Test Discussion Episode 34: Grimorium Verum - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

This page is for testing the Grimorium Verum artifact. Please post any feedback here.

Thank you!

-UPDATE 3/19-

Coming soon(ish), the following changes are being made for this artifact:
    • Change Electricity PI to Polarized
    • Changed Gadgets PI to Dazed

-KNOWN ISSUES-
    • Pet gets stuck in combat and won't despawn or follow player.
    • Pet switches target from player's primary focus after using an AoE ability
    • Pet is triggering Eye of Gemini
  2. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

Scripting is bugged. The pet doesn't switch targets properly or follow you and doesn't spawn on certain might based damage. So say:
    - Hit 3 targets in the league hall with Savage Growth from nature 5+ times (I'm in dps stance so it is doing damage), he doesn't spawn
    - Hit 3 targets in the league hall with Serpent Call and he instantly spawns
    - Hit 3 targets in the league hall and summon him, fly straight to the 8 targets, he stays on the 3 target standing there and not even attacking. Go back to the 3 targets and attack once, he disappears, attack again, he comes back.
    - ^ This last problem happened when I switch from both single targets in the league hall as well, with him having an occasional like almost 10s delay on switching targets.
    • Like x 1
  3. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

P.S. :
    - Light Claws and Snaptrap do not summon him on the first cast even when they do damage, but the second cast summons him. While Handclap summons him on the first cast.
    - Spawns on Relentless Anger, but not Outrage or Lacerate or Plasma Wretch - Obsidian
    • Like x 1
  4. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Unsure if "Void Poison" is bugged or working as intended. It seems spreadable via Harvest, but Roar doesn't strip it even though your get the extra PI burst damage as if it removed 1 stack of poison.
  5. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

QoL Request: I know some Quantum dps's use Destabilized. If you could make the pet give both pi's for Quantum, there is a section of the community that would probably be grateful.
    EDIT: Electricity as well.
  6. Batuba Developer

Hey all, just to clarify a bit...

1) Pet will only apply 1 type of PI always, even if your powerset has multiple PIs (example: Gadgets), and its always the one listed on the artifact description.

2) As first attack is made from out of combat generally, it is not considered an attack in combat to spawn the pet. The pet should spawn on your first attack once in combat.

3) As for the pet standing there not attacking, I will try to reproduce this on my end and log it as a bug.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

For Open World and duo content, I found the spawning time to be an issue. By the time the pet actually appeared after initiating combat, the enemies would usually be close to dead. The pet would get in a couple of hits and disappear because I had exited combat. Maybe it is only meant to be useful in more difficult content?
    • Like x 1
  8. Batuba Developer

This will help for sure people that have a rougher time in downing enemies, however I imagine less so for those that can down enemies extremely fast. This will start to shine much more for instanced content or world boss mobs.
    • Like x 1
  9. Gmoney Active Player

Dev’s come on, where is the 4th artifact slot? Your members are asking..
  10. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Batuba,

Another possible bug I noticed was the UI pet bug that we normally get on live when the pet dies a couple of times. Or in this case the pet goes away after the fight or when out of combat. The UI will show as if the pet is out though it is not. You can bring up a window to clear it but the UI never corrects. For Sorcery and Earth pets this is just a UI glitch which is not such a big deal though it can be annoying to not see the pets status.

But for this Artifacts Pet it is not just a visual glitch. The pet is actually gone and will not come back at all. Unlike the pet powers which can be re-summoned the artifact pet can only be summoned when in combat but for some reason after this UI glitch when he goes away he will not summon out while in combat again at all.

The only way I was able to correct this like the UI glitch on live is to zone. This can be a problem for most while in content going from fight to fight. If the glitch occurs they will be without the pet for the rest of the mission if they can not zone to fix it. Warping rally didn't seem to work, only zoning some where else did. This can be a real inconvenience and problematic when losing the effect from an artifact.

Hopefully this can be looked into and fixed if possible. Thank you for your time and dedication.

Sincerely: Brav
    • Like x 1
  11. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Some are, and some, like me, don’t want another slot. The artifacts can create balance issues. I would have rather they stayed with 2 slots. Then the fun becames equipping the right one for the right situation.

Now, back to the topic, I would find this artifact to be helpful in non-DPS roles if there was a buff for stats like resto or vit when in other roles. I wouldn’t use it in a raid, but in an alert, it could be a fun new option. I love my pets, so I love the idea of having it equipped in both roles.
  12. Batuba Developer

I will look into the bug of the pet not despawning properly. For now, if you unequip the artifact and re-equip it, it should solve the issue.

Please keep this thread on topic about this artifact and not about additional artifact slots.
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Aw you made it specially for me ;)
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Demonstration Video:

Bugs:
    1. It takes two hits to activate the pet.
    2. I keep seeing weird things happen with power interaction application. At 29 seconds, why isn't the center target electrified? My expectation is that all of the dummies should be Electrified. I saw the same behavior several times when I attempted this test.
  15. Batuba Developer

1. I noted above that first attack won't summon him as its done while out of combat... so working as intended currently (unfortunately it is a limitation on how entering combat works in our game. Other wise, if pet would be summoned on attack, people could just swing in air attacking nothing which would spawn pet.

2. This could just be a visual bug as you walked away and FX might display upto certain distance. When you walked back, its possible that FX was drowned out by something else (I'll have to take a look). But PI is applied at same time and same way to every NPC affected for the same duration, so if you don't see it one one target, its most likely just a visual thing and the PI is still on target. Take a look at second 27 in your video and you will notice a few frames where there is no visual effect on any of the targets.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks Batuba. Aside from parsing damage numbers, the visual FX is the only means we have to determine whether a power interaction has been applied. There are no power interaction indicators on the GUI. So trying to figure out if the pet is working correctly can be tricky. I'll have to do some number crunching when PCTest is back onilne.
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    To follow up on my previous bug report about power interactions on this Artifact being strange. Here is a demonstration with Fear Gas:

I run out of range to get out of combat and the center dummy didn't have the Electrify VFX. I then cast Fear Gas. Fear Gas inflicts the Burning power interaction if Electrify has been setup. Burning is inflicted on the left and right dummies. Burning is not applied to the center dummy. You can also tell by the damage ticks. Fear Gas inflicts incredibly steady damage ticks. The left and right sparring targets receive enhanced power interaction damage while the center does not.

So, something weird is going on with power interactions. I mostly see this bug happen to the enemy I'm actively targeting.
  18. Brav Well-Known Player

The pet de-spawns. Its the UI that remains. Once that happens he will not re-spawn. Re-equip, armory refresh or rally doesn't resolve the issue. Only zoning or logging seems to correct it at the moment. The same UI glitch that currently happens on live but only visually for the pet status bar.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Anyone else think that the electric PI should be polarize instead of electrify? The way that arc splits means that it would be a staple in almost every loadout. If the pet applied polarize instead it would open up so many loadout possibilities.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Polarized and Destabilized seem to be the weaker powers as well. I would actually recommend the pets using those PIs because no DPS seem to use those PIs (Quantum controllers use Destabilized due to the SC generator).
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.