Test Discussion Episode 35: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug Report:
    Discounts aren't being applied to the vendor gear when either the "Ares Cosplay" or "Put It On" feat are unlocked.
  2. myandria Item Storage

??? Ok.. silly question and I do not remember if I have asked this before:( :

Why would you swap out white mods? I see them as an enhancement to the artifacts and my characters own abilities, so I never swap them.
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Take me for example myandria.

I mainly Tank, however, I do DPS some times. With the new OP Neck, every time I want to DPS/Tank I have to double check to see if I have the right mod in my neck. Maybe last time I played I Tanked and this run I am going to DPS, so I need to swap out the Tank White Mod from the neck and put in a DPS one or visa versa. Another example would be, maybe the Raid we are running needs 2 Tanks only for the last boss and up until that point I am DPS'ing while another player is Tanking. Now we get to the last boss and I need to swap out my White Mod from my neck from DPS to Tank.

Is it impossible to do? Of course not. Is it a pain in the butt if you have to flip flop the mods non-stop on a regular basis? Absolutely.

I currently do this with the OP Helm. I either run the Berserker SC Head Mod for DPS or the Dash Attack SC Head Mod. It's just tedious and it would be awesome if they just gave OP Items dual White Mod Sockets.
    • Like x 2
  4. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...ok. Thank you for the explanation; this is good to know.:D

It seems I do not need to swap white mods, since I mainly play in role and rarely play in DPS.
  5. Red Five Developer

I wanted to thank you all for your bug reports! These are super helpful, and I've got most of them fixed for the next build.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ekart Committed Player

It would be nice if we could get the elite version of Merciless sword (Armor back style) as one & two-handed weapon style. I know it's to late for the first part, but keep in mind for the 2nd in December.
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Or make a generator page with two slots for each piece of gear. One for DPS role, the other for support role. And we put the mods there.
    • Like x 2
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't know if anyone asked already but are the Golden Collections related to the Upcoming OP Neck?

If yes, why go back to the old sytstem?
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

From what I understand, you get the Neck from the last boss of the Monsters of Metal raid, and then you have to level it up with catalysts (similar to the Cape). Each rank appears to only require 1 catalyst. However, the catalysts are actually the rewards for each of the 3 Omnipotent collections.

Don't panic at the thought of 3 Omnipotent collections, though, as each one seems to only have 4 different collection pieces in them, so it works out the same as any other Omnipotent collection, in the end.

So it's a hybrid system of both the Collections model and the Level Up model. I haven't personally done this on test, yet. So it's just speculative based on the evidence available.

Geoforce100 has done a part 1 and part 2 video on his findings so far, and I've had a couple of people reach out to me with confirmed drop locations of certain collections, which I'm logging in my Episode 35 Rewards Guide, if you're looking for more info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For those interested, I've done a video on the Episode 35 Base Items:

There are some cool items that I've wanted for the longest time in there. The Kitchen items, the Themyscian flower beds and especially the Penguin Habitat, which I've been waiting to get my hands on since NerdOfPrey announced we'd be getting a smaller version of the Iceberg for our lairs during the Episode 24, 25, 26 livestream.

However, a lot of people seem to be disappointed that there aren't many actual Metal themed items, and too many of them seem to either resemble older items that already exist (Modern Light, Leather Couches) or re-releases of items that already exist (Flash Balloon, although this was a collectables reward if I remember correctly).

I'm not sure what ideas other players have for potential base item rewards, but I would love to see 3D signs of each of the Dark Nights Metal character's emblems, similar to the Lantern Corps Wall Banner base items we saw in Episode 12.

Basically doing this:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

but with these:

[IMG]

Maybe even a giant, empty version of the Mantling, so that we can fill it with these logo base items as we collect them.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ekart Committed Player

I think their creative meetings go like this: "How can we overcomplicate things for the players? Let's writte suggestions on pieces of paper and draw one of them from the hat. The winner gets a free lollipop."

Otherwise I can't explain this decision.
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No idea. Could be a economy-related decision. Do Omnipotent collections have higher value than the long term value of the catalysts? Can people still make a good amount of money off the rarer catalysts?

Could also just be a return to familiarity. E34 was the first episode in 8 that didn't involve obtaining the Omnipotent item via a collection. Maybe they wanted to return to that method, while making it less "boring" than just collecting a collection and adding some lore to it (the item is called Dark Robin's Gift and the tool tips are full of lore references).

Not sure how simple the process is this time, but wasn't the original version of the Cloak convoluted, requiring certain CRs before certain catalysts dropped in specific instances, with some being exclusive to the Elite raids? Maybe it's just a simpler version of that. Maybe it's as simple as "complete the 3 collections, level up the gift, Necklace is yours".
  12. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

There wasn't a "Genral" discussion for the Game Update for the Test Server. This one was the most relevant, I think. So when the Titan's Vendor changes to Source Marks, does the Beast Boy's Shedded Fur collection piece go down in price at all, or is it still 375, just in Source Marks now instead of Titans Credits? I ask, because I don't have access to the Test Server.
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah it's 375 Source Marks, now :) I'm not sure if this was a thing before, but they've also got the Catalysts for the episode's Augments in the vendor, too:

Grey - 1 Source Mark
    Green - 2 Source Marks
    Blue - 8 Source Marks
    Purple - 20 Source Marks
    • Like x 4
  14. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Did the Titans Credits in the inventory/currency get converted into Source Marks the way they did with Ultra Bucks and Atlantean Crowns, or are we going to have to convert them ourselves?
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It looks as though we have to convert them ourselves. Inside the E32 vendor, you can buy Source Marks for Titans Cred and the prices on all the items has been converted to Source Marks.
  16. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Thanks for taking the time to check. Is it 1 to 1, and we have to sit there and press "confirm" several hundred times if we have a bunch of Titans Credits saved up, or do we have to buy them in increments of 5, 10, 20, etc.? I ask, because that way I can do the dailies the final week in a way that I end up with zero Titans Credits filling up space in the Currency tab screen.
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This may just be my imagination or bad luck but I was curious about the drop rate on the Consumable/R&D plans on test. I have run about 15 of the dailies and 10 of the Solo's and I have 1 rank of the Looter Tuner and I have only have received 3 total* consumable plans (Nitro Soder, Personal Dampening, Dazing Device)
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug Report:
    One of the Episode 35 Investigations is called "Batwoman's Research". However, in Episode 34, there was a Briefing that was also titled "Batwoman's Research".
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I wasn't kidding when I said this lol
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I am not getting ANY R&D plans whatsoever even with multiple runs and augments both rank 20. I know other players are getting R&D consumables and plans I have no idea why it's just me
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

[IMG]

So on test server I had enough dark metal catalysts to break through to Rank 21 on the Might Augments to get the Deadly Shred perk to have extra damage. I ran some open world and didn't see any damage procs killing npc's so I went in the solo and recorded the combat analyzer and ran the entire solo and the extra damage or procs doesn't appear in the combat log at all?

I understand its meant to stack with other players that have the Deadly Shred rank but how is this damage supposed to work normally as I couldn't notice anything and as above didn't see anything in the combat log
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.