Test Discussion Episode 34: "JLD: Fellowship of the Arcane" 8-Player Operation

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey folks!

We're excited to present new content, including the new 8-Player Operation entitled "JLD: Fellowship of the Arcane." There are 3 versions of this content which will be available for testing on the Test server: the Event, Normal and Elite versions.

If you get a chance to test, please leave any feedback here, with as much information as you can. For example, if you're playing as a villain, in the Event mode, that background info may be relevant if you find an issue. Also note that there is more than one path through the House of Mystery, and you won't see every room on every run-through.

Thanks for helping test, and I hope you enjoy the new content!

Edit: I wanted to mention that the Elite mode final boss fight is still undergoing a little work. I just wanted to call it out!
    • Like x 1
  2. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

new bug! when we fought the poltergiest he kept healing back up even when we hit switches! this is elite version!

look at 8:30 timeline
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

it should be noted.... the group did not bother running the regular version of the raid. once disbanded, they wanted to jump into the other elite raid without running the regular version first. so, there's the chance the regular version could...possibly explain the objectives. don't know if it does yet. the group did not want to run reg.
  4. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

we ran the reg version here is the video:

so we know what to do :) in elite vers it did not work.... u joined in later thnxs
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

We ran Reg and Elite last night and the Poltergeist seemed to work for us in Reg and Elite. Not sure why they were acting up for you all geo. The final boss fight is a challenge in Elite at 259 CR + 250 SP but at 262 CR + 350+ SP I think it will be easily beatable. However, there is no reason for me to report the final boss fight as being too easy and needing adjustments at this time since it is noted in the original post that they are in the process of tweaking it. However, the first boss fight against Fate was a walk in the park. We were never in any danger of wiping against him. I need to check it back and break down what could be done to make that boss fight more of an elite challenge.
    • Like x 2
  6. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

yeh i know we could not figure why in elite that was happening . glad ya guys made past maybe it bugs out sometimes? im sure a dev will look into it and see if anything needs adjusting !
  7. Ully Committed Player

My league ran both the regular version and elite last night. Before I give my feedback, I want to point out, that our group's CR was 258, we had between 230-270ish Skill Points and all group members had all 3 artifacts at max level. We tried to match our stats on live as close we could but of course, that simply isn't practical ( our members on live are well above the 340SP).

Below, I will be describing my overall thoughts and ways I think the raid could be improved upon.

First, the reg version is extremely easy. There is no adversity or difficulty whatsoever. At some point in the raid, I thought we had queued for the event version; its just that simple. I would consider tuning it up just a tab bit, so players can actually feel engaged in the content and worry about mechanics, instead of plowing through everything which is most noticeable during the Fate fight (which I'll get into later when I review elite).

The other boss fight in regular isn't especially memorable. Its the same thing we've seen before; the usual tank and spank.

Now, regarding the elite version. This boss fight needs considerable adjustments if its to bear the title of "elite". The Fate fight in elite is extremely easy. Aside from Fate's teleportation, there is absolutely no real danger during this fight. Besides the in -game messaging that prompts players to find the Crime Bible, there is no meaningful mechanic that elevates or provides novelty to this boss fight. My group beat this boss on the first attempt and we were all shocked at how easy it was. Again, there is virtually no distinction between the normal and elite version of Fate.

Now, how to we improve this? Well, I think the room looks beautiful and I love the design. If you guys could incorporate environmental elements in the boss fight, or add room mechanics to the Fate fight, I think that could be it's saving grace. It feels like a waste to develop beautiful environments and neglect them, by not immersing players in the environment, through meaningful interactions. Perhaps, adding another boss, or fighting an ally NPC who's been mind controlled. This particular fight needs something more than what we have right now.

Concerning the Faust and Klarion fight. Again, the regular version seemed like an event version. No challenge whatsoever.
    Now, the elite version of this fight has potential. I want to point out that we did not finish elite but we got close. Gaming at 2am isn't exactly ideal and the group was too tired to continue. But I will say, there is a lot going on in this boss fight. Its a small area and it requires attentiveness and communication. Teekl hits surprisingly hard, although his health pool is much smaller than Faust and Klarion. His health pool needs a buff, because we burned him down within a minute or so and that's with our diminished stats on test server.

Faust and Klarion seemed okay, but the only real threat in the raid was from Mordru's special attacks, whom we can not attack or counter. To me, it feels weird that the hardest hitting ability is from a NPC we can't target or interact with. Of course, we get to fight him in the other raid. This is an okay example of using environmental elements against players. I think this boss fight has potential to be great but it feels like its missing something. It has a lot things going for it. Its a small area, there are multiple adds, it has environmental AOEs from Mordru, there is two bosses and Teekl.

Overall, I really like the aesthetics of the raid. I think the creative teams did a fabulous job. The revamped NPCs look amazing and before I forget, I enjoyed the little puzzles in the little rooms. Also, I think it would be beneficial, if there were more elite specific feats in this raid. Just a thought.
    • Like x 3
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I posted this is another thread as Proxy asked me to compare my thoughts on Hive Elite and Fellowship of the Arcane. I feel the feedback could be better utilized here. Hope this helps Jack.
  9. Carilee Active Player

ran reg version of this as a troll. no bugs to report. on the dr fate fight I ended up dying to the eye while searching for the reagent. after that the dps, for about 5 minutes, would not go look for the objective. I typed in chat where the yellow x was on the map so all they had to do was go get it and bring it to zatanna but they wouldn't budge until finally someone realized that no damage was being done. and even then one time the person who got the reagent went back to burning the boss before turning it into zatanna. he did that for another 5 minutes before realizing no one was doing damage and he turned it into her. faust/Klarion fight seemed rather easy
    • Like x 1
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Bug Report:

[IMG]

We warped to Rally and warped to the WT and came back in and nothing brought the teleporter entrance back up for the boss fight. We ended up having to disband the instance. This was in Elite.
    • Like x 2
  11. JackFrost Developer

I believe I've found the cause of the issue. Thanks for the video and report! I'll try to get a fix out asap, though there's a chance folks will come across this bug occasionally until the fix makes it out to the Test server.
    • Like x 1
  12. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone! I'm going to work on some difficulty tuning, particularly for Elite mode.
    • Like x 2
  13. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! I've got a fix in the works that should make the next Test server hotfix.
    • Like x 2
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

When are the most people on test? Seems people run with clicks so it is very disheartening to sit there trying to get in groups for these raids...i have not gotten to run this one or any elite..i am 270 cr on test so let a mofo know something!
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Feedback

This is my personal feedback unbiased by reading others so if I repeat something that was already mentioned just take it as reinforcement thanks :)

FoA Elite 1st Boss
    • I personally think that Subjugated Doctor Fate should take 0 damage or be immune until the Zatanna scrolls because the way it is now you still get full damage counting but it obviously has no impact until all the scrolls are found but this could lead to players not wanting to run the objective because they want to increase their damage on the scorecard, which is not an unrealistic expectation. If it was all 1s or Immune there would be more obvious incentive to run the scrolls initially.
    • The Library itself I feel that it should have either more Eyes but I could see that logistically being an issue with programming paths and such, a compromise could be to speed up the speed of the eyes in elite. At the moment there is just no danger its just run in and run out and you are done in 3 minutes, to me its just a waste of a nice mechanic to have no real emphasis of danger to the group. If the library took longer to collect the scrolls there would be more time for Fate to possibly kill the group.
    • Unless Fate does fist slam on a player there is no real danger in elite to one-shotting a player, Fate will quickly teleport but most of the time the teleport doesn't do any actual damage when Fate teleports to you.
    • With the amount shield supercharges and regen now with artifacts most of the danger is minimized in this fight as you can see from the clip none of us was even close to dying in the fight. I think that Fates teleport attack should ignore shields like Manta's bombs where the players would need to block during that phase which is over quickly enough to ensure survival. As it just turns into more mechanics just being ignored by supercharge shield spam.

FoA Elite Final Boss
    • The clip is pretty telling because I was melee the entire time on a Elite final boss and only died 1 time and that wasn't mechanic related I just didn't position myself correctly once on Faust but that death could have been avoided and I could continue to melee the entire fight,
    • It's a 2 tank fight only because of the Teekl fight and the risk of being pinned but its the easiest fight yet for the second tank because Klarion really presents no danger and just goes for 1 handed weapon combos and a channel attack. An ice tank would just be able to just sit there and do nothing and counter/shield until the fight is over cause there is no danger.
    • If Teekl is lunged it presents no danger as well and in the clip Teekl spawned it died in literally less than 1 min, the health would need to be increased greatly on Teekl to give it any risk because even if a lunge is missed etc it will be dead before it matters
    • I can't speak from a Tank POV but Faust doesn't have any splash damage that would prevent a dps from meleeing him the entire time the same can be said for Klarion as well being 1h and channel there is no danger from behind.
    • In terms of difficulty scaling it seems more like a Regular Version of the raid. The mechanics are there in this fight its just all the damage is toned down to much if their health/damage was increased by 15-20% it could turn it into a fight where you need to focus. It's a smaller domed room with little room to kite with multiple bosses
    • Like x 1
  16. Gromm865s Active Player

No kidding, as a Villain it's extremely hard to get into content on test, since the ep got put on, I've only been able to run the duo, and only once.
    • Like x 1
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

A question for the dev team - is the consideration now that content (regular and elite) should be tuned so that 160 max artifacts are necessary? On the other side of the equation, will mechanics be added to make 160 max artifacts useless? One way or the other would be worth knowing, but feedback here related to difficulty seems to be considering all artifacts maxed and in some cases likely coordinated and executed with near perfection by players (like Eye of Gemini).
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

EOG is out for three or four months now, between then and now was a sale and a double xp weekend. It is save to say that more than just some of the endgame players have maxed EoG lying around.
    The point made was that having the meta artifacts at maximum shouldn't render content too easy just right away. The EoG especially was in a weird state to begin with.
  19. JackFrost Developer

Thank you all for the additional testing and feedback. A couple of changes related to the boss fights went in late yesterday which didn't make it to the PCTest server yet, but I'm taking this additional feedback into consideration. Again, thanks!
    • Like x 1
  20. Jokers Falcon Level 30

The raids were a little better after the patch last night but there were a couple of things.

Fellowship of the Arcane:
    - Doctor Fate (first boss): We noticed that the AOE pools with obelisks did some nice DOTS on us (about 22k per sec). it made us actually need to move around and popped more than twice at the same time sometimes which kept us engaged and prevented bunching up and using Gemini buffs too much. I liked it. There were certain attacks that went straight through our supercharge shields (group transductor) but they were too weak to notice where they came from and they weren't consistent. I'd like to see more shield penetrating hits.

- Felix Faust, Teekl, Klarion (last boss fight): Nothing seemed to change here except the number of adds. Teekl's health is still way too low which causes him to melt. He's more of an add on steroids. Felix Faust doesn't even tickle the group. He teleports but doesn't do damage. Maybe get him to attack like Doctor Fate when he teleports? Whether it's two or more teleports or have him actually hurt people to make them move or block. By the time Teekl and Faust were out, it was only Klarion left. At that point, the only real threat in the fight was all the adds on the other tank, which didn't bother him as much as other episodes add waves have. Klarion was an easy burn too, no threats on the last boss for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.