Test Discussion Episode 34: Philosopher's Stone - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

My impression is there is now a 1) base cooldown internal reduction like the dead king sceptre 2) anyone wearing this artifact inside the supply will get a cooldown reduction on their own powers during the 4-8s window they have to dps
    • Like x 1
  2. eanur Well-Known Player

I think after reading this the cooldown reduction is only for the person who can't the Supply not anyone who has the artifact in the circle:

"Cooldown reduction for every cast artifact holder does during 0 power cost window (only works on person holding artifact that used the supply drop)"
  3. Batuba Developer

I can't give exact numbers until I've done further internal testing, however the concept is that you will have a flat CD reduction (say 10 seconds) then if you are the artifact holder AND the person that cast the supply drop, you will reduce your own supply drop CD by x seconds per cast during that 0 power cost window. You won't get same benefit from someone else's supply drop regardless of artifact.

The zero power cost portion of the artifact will still affect everyone who stands in a Philosopher's Stone empowered Supply Drop.
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I still feel that if it was a passive power cost reduction like an amplified version of the power efficiency chest mod it would be more appealing at 160. The lure of having decreased cooldowns for only 4-8 seconds as a DPS isn't enough to warrant wearing it at the loss of the passive stats for the length of the raid and while swapping between artifacts is reasonable in raid it can be impractical.

Still comes down to only a healer realistically having usage out of it but at the same time you have unlimited power (technically) for the 4-8 seconds so healers can already spam the abilities they would need to heal the group in that time and the cooldown reduction would be icing on the cake. Controllers wouldn't have any use for it as they don't need their abilities to have lower cooldowns for that duration. Tanks would have better artifacts to run in its stead.
    • Potential Balance issue is that the cooldown reduction for the 4-8s applies to all powers then it would also decrease the cooldown on the healers group shield/heal supercharge. But this would depend on how much the reduction is as with the soul cloak and or mannacles it could turn an already +/- 25 second supercharge into a 15-20sec supercharge.
    But will reserve complete judgement until we can test this new update.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'm sitting here thinking the same thing. I cannot think of any role that would want to use this artifact.
    It looks cool though. xD

I would get it for a sorcery or celestial character just for the looks if was a regular supply drop. This one might get people to run away for real.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Why not just make it like the regular supply drop with expanded range?
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

After 03/20 Hotfix

supply drop without
    - 5min
    supply drop with (160 Rank)
    - 4:09 min
    - 17 powers used (17*3=51)
    • Would appear that the initial 10 seconds doesn't appear to be working.
    • This is also as an electric healer spamming every single power on its loadout the second it comes off cooldown which won't be practical for every healer powerset and certainly couldn't be for any dps/tank/controller so their cooldown reduction would most likely be 21 seconds which 21 seconds off 5 minutes is inconsequential
    • Was there a thought to giving it 10% passive cooldown like the deadking? The 10% passive is 30 seconds (300*0.10) which is the equivalent to using 10 powers in 8 seconds which is not practical for almost every powerset.
    • If it could be included that all free powers from all players used in the 4-8 seconds would be more appealing but may not be logistically possible from a programming standpoint
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I keep playing around with this artifact, but I'm not sure what the best use for it is supposed to be. In the absolute best case, I get 8 seconds of free casting every 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. You have to build specifically for it though and dedicate a couple of Artifact slots to get the best boost. When you are trying it out in solo situations, it feels very underwhelming because 3 1/2 to 4 minutes is a very long time to wait in this game. You can't use your Supply Drop with impunity. You still have to carefully time where and how you are going to use it.

It would be nice if the "activation FX" that shows up on your feet was a little more noticeable. It blends in too much with the larger circle for my liking.
  9. eanur Well-Known Player

Feedback
    So I've been on test a bit over the last couple of days testing out this Supply Artifact and try and figure it out so i figured i would now post my feedback on here and try post it in a constructive way.

