Test Discussion Episode 34: Supercharges, Artifacts, and Balance Changes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemii Dedicated Player

its deeper than that bro. can a nature heal not spam that insectoid form every 12 seconds and dish out supercharge regeneration to a group? the shield part of this whole thing is more balanced. The otherside of the playing field is still broken and makes increasing the cooldowns to things like gale, speeddrain from 1 sec to 30 look very pointless. Everything should be going live balanced with increased cooldowns to 30 seconds not just everything that was 1 sec cool down because their is definitely an alternative to make you feel like you never missed a beat
    • Like x 2
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

well maybe we will see now more nature powers since they can go in and out of animal form for the SC regeneration every 12sec, nature healing has been avoided for the most time now in elite content.
    • Like x 1
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

i mean yeah but everything should of been looked into. I understand trying to swing this whole thing out with the new DLC but like i said yesterday it seems Rushed and only truly balanced from the shield aspect of things and thats to an extent.

Nature heal insectoid 2500sc 12sec cooldown spamming the EOG - electric heal as a 2nd heal in the group. still strongest shield in the game.. yeah you increased the shield SC 10000 who cares i still have this nature heal in the group still spamming the EOG every 12 secs for me because that was unchanged...

^thats not where it stops either it gets better "lets get an atomic tank with the EOG and have him put on energizer or atomic blast which is a 0.5 sec cool down and 5000 SC or an ice tank using ice elemental with a 0.5 sec cooldown and 5000sc

of course not everyone can make these types of groups im just throwing it out there as something that can actually be a thing if try hards really wanted to make it a thing and kind of swerve around this update to an extent.
    • Like x 5
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yea that's what I said, neo venom is a 40% damage increase, circuit breaker is a 55% increase where wolf is a 10% and increases crits. There are a whole bunch of other supercharges that fit your little description as well. 2 Entombs are WAY more damage than 1 Earthquake. The majority of supercharges aren't balanced in this game and they said its on their agenda as well once time permits. It's also the same reason why the above supercharges weren't even mentioned by the devs because they are not pop and forget supercharges it is 100% entirely on the player to maximize the damage those supercharges do when a Earth dps can just hit 1 button and do 500k damage with Entomb and keep clipping their supercharge generator.

I didn't say anything in defense of nature healers using bug to transform out and give EoG, this was the very reason I advocated for a EoG change not the powerset change they went with. But that doesn't mean there still isn't an issue present and plus 2 nature healers would be a terrible combo for these raids because there is still plenty of spike damage that nature healers are not good at unless they use the orb of arion which plenty of healers say they don't like and the fact that powers like cross poll will have range issues.

You can't just go wildly nerf every supercharge without actually understanding the supercharges which you don't because supercharges based on damage are in completely separate category and are harder to balance.

Yea they can, didn't say they couldn't nor did I say anything in support of nature healers using bug to transform, this is why I actually wanted EoG changed and not the powers but everyone on the forums would cry for days because of all the $$ they spent if they nerfed the artifact so the devs can only take this route. It's easy to change a cooldown on a supercharge that is just a pop and forget one, you change the cooldown on any supercharge that is crit based or % dmg increase you have to change completely how it works. This was more than what could be expected in less than a week before a DLC.
  5. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

That's for dps. Healer stance being a battery doesn't consider/care about those things.
    Healer Stance Loadout: Serpent Call, Vine Lash, Briar, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Bug Form
    Bug Form Loadout: Serpent Call, Vine Lash, Briar, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Wolf Form
    Wolf Form Loadout: Serpent Call, Vine Lash, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Speed Drain, Return to Normal

Rotation:
    HS - SC, VL, B, H, 5x VP, BF
    BF - H, 5x VP, WF
    WF - H, 5x VP, SD, H 5x VP, RtN immediately back into to BF.

Still proc'ing gemini every 6s and I'm parsing a wide gap. Low end is 28-30k dips but you're still getting the 40-50k range often on 3 targets. 34.4k might. Only difference is that now I lose supercharge slowly over time which could be remedied by just doing 1-2 extra rotations or hitting Serpent Call 4x VP instead of 5x VP per transformation.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. not_again Dedicated Player

Thank you for this! This further demonstrates that all the power changes need to be reverted back (the shield value balancing can stay) and make the change to the problem which is the artifact. These band aid fixes are not a long term solution and this non sense is hitting the live server tomorrow with all sorts of issues that need to be worked out.
    • Like x 3
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I wouldn't say all sorts of issues, there is 1 powerset issue and that's Nature and that isn't something you can fix in 72 hours. You can't just make Wolf a 30s cooldown because Wolf has no inherent bonuses outside of the limited duration of crits but after that there is no bonus where Gorilla, which would be the same cooldown has Impaling Thorns AOE dealing massive dmg to low targets as an inherent bonus.

Literally every single FOTM dps in the ENTIRE GAME went Nature at the beginning of stats revamp because of the poison and roar issues and after those were addressed there was a mass exodus from nature and the same thing will happen again this time.
  8. not_again Dedicated Player

I agree about nature. I do not want any nerfs to might dps. I do not necessarily want a nerf to precision, but I would like might for most of the powers to be able to catch up some.

There are definitely all sorts of issues. I will lay them out since they are not as apparent to some as there are others.

The 1 sec cool down moving to 30 secs directly nerfs might dps players that were relying on the orange circles.

The shielding supercharges going 10000 supercharge was an unnecessary nerf if you were going to move the movements to 30 seconds. The balancing the values is fine.

There 2500 super charge cost at cooldowns less than 30 secs. As shown above someone playing the role of supercharge battery is still alive and well.

All of these changes are happening at the same time content is as difficult as we have seen in quite a while and is landing on the same day. While all of us here on the forums know what is coming a majority of the player base will not. Instead of playing the new content they will have to divide their time between testing the new changes and changing their play style while trying to conquer new and a lot more challenging content.

I think we definitely agree there is a problem here especially with the supercharge regeneration associated with the EoG, but these changes are rushed. Without a full blown balance pass these changes are going to frustrate quite a few players. These changes could have came out a month ago so players would have had an opportunity to incorporate these changes into their playstyle and allowed the development team to gather feedback from the live servers. Now they have to do that in the midst of very challenging content.
    • Like x 4
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Based on the very diverse feedback from testers and non-testers alike, we want to continue to review and look into these issues as everyone plays and adapts. These latest changes on test will go live with JLD tomorrow.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.