Test Discussion Episode 35: Monsters of Metal 8-Player Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

I'll flick you a private message, I'll keep it out of this thread.
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

So, finally got around to running Metal Elite properly this afternoon. No funky business with busted weapon combos, a legit run. We were all 270CR with 350 or less SP.

Worth noting ALL my feedback regarding the raid is focused on Elite and only Elite.

My feedback regarding the bosses in order:

Mister Freeze:

Beautiful landscape with the ice and everything. The fight itself is actually interesting and requires a good level of team work. In order to beat it we utilized 3 Tanks (1 in DPS spec and gear with the flaming sword), 2 Healers, 2 DPS, 1 Controller. The torch lighting mechanic and the swarm of adds make the boss fight intense ensuring that you need to kill them or aggro them asap so they don't kill a player. Once that part is done though it is pretty straight forward. One Tank holds everything while the other Tank plays tag with Mr. Freeze and the DPS/Tank obliterates the little adds to keep it from getting out of hand.

Bugs/Issues w/ Mr. Freeze Fight:
    • Mr. Freeze has a pull attack that is pretty much a one-shot that does not have a skull icon. This attack should be symbolized by a skull attack.
    • The damage that the Ice Giant and Mr. Freeze does overall seems to be a bit on the low end seeing as how we were all in 270 gear and the only attack that really hurts is the pull attack Freeze does that has no warning.
    Poison Ivy:

Rather boring and straight forward fight. This fight is summed up by simply activating a cog every now and then, blocking when Ivy goes to the center, and burning Ivy down. We did this fight with 1 Tank, 4 DPS, 2 Healers, 1 Controller.

Bugs/Issues w/ Poison Ivy Fight:
    • Poison Ivy can get pinned by Robot Sidekicks as she is rather single minded on her attempt to get to the center of the room to do her one shot. We had one instance where she literally got pinned by 2 or 3 Robot Sidekicks for like 10-15 seconds straight. I believe someone despawned theirs to allow her through. This can be exploited by other players if EVERYONE in the raid is running Robot Sidekicks as it increases the chances dramatically that she will run smack dab in a horde of them on her way to the center to do her one shot and get stuck. Once she is stuck she will literally stand in that one spot trying to move and do nothing making the fight a free for all DPS fest.
    • There needs to be an add spawning wave or something in this fight to increase the difficulty of it or something. Not saying it HAS to be a wave of spawning adds but something should be done so this fight isn't so easy and simple.
    The Batman Who Laughs:

First off, gotta give you props for the awesome looking area you battle The Batman Who Laughs. Top notch job there. We did this fight with 2 Tanks, 3 DPS, 2 Healers, and 1 Controller. The artifact carrying mechanic is a bit tedious and will take people dying before they figure out how long they can hold it and how they have to pass it off to another player as I don't recall there being a message on screen stating "Play hot potato with the artifact until you get it to it's destination.". A good portion of my league mates did not enjoy the fight as it is rather long and tedious but I personally found it okay. One boss, can't recall her name, is just a copy and paste of Johnny Quick which was a bit disappointing as we had a ton of rehashed bosses and boss mechanics in GoM2.0 (Idols). However, the other boss that spawned (Merciless) was new with kind of new attacks which was nice (although I believe his big hit is the same animation as Mr. Freeze's from the first fight where he slams the ground).

Bugs/Issues w/ Batman Who Laughs Fight:
    • Counter mechanics don't work on Batman Who Laughs. This is extremely annoying and makes Tanking him uninteractive as you have zero reason to fight him. You just kite Tank him non-stop and stay away from him since there is no reward to actually doing battle with him. Makes the fight feel very boring.
    • The Merciless's skull attack should be a one-shot if you don't block it. Right now you can shield through it. It hurts A LOT if you don't block but you can get away with not blocking. Seeing as how we were all 270CR and not dying to the mechanic if we didn't block was a bit surprising.
    • Like x 3
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Edited my response here as I apparently typed "new bosses and boss mechanics" when I meant "reused bosses and boss mechanics".
  4. JackFrost Developer

Hey all, just to follow up:

I've read all of this thread and the PMs I've gotten about this content, and some changes related to difficulty tuning should be on the Test server tonight/this weekend. I still have more I want and intend to do before the content goes to the live servers, but would love to hear any feedback over the weekend related to difficulty to help me shape those future changes.

Generally, a few things have been buffed in Elite and Normal, with a couple of one-shots getting fixed. Event mode will also be a tad bit more difficult in a couple of ways, but I can pull back on those things if they prove too much.

Thanks again for helping test the new content and sending along feedback!
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ran Normal last night for the first time. We ended up with a group of 7 which was kinda tough considering what goes on in the last fight. We were all 270 except one at 275 but we had maxed artifacts. We could have definitely used another support role especially since we were pretty much figuring out all the mechanics on our own, but we got through it. DPS just can't stand and pew pew. I can't see an uncoordinated group not in voice being very successful at this.

I despise that as a tank I can get tossed about in the Ivy fight. Doesn't feel like I was able to get in any counters on the bosses. Nevertheless, seems like tank breakouts and immunity trinkets may be very helpful. I would not add any more difficulty to the Normal raid.
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ran Elite today, someone pulled all of the adds behind the Frostwall at once. We wiped. We got back then wiped again and again because these adds were basically Camping at the Teleporter spawn area. Would love to see them detaut after a grp wipe.
    • Like x 1
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bug Report:

Elite Version: We eventually came to the second boss and after a few wipes someone left the instance due to a Power Change (wich he could not perform due to the Form Change bug) and we invited him back and kept trying.

After some other wipes he left again, but after reinviting he was'nt in our Phase - Its just like the Bug from False Idols.

