Dev Discussion Episode 35: False Idols 8-Player Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Sep 12, 2019.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

On US. And no there was no damage from the lava. Come to think of it if I remember correctly only the forge weapons spawned with no cog on the anvils. next time it happens I'll save the clip to give you all the info i can on it.

Also yay for those adds not jumping on us every 3 seconds lol.
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

While in False Idols, the adds in the area before the hill to the throne room could not be aggro'd or destroyed. We simply had to disband and re queue in.

Could be EU lag or another reason.

:(
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for the report. I sent the info to engineers. The data for that group of NPCs is shared between all the other groups in that trash mob pathway to the boss so if it was data wrong it would be wrong for all the encounters. Thinking EU lag but hopefully the engineers can tweak some region settings to make this more unlikely to happen during lag.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ully Committed Player

Agreed :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. reiko100 Active Player

amazon fury part 4 same raids with new stats...i just cant see that's actually is ''metal''(except and only MOM raids )...opinion from a honest costumer no lies not happy one...
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

In the last boss fight during the debuff phase theres a lag spike every so often that interrupts combo powers and weapon combos. I'm light and it really sucks to be in a grasping hand combo and next thing you know I'm lunging the boss cause of that lag spike lol.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is it intended that there are orange barrels in the boss fights in normal mode?
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So... i'm still having big Issues avoiding the Gaze as a Tank. Even if it doesnt lag it still feels like a 50% Chance to get stunned while looking away and turning the Character,so the Gorgon doesnt face me.

Anyone else?
    • Like x 2
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I`ve been having issues aswell with he gorgon, even if im looking to the opposite side im getting stoned several times.
    • Like x 1
  10. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Yeah, there was a couple of times when I got stoned out of completely out of range facing away into a wall. Managed to get through but it does seem inconsistent... Perhaps it needs to be looked at, you can really be on point and not mess up any mechanic in this fight but still wipe just because you got gazed and all adds went to the other side
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Charon
    should i post it in the bug section to see if even morep players have this issue or should we just keep it in this thread?
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Here is fine. Not exactly sure what's going on with the Gaze but will look at it again. I may have to resort to allowing block to bypass the Gaze. Data is set up the same as it always has been so unless it acted this way back when Gorgons were first introduced, then this behavior should be the same. Region issues could be causing poor communication between the server and the client.

Is this just with the Gorgon Snake Handlers/Charmers or the other Gorgons as well that can spawn in the waves?
    • Like x 1
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes. Event mode they respawn. Normal mode they spawn once. Elite mode they never spawn.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh ok, I thought normal raids weren’t supposed to have them either. Is that policy changing, or is this raid a special case? I don’t remember seeing any in Monsters Of Metal.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

It's a "me doing alerts normally and forgetting the policy for raids" case. Since it's been in for a while now, I don't plan to remove it. There will be an off chance it could be dictated that I remove it but the powers that be seem fine as of now for it to remain.
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just for the record I don’t have a problem with it either, I was just curious. :)
  17. AV Loyal Player

I think it adds flavour. Not like it really changes anything in normal and the overall impact would be even less in elite. The only thing is, unless I'm crazy, do I remember seeing orange barrels in there instead of orange crystals? If so, seems out of place.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They are definitely barrels. I’d forgotten those crystals existed until now to be honest. Yeah, Charon, you might wanna change them to crystals. I think that’s the reason they’ve been quietly bothering me all this time. I mean, I think we all know I wasn’t worried about them making the raid too easy. :D
    • Like x 1
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

No, no. Next Hotfix update:
    • Heal Barrels have been removed from Normal Mode per 9001BPM's request

j/k - crystals will start showing up instead of barrels at some point.
    • Like x 6
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh you. :p