Test Discussion Episode 34: Supercharges, Artifacts, and Balance Changes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarif Committed Player

Agreed, they make these changes, and this goes live, I will never trust the artifact system again. I spend ALOT of money in game and on the market place. If they just had me spend everything I just did to build up an artifact to use its abilities for my character like this, I sure wont EVER spend another dime towards any of them again.

Theres no coming back from this kind of loss, fopr me as a player. Leave our super charge cool downs alone!!! They are already bad enough as is!!!
    • Like x 7
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

So, you have paid real money to spam Dash Attack for each second, right? This is DC Universe Online.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tarif Committed Player

How is this even being thought about? We spent money for Artifact XP tokens, we spent time grinding, we spent money for each seal of preservation and completion from the marketplace!

Devs think this money we spent on them was in game cash? No, it wasnt. It was real money to use these abilities, and the items have to be purchased directly from the market place.

Just because some players that DONT WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON THEIR OWN ARTIFACTS complain, the rest of us that did sure as h#!! shoudnt be penalized for it, and have our SC cool downs taken from us, that make all the work and money we pumped into them mean nothing now.
    • Like x 6
  4. Tarif Committed Player

Man, kick rocks with the insult. I paid money for artifact exp tokens, seals of preservations, and completion, to build my artifacts up, that rely on faster lesser hitting super charges that had low cool downs that allowed the artifact to be viable.
    • Like x 5
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Personally, I like these changes.

I do think that for those who are upset about what they may see as a devaluation of Eye of Gemini and/or Scrap of the Soul Cloak, you may want to consider offering a period in which those two artifacts can be consumed into another artifact for 100% xp.

I mean, I'll be keeping mine, but yeah.
    • Like x 1
  6. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Hey, so this is quite an oversimplification of people's myriad and legitimate concerns about these proposed changes. I don't think anyone can claim to be too upset about the DA exploit being corrected, really.
    • Like x 4
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think this is a big mistake with the amount of money people have spent to upgrade these artifacts.
    • Like x 6
  9. Dynamo Mach New Player

As a leader of one of the biggest leagues on Xbox and tons of influence on the game, I will tell everyone I can to not trust Daybreak leadership and not purchase artifacts due to these changes. . I spend over $120 on leveling EoG with seals, catalyst and both metals. This change is horrible and everyone should know that! Daybreak just lost paying members for this illthought out change.
    • Like x 5
  10. eanur Well-Known Player

I'll leave others to talk about supercharge and shield changes as they are not of interested to me but I do want to bring to your intention the artifacts part.

You mentioned you wanted them to add new playstyes and create new fun ways for players to play but unfortunately one of these new ones don't do that and that I mean the new supply Artifact. I mentioned my issues with it in the other thread so I'm just wondering since its too late for changes to be made befire live are you Dev''s plan to look at them after the dlc goes live? Right now I simply just don't see anyone really giving up another artifact to use it in the state it's in now
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

All i ask is dont push this out if your not planning to balance (everything) out right now. Because their will be CLEAR advantages with powers like electric and rages supercharges and their is already a CLEAR disadvantage with mentals 60 sec cool down... you can throw in neo venom as well... 45 sec cool down

on live id use that gale supercharge/cloak/eye of gemini structure to try and stay competitive against percision users who have the luxury to do an insane amount of damage with broken weapon combos such as smoke bomb and flurry shot because my supercharge/power in general was not good enough to keep up. This whole thing will be a big adjustment now
    • Like x 4
  12. Carilee Active Player

1) the extended supercharge chest mod only procs once every 30 seconds. so no one can infinitely spam a supercharge regardless of the Scrap and EOG even if it only has a one sec cooldown. eventually you will run out of SC.
    2) the EOG at 160 has a 6 sec effect, which means you aren't using your SC every 1 sec. at a minimum you are using it once every 6 sec.
    3) they already removed EOG SC regen stacking, which means you can only get SC regen from 1 green circle at a time.
    4) regardless of the practice videos that have been shown, no tank in an elite raid is going to run from a boss and into the dps/troll/healers and dump his supercharge during the middle of a fight unless he plans on wiping the group. on most elite raids dps, troll and healers are at max range.
    Therefore during a run, you would have healers alternating green circles. Prior to the change noted in item 3. this did allow two electric healers to alternate between vacuum bubble and Group Transducer where when 1 healer hit VB, the other hit GT and then 20 seconds later (with manacles) they did the opposite and they could maintain this. however after the change noted in item 3, they could not maintain this unless a dps switched to healer stance
    5) the timer increase to 60 sec for the SC shields fixes item 4 if there is a dps in healer stance
    6) changing the movement mode SC timers to 30 sec (and also PBloom) affects the running of alerts more than anything as SC shields are rarely used in alerts so you could use movement SC very often and it would make the alert go faster.
    7) This nerf all started because someone who will remain unnamed got 30 millioned in a reg raid on his earth dps by a munitions using EOG and being buffed by his healer dropping green circles. I know because it was a former league mate of mine and he was talking about it as it was happening. not more then a day later is when said unnamed person posted his video about the cheese. it seems weird to me that 1 person can insist on changes that affect an entire community and get something nerfed because he got out dpsed.
    8) it also weird to me that no one is addressing the fact that the super high end leagues have been beating elite on day 1s, not because of EOG and SC spamming but by using the insane single target damage of flurry shot mastery along with exploiting the first two days of the elite raid easiness that occurs before the eventual increase in difficulty that happens after they complain about how easy it is. No one seems to be worried about that. If this were really about balance and making sure things are the right difficulty, flurry shot would be talked about and addressed. otherwise this whole EOG thing is because 1 person got embarrassed in a raid by being out dpsed.
    • Like x 8
  13. Ringz Dedicated Player

Might be on to something regarding people concerns or this overly attachment we're seeing now.