We had to disband since no one else could join anymore...
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Just wanted to drop feedback about add waves on bosses. Not necessarily in these raids but raids in general.

So we have this meta where we use two tanks and just tank the adds off to the side or one tank and just completely ignore them and single target the bosses down. I think thats kinda weak and would like to see the adds present more danger to the tank and the group so you can't just let them pile up or tank them off to the side.

First I think if there are add waves they should be on a timer not at a certain health percentage of the boss, that way the adds always keep coming so letting them pile up won't always be idea.

Second, adds need to do more. We should have more adds like medics, ones that could stun group members, take power and some that do crazy damage so you can't just let them pile up.

I'd like to be forced to kill the adds cause they were a threat and have them feel like they are part of the encounter not hide them off in a corner somewhere. This would also make the group composition more diverse instead of the usual all single target dps.
    • Like x 1
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

From my tank pov adds hit harder then bosses so group should focus on not letting to many adds to pile up also i am against adds who are able to stun the tank, that is very annoying, the role is already the hardest to execute.
    • Like x 1
  10. JackFrost Developer

Hey! Thanks for the report. Could you describe the form change bug you're seeing? Was someone stuck in a form-change? Or they were unable to do a form-change?

And when a person got in this bad state, they left the group, rejoined, and they weren't in the correct phase? As in they weren't in the same instance with you? Did they get sent back to the Frozen Gotham instance where groups would fight Freeze?

Any additional info may help us in tracking down the issues you all experienced. Thanks again!
  11. JackFrost Developer

Hey, thanks for the post! I want to make sure I understand the issue you are describing... your group was playing the Elite Operation, and someone pulled a bunch of mobs to the spawn point, and then you all were being spawn camped by them? This was before the event where the ice walls close in front and behind the group, and a bunch of Shardlings spawn? Thanks!
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

Hey Jack, I was in that group. To clarify:

We cleared all adds up to the part when an ice wall is closing behind us and another is in front of us. When adds overwhelm the group and wipes. People can return in that hallway over the teleporter in front of the ice wall, however the adds are still piled up and instantly wipe the group again. It took like 10+ deaths per player to get it finally cleared and continue.

I'm not sure if there were NPCs with us, I was busy sightseeing so I forgot why I was even there in the first place ^^. If some were, it would explain that they were the issue and not resetting after the wipe and so the adds still relentlessly beating on the NPCs piled up at the spot.
    • Like x 1
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ran it a 2nd time. So what happened in the First run was: The Ice walls went up and there were like 2 or 3 "normal" adds. As soon as we attacked they started spawning those small Ice adds. These were immune to Stuns (dont know if intended or not). Since there were so many, we wiped. But they didnt despawn after no one was left between the Ice walls.

We did it the 2nd time we ran the Raid. I guess we were not using the Sunblade mechanic in the 1st run. However it would still be nice to let the Ice adds spaw new, everytime the whole Group wipes.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So a Dps wanted to Change his power but in the Instance it said that he can't switch powers while transformed. Even tho he was in his Normal form (i think he was Ice). So he had to leave the Instance to switch his Powers. He did that and we invited him back to the Instance (we were already at Poison Ivy and wiped at least 2x before he left). That worked. Then after another 20min. or so he decided to switch again, since People were taking a break anyway. Then we Invited him back again. He got the Invite and got into the Raid, but he was in a different Phase. He was also at the Checkpoint after the Boss fight of Mister Freeze, but in his Phase all adds were alive and he would've had to Progress as if he was never in that part of the Raid before. Means he had to talk to Deathstroke to continue.

I remember this same Issue from False Idols Elite since it is basically the same. In false Idols we were also not able to rejoin the same Instance/Phase but only after some Time or wipes.

I dont know if he got sent into the Normal Version of the Raid, but he couldnt come back.
    We tried to reinvite him, let him come back through the Teleporter in the Watchtower, reopened the Instance so he could que from on Duty and tried to invite someone else. Nothing worked.
  15. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

So me and my buddys went to give it a test again on elite:3
    I will give my quick review.

1stBoss:
    The golem now deals massive damage like 75%-80%. If the tank ins't carefull he may die.
    Mister Freeze, pull now is dodgeable. The fight itself seemed about right:3 good job:3

Adds Before 2ndBoss:
    Unlike before, if you not carefull u will sure be dead:3 Specially, if you group the adds together:3 Good job:3 It was fun:3

2ndBoss:
    We wiped around alot ALOT of times on it xd:3 I was initially tanking the adds:3. However as rage, the moment i used ragebringer or "whitout mercy" i would be dead. I endup swamping whitout mercy for sonic cry(cleaner cc).
    Our best attempt was me tanking ivy and 2 ice tanks getting adds(resonating gale, op), but we still could only reach her first skull.
    Personally I wouldn't nerf the adds damage, maybe tweet a little bit the spawning?) Prob we missed something, thought.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

@JackFrost

The feat for "Who's Laughing Now?" says:
    Defeat Batman Who Laughs in Shattered Gotham Normal or Elite

Is the text wrong or did Shattered Gotham receive an update?
  17. JackFrost Developer

Hey Penryn. That looks like a bug. He's currently only able to be fought in this Operation. Thanks for the report.
  18. JackFrost Developer

After watching a couple videos of folks trying this fight, it does look like this may be the case. :)
  19. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the additional info. We've investigated, and haven't found the smoking gun yet. We're going to keep our eyes out, and please chime back in if anything like this comes up again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    • Like x 1
  20. JackFrost Developer

I made some tweaks to try and alleviate this kind of problem from occurring in the future. Those changes should be on the PCTest server now. Let me know if you see any issues at this spot still. Thanks!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.