Test Discussion Episode 35: Open World - Metal Gotham

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

The Batman Who Laughs has unleashed metallic chaos on Gotham City. He has released a metal virus that renders its victims mindless and aggressive. He even cracked open Arkham Asylum to add escaped inmates into the mix. Poison Ivy and Mister Freeze have gotten involved and maybe others as well.

Hero and villain will need to work together to save Gotham City from this latest threat. Though...I don't know...maybe we let them have Gotham this time? Just this once? No. Okay then it's up to us to take back the city.

Have fun in Metal Gotham! Please post your thoughts, feedback, and any issues you come across.

- Quixotic

Oh, almost forgot: feedback on the Metal Part 1 mission can also be posted in this thread.

Known Issues:
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Daily Bonus Coin NPC in the Docks area has the wrong audio on Hero Side. The police officer is using the audio from the Chaos Gotham Daily Bonus Coin NPC.
    • Like x 4
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Metal Part 1 mission says "To queue for and complete the Metal Pt . 1: Scarlett Speedster 1-Player Operation and investigate the red storms that envelope Central City".

I finished it, but the mission didn't progress. I'm unable to do any of the open world missions as a result.
    • Like x 4
  4. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Same. Solo won't register as complete, so we can't get the open world missions.
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

It seems like completing the solo is what opens access to missions in the open world. Because we can't complete the solo mission I can get into the open world but there are no missions available other than the Daily Bonus NPC.
    • Like x 1
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

I am having the same issue, can we By-Pass having to do a solo before we can attempt to do open world missions like in JLD the pointer mission so much easier and takes less time.
  7. JackFrost Developer

Hey all, sorry about that! We're hoping to get a fix out this weekend, but it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest. When the fix goes out, you'll need to re-play the Solo instance "Scarlet Speedster" in order to advance the mission.
    Again, apologies, and thank you for reporting the issue! You all are super-appreciated.

Edit: we're trying to disable the 'Metal Part 1' pointer mission on the test server tonight so the Open World missions are unlocked in the meantime. So you may see them start working this evening after all.
    • Like x 2
  8. Gromm865s Active Player

Have to say, the "Metal men" npcs are extremely too easy. In tank role with 0 skill points in might or precision, I can k'o a group of 3 in about 10 seconds.
  9. Ender1Game Developer

We published a hotfix this morning to PC Test to resolve the issue. Please confirm that the pointer mission can now be completed.
    • Like x 1
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am able to do Open world missions now - i wasnt able before the fix
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feedback Weekly: Mission - Rift it Up

144 Rifts are too much, unless we were able to activate them from all across the Map and letting it Count towards everyones couter, its simply too much in comparison to other Open World Weekly's that played similar.
    • Like x 4
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

In the mission to free Commission Gordon, when you defeat the last enemy and are then able to leave the zone, the rest of the zone repopulates (except for that room). No idea if that's by design or not.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

All open world missions appear to be open for Villains.
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

"Miming Metal" Mission Feedback
    Fine. No issues, don't think anything needs to be changed. Nice to see the Metal Mimes incorporated into Metal storyline.

"Riddled With Traps" Mission Feedback
    Another fine mission. Didn't take too long. Was acceptable. The only improvement I'd suggest is to the timings on the bombs. The small window we have to activate the package is a little bit too short, and I found the packages to still occasionally detonate, despite getting the cog in time, albeit at the very last second of the window. I think extending the length of the window to activate the cog would resolve this issue.

"First, Second, and Third Aid" Mission Feedback
    This mission is quite a drag due to the length of the timers for each police officer recovery. It took significantly longer than the other missions I got from the quest givers. I often found myself defeating a wave and running off, forgetting that more waves would spawn. In my opinion, a reduction in the timer would make this mission more enjoyable than it currently is.
  15. SilkyPawz Bunny

I really thought we had gotten past killing 300 + adds for weeklies but now not only 323 then the rift 144, can both of these be reduced? Can the 144 rift be made like Motes you just run up to and collect that way, instead of constantly clicking 100+ times.
    • Like x 3
  16. SilkyPawz Bunny

What is the reason for Captain Hightower Mission? it doesn't give anything, for me to start the open world . I need to do SOLO, then talk to Nightwing, then go to Watchtower , then back to Open World, Then talk to Captain Hightower, Find Fat Gordon who gives me nothing I just kill a bunch of adds :confused: Then I have to teleport to Watchtower and back to Open World to be able to pick up any dailies or weekly mission ...Why is there soooo much to do to just get to the Open World Dailies and Weeklies???
    • Like x 1
  17. Gromm865s Active Player

The daily where you have to collect damaged spheres, no cog comes up after defeating the required enemies. With power animations it makes it a little hard to figure out where the spheres are.
    • Like x 1
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    For the Metal Part 1 pointer mission, the wrong audio clip plays during the "Use Warp Menu or Teleporter in Watchtower to Travel to Metal Gotham City" objective. The clip that plays is associated with a previous episode and is asking us to visit Central City.

Here is a Demonstration:
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    For the Dark Nights in Gotham City mission, "against" is misspelled in the mission description.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the Miming Metal mission, the Metal Clown NPC health feels rather high compared to most other things you encounter in open world. I can see low CR players having trouble completing this mission.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.