Dev Discussion Episode 34: "JLD: Darkness Rising" 4-Player Operation

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not sure if hot fix notes will get posted today where they normally get posted but these went live this morning:
    • Player pets are no longer damaged by the hallway laser grid in the Black Room map.
    • Etrigan will only re-use his Sword of Damocles attack if he is under 20 percent health.
    In a future update, not sure when, these notes will show up:
    • Etrigan will no longer summon the Sword of Damocles when his Mirror Images are spawned.
    • Lowered damage for the Vampire Lord's Black Energy Burst attack for Event and Normal Mode.
    • Like x 4
  2. EP Ice Loyal Player

Thank you for lowering the damage from that attack in event mode. I felt it was strange to be one-shotted in an event.
    • Like x 1
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for bringing it up. It wasn't intended and if no one tells me, I can't adjust it.
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Also thanks for lowering it in normal mode, and also making the Damocles mechanic much clearer. It’s very easy for that little fiery sword to get lost in all the other vfx going on in that fight so I had no idea what was going on.
    • Like x 1
  5. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

For the stake well done feat. When does the 50secs start? When the boss fight starts or when you start attacking the boss
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Ask the speed hackers that have it...lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

This kind of Feat most likely starts when you engage the fight, the timer starts.
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

hey Charon,

Waning to make sure Im understanding the mechanic. My group tried to do it last night and we cleared both side rooms, got the overhead message "strange locks heard in the distance" (paraphrasing lol). Was there anything to do in the room? Because we got to the Vampire Lord fight. 6 Shadow Pools spawned. We slowed burn so we could get rid of all the pools but eventually the last 2 (one on each side of the room in the middle of the room) did not spawn a Shadow Monster. Now if I read correctly, clearing the side rooms, removes the Pools but they stayed up, no monster spawn and we were in there long enough and went with just killing him and no Feat popped for it.

I can provide video for you if you want of the room clear and/or initial Boss Fight if you need.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

You can either use the consumable to destroy the pools on the 4 original pools, then let them refill with the shadow minions after the Vampire Lord starts summoning them then use 2 more consumables on those refilled pools OR you can use the side rooms, which spawn 2 extra pools (that can spawn a shadow monster but don't have to, only 4 monster spawn and they are at random pools). You would use the consumable on all 6 pools. In the end you have to destroy 6 pools with the consumables. Letting a shadow monster spawn and it consume a pool will not count as a destroyed pool. Hopefully that's helpful, if i understood your question correctly!

Correct.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

We each had 2 of the consumables for the pools. We cleared all the extra rooms to spawn the 6 pools! We started the fight and did no burn. If you burn, he will jump to pool and heal and spawn monsters. All four of us to include the tank took out a pool..then heals were thrown and the tank tanked, we waited the 60 secs and then the other two were taken out with consumables; afterwards we proceeded to burn his **** up! Bam, feat popped!
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Thanks. So the Consumables then are needed but they come from RNG which even since launch, my buddy just got One Consumable to destroy it. Feedback for that part, I like the feat but making it where its mandatory (which i get is an optional path) that you need the consumables for the last 2 blocked behind RNG doesnt feel worth it. Ive yet to get the Consumable and each time Im begging for it and even the Pyre so i can knock out the 50 sec feat. Drop rate may need to be looked at or equally placed since its locked behind RNG for this feat. Just my 2 cents. Thank you for the insight on this!
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Noted. It is a Hard Feat that gives you 50 points. It's not meant to be easy and the aspect of having to collect consumables to achieve that Feat value was calculated when it was created.

This goes for both Feats that are marked as Hard with 50 point value.

These Feats were intended for long haul over time play but you can get them faster if you churn through content to get food and get more consumables.
    • Like x 4
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Funny thing is the Olny Hard part about that Feat was the fact you Cant use the Illuminating Touch on the Same Portal twice.
    Also Since getting that feat I have been getting those far more often than b4 the feat.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Still no “stake well done” videos...im actually shocked at this!
  15. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Charon,

Does pious aura only affect the person using or the whole group? I see that it removes werewolf from from self, but asking for clarification on the other effects. This may be key to getting stake well done feat...it does last for 90 secs...hmmmm?
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I seen 1 but they exploited.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Yeah, i figured thats why no “known” videos
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

It's a personal buff only. It protects you from getting infected with Lycanthropy and if you're in Event mode and get Lycanthropy, you can use the consumable to purge it. You cannot do that in Normal mode. It lasts for 90 seconds.

The Righteous Pyre consumable will purge Lycanthropy if someone inflicted with the curse gets hit by those flames. They also take damage from it though, so.
    • Like x 1
  19. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Are there any plans to make these alert specific consumables tradable at the very least making it slightly easier to obtain more rather than being limited to random lantern drops
    • Like x 2
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

If Anything These SHOULD be Tradeable Amongst Account Bound Toons
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.