I mean, literally, some of these artifacts are direct game-plan descriptions that should have been put in as a game update for balance.You pair that up with the game play variation that the devs intended this with. Makes you ask why did people choose the artifact they have now and why this upset vibe im hearing, cause this is reaching not only forums but ingame as well and people are pissed.

People get the artifact they have now because of the meta? Because it was the balance their play style needed? Or because of the game play variation. Because whatever it is, its obviously affecting gameplay on the same level wm and ams did. Now we have artifacts era.
    • Like x 2
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

For those complaining about EoG, you all do realize that Eye of the Gemini is still a stellar Artifact right? Sure you can't spam non-stop, but even still while in Tank or Healer role you insure that you and your other group members will have ready to go Supercharges when the time comes. Not to mention the Artifact is still bonkers good in DPS role, although I will say that there are some power sets that will have a distinct advantage over other power sets on the DPS front. Hopefully the developers will work their way through and balance other SC's via appropriate cool down times soon.
    • Like x 5
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I keep seeing this same argument about "well I paid for artifacts so how DARE the devs change anything to do with them cause of my hard earned cash going towards them" this is an entirely fruitless argument. Nothing has changed with the artifacts, if you want to earn and use your supercharge the fastest you still need to use Scrap and EoG, that doesn't change. The only thing that changed is players abusing and borderline exploiting the supercharge cooldowns. When these supercharges were created at stats revamp artifacts weren't even a thought, there was no thought that you could earn and use these 5000 supercharges in 24 seconds based on how strong they were made during stats revamp. I literally have a video as a rage dps earning and using 25 Berserks in a 7min fight, you can use Dash Attack unlimited times with the right mods/setup, Electric healers could use group transducer every 24seconds and that is 2 electrics. With the context of stats revamp this supercharge meta was never intended and brought amount completely dependant on 2 artifacts. 2 Artifacts caused the greatest imbalance this game has EVER seen and any intelligent player can't deny that fact. All this supercharge meta did was to completely trivialize content to the point that any major mechanic that the devs introduced in raids could be completely ignored by the supercharge meta. The seabeast fight in Throne, you just have a supercharge for each and everyone of his slams, it got to the point where after a wipe groups would ask "where was the shield" groups are completely ignoring basic mechanics because they have relied upon this meta to abuse and borderline exploit mechanics.

There is no valid point to be made that just because real money was spent on something that it shouldn't change. For one its actually in the Terms of Service for DCUO that any item in game is subject to change at any notice so you know what you are getting yourself into. The other point is that the artifacts that you spent this money on haven't changed. Scrap still gives you 2500 extra supercharge at 160 and increases regen, EoG still provides 6 seconds of regen for everyone around when used in support stance. The third point is that Scrap of the Soul Cloak and Eye of the Gemini are the only artifacts in the ENTIRE game that are just as strong and viable for dps as they are support. No other artifact has the same 2-way play-ability so meanwhile while controllers level up the amulet of rao or parasite power harness they can't use those for DPS role so that already limits your investment but with cloak and EoG, the very artifacts you are using this argument against, are the artifacts that already are twice the investment because you can use it equally for dps and support where other roles and aritacts can't say that.

I CHALLENGE anyone in this thread to actually carry on an intelligent conversation with me regarding this change to powerset supercharges negatively impact the amount of investment made by players for these aritfacts because the viability and functions of these artifacts you paid for have not changed in the slightest, the only thing that has changed is the game is now catching up to adjusting to artifacts which they couldn't do during stats revamp.
    • Like x 13
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh Eye Of Gemini, what havoc thou hath wrought :D

EDIT: I feel a lot of this could have been avoided if you just dusted off the mechanic from Lockdown and Labyrinth LB where people would get an aura that heavily damaged players around them. That might also have curbed excessive Gemini use. Just speculating though, I never levelled EOG myself so maybe it wouldn’t be that simple in practice.
    • Like x 1
  17. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Instead of just complaining, why not try providing some substance as well by showing what the problem is with these changes, and potential solutions. Refer to specific supercharges, abilities, cooldowns etc. and show why this is a terrible mistake in regards to the game and its gameplay. However, if the argument is just based on you feeling like you wasted your money on the EoG, I'm sorry you don't realize it is still a top tier artifact.
  18. not_again Dedicated Player

Serious question, do the developer not look at how these changes effect things as a whole instead of 1 particular issue? I know of and have tested many load outs that are dependent on maintaining high dps numbers because I can almost constantly keep orange circles up from using supercharges that have 1 seconds cooldowns. This is a direct nerf to those might based dps doing just that.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE POWERS! It’s is the super charge regen from the green circle! Stop nerfing powers!
    • Like x 3
  19. L T Devoted Player

It's not a lot of people complaining. It's 1 person complaining over and over again.

People paid for respec tokens when the gorilla exploit was a thing, too. They'll get over it.
    • Like x 4
  20. chrisjbnba New Player

Can you also change the tank and controller affects for EoG. It always baffled me why yanks can give the group supercharge but trolls can’t. I think that should be addressed with this fix also.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.