Test Discussion Episode 34: "JLD: Pub Crawl" Duo

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread for feedback on the new duo!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

According to the description, the duo has a Dominance requirement of 9007. Is that correct? I've never seen a duo with a Dominance requirement before.
  3. Millbarge Developer

• Removed Dominance Requirement from Text
    • Fixed the misspelled currency name

-Millbarge

*Disclaimer*: The above changes are not on PCTest at this time. These changes may or may not make it to PCTest on Monday, March 18th. Millbarge reserves the right to delay the above changes for a period of up to 2 weeks.
    • Like x 3
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    There are no loot lockouts for clearing the normal version of the duo.
    • Like x 1
  5. L T Devoted Player

The shazam fight seemed like an exercise in futility. My partner and I kept trying to smash the orbs at the same time and failing.
    • Like x 3
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Sounds like my runs so far. Either you get crowd controlled while trying to smash the orbs or sometimes the smashing doesn't register.

It isn't a fun fight at the moment.
    • Like x 4
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

same i'm not a fan of it, and i really wish we'd stop getting this kind of stuff. in mine my "partner" kept running up and then smashed the orb before i got there, the cooperation skills just aren't there in general for dcuo to have this kind of stuff in it's MMO. the team work skills just aren't there, it would probably work if the orbs had syncronization somehow, but they don't.
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

don't get me wrong i love the lead up to the rock of eternity and wish the whole "pub scene" aspect were more heavily utilized and extended as i absolutely adore when the in-universe part of dc "universe" online really gets to stand out, stuff like wayne manor duo and what not where we get to explore iconic in world architecture and historic/significant events and or places but the fight itself needs some kink and mistake fail safes. but that's not "entirely" the fight designs either, player error is the primary concern quite frankly. murphy's law and whatnot.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

yeah I found this too, you had to quite perfectly time it, not that it's essentially a massive problem but I see it being incredibly frustrating with people that aren't communicating.

I see the orbs being thrown around the room, smashed at the wrong time and numerous threads of frustration.

Perhaps something could be improved here.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wildcat Committed Player

[IMG]

We were trying to do it about 30 times, all the time balls get out of the hands...
    and after one successful time

the things go very crazy

[IMG]

and there are two videos from it.

or maybe we are just noobs :V

[IMG][/quote]
    • Like x 1
  11. inferno Loyal Player

It's not bugged, we were able to finish it BUT it is very frustrating. If you get too close, you get stunned and loose the ball and if you are try too far, it won't affect him. The sweet spot of hitting him is way to small. My partner was actually able to do the last pair by himself which i think was only possible since he was a speedster. I feel the timer to do it was too fast if you're not a speedster and you're duo partner is out.
    • Like x 1
  12. E Clip Dedicated Player

I soloed Shazam because my partner couldnt use a personal shield nor block his skull ... Yes it was a bit frustrating until I figured out that I dont need to come too close to him and avoid the small electricity dots on the ground. Mechanic is fine, but doing it 3 times is a bit too much imo. One or two phases should be enough.
    • Like x 1
  13. Gromm865s Active Player

I echo the others, the Orb smashing is a hit or miss, many many times we'd smash, orbs would go flying to the back of the room and as we are trying to recover them, they would disappear leaving one of us ko'd from the Shazam attack. Ended up soloing it because my partner was just another one of those "Test server freeloaders" that refused to follow mechanics and left mid fight.

The teekl cat fight was also sorta odd. Just didn't seemed finished to me. Not sure if this was correct but Teekl went down with about 15-20% health left.
    • Like x 1
  14. KoldranDCUO New Player

Yeah, when I did the duo my partner and I went too close to Shazam and got stunned, too. The area of affect when hitting the orbs seemed indeed small, so we had to figure out the optimum distance. Also (I might be wrong), it seemed that we had to hit Shazam with dark orb first and then with the light? Not sure about this, though.
    • Like x 1
  15. tired of crasshing New Player

I usually dont post on here cause most of the time they dont listen, but hubby and i did the open world and duo no challenge with the adds and we were at 258. Teekel was a lil weird but not much of a challenge, shazaam was lil fustrating with the orbs but it was doable. It seems like the game is goin more for cosmetics than gameplay imo and yes we do sub so i feel like my money is goin to waste. I didnt see any feats in the duo either so not sure about that, hope im wrong cause wat would be the point in doing it if no feats.
    • Like x 1
  16. gen1CEsyde Level 30

I had two experiences with it. First I was with LT and we had murder in there. We tried for about 20 min over multiple runs. Picked it back up and had no problem on the next one. I think there was some isolated issue on the first run with LT. After 3rd attempt shazaam moved over to the side of the room and didnt go back. You can see this in his video above. This fight will need to be tuned to allow a little more smooth of a run with people not on mic for the duo. It seems to be a but obnoxious to have the cc effect prevent you from completing the task over and over again. Reading the thread this doesn't seem isolated to this run either.
    • Like x 1
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

we could always get the functions we had for pre-level 30 stuff like the metahuman patients at the meta-wing where it pops-up a white circle on either side of shazam with arrows showing which side to take the individual orbs to.
  18. gen1CEsyde Level 30

I'm just saying, how many people actually coordinate for the duo? I like having something different in there, but unless you are running it with someone you know this is going to get frustrating by nature. The possible solution as mentioned earlier is to widen the sweet spot of the strike for the orb. Easy enough.
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have to echo what the others have mentioned.... The Shazam fight can be frustrating. My team mate and I did complete the duo but I am still not 100% sure what the "appropriate" method is for using the Positive and Negative orbs. At times it seemed like smashing both over his head at the same time was right and then other times it was pretty obvious we were doing 1 and then the other. I was never sure exactly where I should be before smashing the orb.. I'd be nose to nose with Billy boy, smash my orb.. ... ... .... ..... And then have to run back and grab the thing again. I like the suggestion recoil gave..WIDDEN the area where the orb is effective a bit or this will wind up one of those duos no one wants to be anywhere near after they complete any feats associated with it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I wondered to myself when we are able to do the smash function ourselves, why we needed a loadout change to act as separate ability for the Shazam fight. The Teekl fight seemed over a bit too quickly. As soon as one person was freed, the other was captured. Nothing really fun about the duo.

Also, on my first time running, didn't know you needed a shield for the Shazam fight. :(
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.