Dev Discussion Episode 34: Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please post any bugs you find relating to rewards here. Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

So where does the Tattered Chaos Lord's Cloak of Omnipotence piece drop ?
    1.) Does the Cloak drop in the Event, Regular, and Elite?
    2.) Is it a random drop or are you suppose to acquire it automatically upon completing Shattered Gotham?
    3.) Is it intended that there is no Feat Points or Title given by the Feat?

It's been 6 days since this has been asked and noone wanted to answer ...
    • Like x 3
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think the lack of response is telling.

I would like to be wrong, but I suspect it’s going to be a low rate RNG drop off the last boss of Shattered Gotham elite only (akin to the manbat henchmen in ZooE). That would mean that most would get it a year or more from now after it’s useless in content (if they ever get it at all).

The proper way to do it would be for the low level cloak to be granted early like an artifact and then people can be spend an extended period leveling it up. That would be more in line with what the devs claimed their intent was in the livestream; and it psychologically allows people to feel like they are accomplishing something along the way instead of endless failure of getting the item.

Of course, the above reasoning only applies to something like the cloak that has a limited shelf life in gameplay. Henchmen (no more powerful than any other henchmen) and a cape style don’t make much of a difference beyond a skill point or two. Those skill points are still useful if you get them a year from now - the cloak will not be.
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I got my OP back on PCTest from the last boss of Normal Shattered Gotham. That was after a marathon run of running the Normal content.
    • Like x 1
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

RNG or just granted?
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't know yet. I just wanted to mention that it appeared on Normal for me.
    • Like x 3
  7. Analytics New Player

People have seen in drop on the last boss in reg on live today.
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Just to let you know Econo, when we beat Shattered Gotham Elite earlier today, it dropped for all 8 of us. I am unsure if that means it is a guarantee'd drop in Elite the first time you beat it or if we just got REALLY lucky. I imagine it is guarantee'd in Elite while random in Normal.
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Finished Normal Shattered Gotham and half the group received the OP back. I think everyone that received it had completed all of the content in order today.
    • Like x 2
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That would make sense and be reasonable (even from an immersion standpoint). Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Just a heads up Pen, but when we got it from Elite today, none of us had run anything at all. We logged in, grouped up, and ran Shattered before even doing the intro mission to the episode. So I don't think running the content in order has any baring on a player getting the OP back. I really wish the developer in the Testing feedback had answered my post questioning the piece :(. This piece seems to be an enigma.
    • Like x 2
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I got the back im reg today too I don't know about the rest of the group I was just ready to get out of there.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks for the update. Everything is pointing to Shattered Gotham as being the final drop location. Not everyone in my group received it though. So I'm not sure what the final trigger is.

Maybe there is a high (but not guaranteed) drop chance for the OP Back in the raid?
    • Like x 1
  14. Perdition Committed Player

I dropped the cloak in Shattered Gotham Raid on normal, weird thing was that only 7 people got it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Generally speaking, we're not the game's strategy guide. Some things are for you to discover yourselves.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheMysticStar Level 30

I'm not sure here, but I think there maybe a bug with eternal chaos essence. It stops after running rock of eternity, and was only able to collect 2/5. I ran at least 15 times. Five out of that I used replay badges.
  17. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Batuba,

Just wondering if it is possible to have the pet teleport back to the player, follow the player and stay out a little longer (maybe 30sec-60sec), While out of combat and resume combat if the player reengages within that time? As of right now it only seems to stay out less than 5-10secs and what happens is when you are constantly in and out of combat (For example, going from one set of adds to the next) after awhile the pet (& status bar) tends to glitch(bug) and once that happens the pet will no longer spawn while in combat.

Swapping artifacts or warping to rally doesn't correct it, only zoning/loading somewhere else brings it back to normal. I am not sure why this keeps happening but its a known issue with pet powers and the only difference is with them you can personally summon/cast it back and only the UI status bar remains glitched until you zone again.

If it is possible to extend the de-spawn time perhaps that will help combat this issue some, at least until that glitch is eventually fixed.

Thank you for your time and dedication.

Sincerely: Brav
  18. Heywiar Committed Player

Not sure if this is intended or a bug but the Children of Cain's Essences from the alert are group loot. I hope this is just a bug.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

The rarest Essence for the Rank 2 breakthrough drops as group loot if someone else in the group has the Rank 2+ breakthrough

Needs to be addressed urgently please
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

So now we are putting OP item related pieces behind CR lockouts too?

The biggest change to ever happen to a OP related item ever since the first RNG drops, to the starro crafting materials to the collection rewards now every twist and turn to this OP item breakthrough each level brings more and more unanswered and weird questions. I'm sorry but this is something that definitely should have been able to be tested on test while the episode was up. There are numerous issues with this OP item concept. Don't worry about saving 100 marks to buy the collection when you have to spend marks along the way just to reach the CR level that you are required to buy said item and don't tell a player they need to reach that CR until the very last second they breakthrough the previous rank.

25 marks for 1, 50 marks for 2 and 100 marks for 3. So that's 175 marks of new currency dedicated so far* to the OP back but you are also expected to be cr268 before you can even buy it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.