First I want to point out what the base supply actually does without Artifacts included. The supply drop will instantly restore a % of your health and power and give a dmg buff (i think 50%) for 8 seconds to anyone who comes within its circle. The cool-down of it is 5:00mins which means its best used either at the start of a boss fight for dps in order to try get it off cool-down asap or for healer and troll as a situational trinket to restore the group.

The cool-down can be reduced using Dead Kings Scepter at lvl 120 by 10% so its now 4:30mins cool-down which can be good as this in most cases allow you to use your supply 1 more time per boss fight then others who in your group don't have Dead Kings Scepter and your Orbitals do get buffed but to be real this wont help you top the scoreboard and there are better Artifacts out there and most will use other Artifacts instead. With this new Artifact it does great some Synergy with Dead Kings Scepter as really you need both to make this New Artifact work fully but this New Artifact does not in anyway buff Dead Kings Scepter and i feel that they are missing some thing good with having these 2 more work together.

Now i want to give my opinion about the buffs for each lvl:

• At lvl 80 your get +200% Supply Circle range and for 4 seconds everyone who steps in it gets 0% power cost. I have no issues with this as it is just lvl 80 and its a good starting point.
    • At Lvl 120, which is the level most non hard core players will realistically get it to you get a 10 second cool-down on your Supply. This in my opinion is worthless.... The cool-down as i said earlier is 5:00mins or 4:30min with Dead kings Scepter and so this 10 second will not change much. On top of that we get 3 second further cool-down per power cast during the 0% power cost window (only Applying to the person who cast the supply and his own powers used). You still only have a 4 second window so even with spam your only going to hit 3-4 powers so your looking at on average I would say an extra 10 second cool-down reduction. This gives you roughly 20 seconds altogether cool-down on your Supply but again that is really wont matter too much. The chances of your fitting in an extra Supply without Dead Kings Scepter still wont happen and with Dead Kings Scepter you are still almost guaranteed so that really hasn't changed. I think as NotObsidionChilled said having a flat 10% cool-down buff instead of these 2 buffs would make more sense.
    • At lvl 160 the only change is now your 0% power cost buff lasts 8 seconds and considering how hard it is to get an artifact to lvl 160 (non glitching) all this is doing is getting the buff to last the same time as the dmg buff originally lasts as i mentioned earlier. This will allow you Twice the time to spam your power and reduce the Cool-down of your Supply further and now with the rough estimates earlier now your supply will have a 30 second cool-down but with the 10% cool-down I mentioned earlier you would get this anyway. There needs to be more incentive to get this to lvl 160
    In my opinion these are what the bonus at lvl should look like:
    • Lvl 80: Stay the same 200% Supple Circle Range and 4 Second 0% power costs
    • Lvl 120: 10% cooldown on Supply Drop ( this will make the Cool-down 4:30 without Dead kings Scepter and 4:00 with it) and increased duration on the 0% power costs to the buff last as long as the Dmg Buff lasts
    • Lvl 160: Either increase the effects of the basic Supply drop so for example +10 health and Power instant restored and +10% damage buff increase (these buff amounts are just an example or Increase the duration of the Dmg buff and 0% power cost buff to 12 seconds.
    Both of these buffs i just mentioned will at least make it so that getting it to lvl 160 is worth it and anyone who has this Artifact at lvl will have a much better and noticeable Supply then anyone else without this trinket.
    Sorry for the long posts I'm not really used to writing feedback and not sure how to display it Properly :)
  10. AV Loyal Player

I just want to chime in and say that this artifact, even in concert with Dead King's Scepter, isn't attractive. The effect is quite lackluster. This needs to also enhance/extend the damage buff granted by Supply Drop to give it a chance at being appealing. Ideally, I'd like to see it boost every stat, including crit rates, for a short time before I'd even consider this artifact.
    • Like x 2
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

Can we add a crit buff % increase to this artifact during the zero power window, like the normal supply buffs damage by 50% and with this new artifact the supply will buff in addition also the healing out % and the damage crits % , i'm not sure what the % increase amount should look like maybe by 3% for each spammed power during the zero power window ? just a suggestion to make it more applying especially for battle healers who will have less resto compared to solid healer.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.