Episode 33: Royal Palace (Solo)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Kestral, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Kestral Committed Player

Minor issue: If you die to the crown of thorns you always respawn facing the crown of thorns not the correct direction you need to quickly be traveling in to get away from it. Amongst my group we've yet to find a person who does not immediately fly into that wall again not realizing they are facing the wrong direction.

For the second glitch note that i was at the last doorway before the boss when I died by the thorns.

Major issue: if you use fast movement mode after your death and start quickly swimming to the end of the map you will die on the thorns every time at the first door. To be clear your character is facing in the correct direction and immediately uses boost to leave the wall of thorns behind you and as soon as you pass though the first doorway that was originally guarded and locked you die and the thorns jump on the mini map to appear right in front of your face. I tested this 4 times in this run before realising the boosted movement was the problem. Did not activate it the next time and just slowly swam down the map without the glitch occuring again at the doorway.

After that first door you are allowed to used boosted movement with no issues.

Also Devs despite my many deaths I do appreciate you speeding up the thorn chase from test this was definitely a challenge, and was super enjoyable.
  2. MiLady Well-Known Player

I agree with you on the first point. When you respawn after being KO'd by the Thorn wall, your toon is facing the Thorn wall and not the hallway. I have died several times accidentally by hitting my super speed smack right into the Thorn wall instead of the hallway. Please change the toon's starting direction when respawning.

Also, when I was KO'd by the Thorn wall when trying to open the last door, I respawned at the beginning and made my way back to the last door. Part of the Thorn Wall is still drawn there. I was able to walk into the room, but the graphic glitch should be cleaned up. I'll try to get a screen shot of this.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The wall doesn't start chasing you until you pass the first guard post (you have time to repair your gear)