detection with the Taurus and the tablets? For whatever reason, when they're charging the tables, they don't always hit them, even if they're positioned correctly and nothing is blocking their path. They will just slide on the wall. It's just hit or miss if they actually break the tablet.

Thanks!
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

I can take a look but verify that you're matching the right Taurus Guardian to the right Tablet. Gold, Silver, Bronze. The spheres rotating around the Guardians match the metal of the Tablet they must charge.
  5. LiquidH2o New Player

- Bug appeared during the first phase of The drowned boss fight.

How it happened:
    - We activated orion's key for the mirror part and didn't succeed into activating all 4 mirrors. We then all died and came back into the room to find out that the dead water spawning points didn't dissapear.

- Another little bug that I found out, mirrors tend to not spawn after being used once. I'll use it once (succeed to activate all 4) then when we activate the orion key again, the mirrors do not spawn. It only happens after having used the mirrors at least once.
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Several times I've played DC the Metal Construct boss heals during the fight. We've gotten him down to about 25%, then he suddenly goes back to ~90% health. Doesn't happen every time. Sometimes also happens with the Drowned. Is this supposed to happen?
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Sorry for the delay with the holidays and all - I can't repro these internally. Was lag heavier during either of these instances?

The Drowned can heal when Deadwaters are destroyed near here and she is in the splash zone. There's some VO supporting that mechanic. The metal construct has no healing capabilities though. 1) was it laggy during these times and 2) did it seemingly go out of combat with everyone then it healed? The Drowned could also do something weird perhaps when she's out of combat, so if you see her doing that let me know. Did she only heal in the first half of the battle or also healed in the drowned section underwater?

For the construct I can get heavy handed I think and make sure it can't heal at all if it somehow drops out of combat. It's trickier with the Drowned due to the Deadwater mechanic but will look into it.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.