Dev Discussion Episode 36: Damage Control (4-Player Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Welcome to the 4 player operation- Damage Control. Here you'll travel across the galaxy from Oa to Atlantis, confronting Dawnbreaker and the Drowned, hopefully stopping their nefarious plans to support their master.

There are 2 modes - Event and Normal ready for your enjoyment.

Please post feedback, issues, and bug reports here and note the difficulty mode you are commenting on.

Thanks!

Known Issues:
    • The Drowned is overtuned for Event Mode especially
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Living Metal player "Target Arrows" don't clear if the group wipes. They persist into the next attempt.
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    The part with the air bubbles is a hot mess .
    • Like x 2
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Found and fixed the issue with the Markers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Krossmark Level 30

BUG: Joining an existing party in Oa caused players to warp in under the map, falling forever; easily fixed with the warp to rally point, group had already activated whatever cutscene is associated with Dawnbreaker as we just went into the fight as soon as I joined, as well there was a massive leaderboard list, which was weird since we didn't wipe after I joined.

Also want to say, have only played the Event version, but wow it was intense and a lot of fun, every phase had some interesting mechanics that were pretty well communicated to the player. Would have had my butt handed to me in Normal mode, I'm sure, but in Event it wasn't a problem navigating and managing them all; The Drowned fight was just excellent in the pacing of each phase.
  6. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

1. In silent school portion of alert, in the area right before players enter Arion's Tomb. Our group encountered a situation where we could not see what was attacking us. For lack of better word, an invisible enemy was close to our group and attacking us. All we could do was watch each other's health go down. ;)

2. Also in silent school, after some members of group quit the alert, and new players joined, we could not see the new players joining the alert on the map. It was as if they weren't even in the silent school area. We could chat with them via group chat, but we couldn't see them, they could not see us.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

For issues with new members joining when the party is on the Atlantis map, and they show up in Oa, have them use the teleporter exit to go back to Watchtower or Hall of Doom and use the operation teleporter. This should get them to the right place. This will be fixed tomorrow with the Saturday hotfix.

For the invisible enemy, I'm not sure what that could be. Is this in the Taurus room? Did the combat log show you what was hitting you? These would help track it down.

Thanks!
  8. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Thanks for the reply.
    regarding the "invisible attacker" , it was in the room where the portal to Arion's Tomb opens up. I only played the alert twice yesterday so didn't catch the names of the actual rooms. Regarding combat log, didn't think to check at time. I'll try again later today, if problem persists, I'll be sure to check it out.
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Bug: Stealth/Invisibility isn't working during the underwater portion of the Drowned fight, even while using the hand mod.
    • Like x 1
  10. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    The feat to kill 100 Giant Seahorse's is bugged.It doesn't count towards the feat,its sitting at 0/100 always.

Also i suggest making more of those seahorses spawn,some runs i only saw 3 of them spawn the whole boss fight.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

The notes here are now Live.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...r-hotfix-december-7-2019.306062/#post-4281737

• Removed an invisible NPC that could put players in combat in the dry section of the Drowned fight.
    • Fixed an issue with drowning damage happening too soon while the cinematic is still playing in the Drowned fight.
    • Completed an Event Mode balance pass on the Test of Taurus.
    • Air patches in the Drowned fight heal for more.
    • Added a safeguard for a rogue case of the Mirrors being possibly destroyed before they should.
    • Fixed an issue for Falling through the world in Event Mode when trying to join an ongoing team that has already gotten to Atlantis.
    • Fixed an issue for Living Metal target arrow not clearing on group wipe.
    One note that got missed is that the Seahorses now count for the Feat.

I'll get with Systems about the Stealth/Invisibility thing on Monday.
    • Like x 3
  12. Aquaflash New Player

Event mode: is harder than the normal mode. I agree with previous comment on the last part with the bubbles was time wasting. I thought event were easier than alerts and could've been done in a short amount of time even without a healer. Turns out not, i don't want even discuss the matter of bugs, lets just put it simply thats also a problem. Story wise: where is Murder Machine, where is Devastator. Lets play cards instead in raids. Very disappointing storywise and contentwise.
    • Like x 1
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Thanks for the fixes yesterday, but got to say that the Drowned seems quite overpowered, particularly her call of the deep / dead water attacks. Or at least that she can do them way too often. Takes quite a while to build up 10,000 on a SC, but she can do several in a row.
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Naturally this is an even greater problem in the event version where you get a lot of inexperienced, low cr/sp players. And this is a complicated fight, having to move from air spot to air spot.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll adjust the Drowned tomorrow.
    • Like x 3
  16. Eve YouTuber

Feedback from a friend on the EU server:
    Every time he runs the alert on event version, he falls off map. He wasn't able to complete it yet due to him keep falling the moment he loads into the alert. Event version only, he didn't try regular. I had another friend telling me the exact same thing. So might be a thing in the event version of the alert.
  17. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Thanks, I appreciate it.
    Played event version again. In that last fight I see (this is all after she floods the room):
    -Drowned, with her special attacks, and she gains a shield
    -Dead sea AOE on the ground
    -A couple rounds of ads
    -Typhoons
    -Underwater, so have to move from spot to spot
    All-in-all, way too much for event & for low level players.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wildcat Committed Player

event version of the alert is too hard, new people are not able to pass second boss.

please, log on the eu server and try play event version, its not possible to comeplete this alert with random people.

I was trying for like 7-10 times already, always second boss.
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

This was fixed on Saturday but not sure when they were reporting it. It was only happening in Event when new people tried to join an existing group that was already on the Atlantis map. I'll need more info to figure out if it's something else other than that.
  20. Eve YouTuber

Yeah he told me today he ran one of the raids before Saturday so I believe it was the same for the alert. I asked though, he will run the content again this Friday and will let me know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.