Dev Discussion Episode 34: "Chaos Gotham" Open World

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to Episode 34's Open World zone: Chaos Gotham. Please post information here about bugs, issues, and problems that you encounter.

Fixed:
    • I apologize for the content of the Tragedy in Chaos feat. Steps have been taken to tone down the theme and subject matter of this feat. These changes will not effect your ability to complete the feat and will not require you to redo any part of the feat that you have already completed.
    • Interactions for Tragedy in Chaos feat locations no longer become unavailable sometimes for heroes or villains.
    • NPCs no longer spawn under the map on the water-side street that runs north/south just north of the university.
    • Chaos in Gotham City mission now says to travel to Chaos Gotham via the Hall of Doom/Watchtower or the Warp Menu.
    Known Issues:
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Maybe you could clue me in on how i find these locations?
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is there any chance that for the collecting weekly (the one with the cannon at the end) that there could be white markers on the map for where the orbs are? Took me a while to figure out what I was meant to do for this weekly.
  4. Sir Freeze Active Player

For that feat try to find some things that tells u the tragedies, for example, a burning building, an ambulance, a crash train, a crash helicopter, 2 people on the ground
  5. Sir Freeze Active Player

It seems one of the tragedies idk where it is the deviant killer, a hint where we can find it?
  6. Ray Ell Active Player

The building with the levitz cameras billboard on it on the opposite side of the building there's four havac units and then four shipping containers to the left of where you would go into the mysterious sewer for the crime bible story line. It's in the shipping container wit the doors open
  7. Sir Freeze Active Player

Yesterday i look that place and that wasnt there, now today it is
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Folks, we're generally not the strategy guide. The game is for you all to play and figure out.
    • Like x 2
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

This. Open. World. Is. Great.

I love the nostalgia of the area. Some pessimists will claim “reuses assets” but I personally love it. I love the vibe from the questgivers and I’m in love with the red sky. Truly epic and changes the entire mood.

I love the re-models (don’t even get me started on that) but I also love seeing pretty much ALL of the past magic iconics and NPCs returning. The new models of the new daemons are especially Lovecraft-ian and creepy. The quests are quick and fun and the enemies are numerous enough where entering an area takes guile and strategy. Not as spread out and sparse as past open world scenarios.

VENDORS: omg. Omg. OMG. Thank you for splitting up the vendors. I remember hearing a long time ago that vendors were few because of some limitations, maybe memory ? I know nothing about computers. All I know is to have 3 diff vendors (4 with repair), someonody worked hard on that and it shouldn’t go unnoticed.

Bounty is a pain, but I like ones you gotta gear up for. Hmm that’s all I can think of. Epic work, no bugs yet.
    • Like x 5
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree!
    Loving Everything about it.
    Everything Tahi said.
    • Like x 2
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I love the new concept for the cape. The new way of earning it.
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Tahi ... absolute new one after 28 years and I’ll take it ! lol
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This is feedback for general open world areas as a whole but it particularly brought to my attention in this one.

Be careful when developing an open world over the brightness of certain colours. In this open world some of the orange colours (on the lampposts, flames, and the moon in the sky, even the motes) are very bright and as a superspeed toon running around collecting motes (or searching for tragedies for the tragedy feat) can be *very* straining on the eyes. I haven't had this issue probably since WOTL1 but when an episode requires you to run around and gather things when things are bright on your screen it makes it difficult to play certain content in this open world due to the real life health effects on the player. Do note that I don't have this issue when running other content in the episode (including Shattered Gotham raid, though not staying in there too long and no movement mode does aid this somewhat, and there is less of the vivid oranges here).

Please bare this in mind going forward with future open worlds over the brightness/vividness of certain colours and the potential health impact on players, again taking movement mode into the equation where appropriate. Also having node/mote type missions where several players are competing for the credit and how long that would take when considering these other factors is also important.

Otherwise a nice open world with interesting solo missions and both bounties that have some mechanics to them. Probably one of the more fun open worlds for missions that we've had.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.