Dev Discussion Episode 33: Rewards and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report bugs and feedback related to rewards.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    On PCTest, the Eye of Gemini had the following update note:
    "Increased uptime of Gemini's Vision to 4 seconds at rank 80 (up from 3 seconds)"

On Live, the description says it is 3 seconds (3/3/6).

Is it bugged?
    • Like x 1
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It seemed like the last updates on test were just thrown on there and didn’t see much discussion. Now that it’s live I’d really like to say that taking away Supercharge regeneration from Pollux’s Gaze makes this Artifact very unappealing. It completely ruins the synergy with Scrap of the Soul Cloak that was talked about in the Livestream.

The Power regeneration is so negligible and unnecessary, if you need to pick one or the other please go back to SC.

I understand you need to make things balanced, but you also need to make these Artifacts appealing and powerful once they reach 160. This goes for all past ones too.

The other 3 Artifacts seem good so far.
  4. Heywiar Committed Player

I noticed in the stream that players could get the Drift Soldier head, shoulders, and jetpack. However, I completed the collection and only got the helmet. Are we still able to get the shoulders and back, or is it just in a different collection?
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I thought it was pretty cool, giving out the 4 part Crown of Thorns style over different Briefings and Investigations. It reminded me of the build-a-figure action figure giveaways.

I'm not a fan of the Crown of Thorns style being a simple reskin of Forest Spirit. Forest Spirit isn't really difficult to get.

There aren't enough differences between the Forest Spirit and Crown of Thorns style to justify the reward, too, in my opinion. Maybe if you could fully tint the bark to be whatever colour you want, or if you didn't render the player's head (like the Headless style from the Halloween Event) it would have been more unique and desirable.

I think a better option, in my opinion, would have been to have made for us Ocean Master's helmet, chest, legs, and cape over the same 4 briefings.

I do like the Drift Guard set, though. I also like the HIVE Master set in E32, too. These mini-sets are a nice touch.

The base items are pretty cool. But seriously, where is the Coral? There was nothing in Deluge, so I assumed maybe we'd get some in the Summer event. There was nothing in the Summer event, so I assumed Atlantis. But there's still no coral available.

I think there's quite a few people out there who want the coral available as base items. I'm sure the new assets created, such as the seaweed, would be desired, too. Maybe they could be added at a later date? or perhaps in a massive pack sold on the Marketplace?

================================================

You probably know this by now, but the shoulders can be obtained from "The Lost Crystals of Power" Briefing:

The back doesn't appear to be available at all, currently. Unless it's a rare style drop or something.
    • Like x 3
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

This was my biggest complain in the base item department. First of all, I'd like to say that all of the base items that we got etc. are wonderful. Thank you. Personal faves include the Atlantean Bookshelves, Cancer/Crab Stuff, Dead King's Scepter. However it is a bit disappointing that after Deluge, we still did not get Corals. They chose to do so many variations of the Atlantean terminals which to me is a bit redundant since many of them look too similar with each other and don't get me started on that crystal base item that comes in 4 variations of being broken.

They made such a beautiful world so I'm not sure why they didn't take a lot of the base items from the world itself with all the sea floras from an assortment of corals to the sea weeds, the statues of sharks, eels and those greco-roman variants from the world. I feel like there were so many missed opportunity with what base items we could have gotten. I also missed getting Archs and Columns like back in Amazon Fury content.

The Crown of Thorns style was a big disappointment, I already expressed this during the livestream. The small glow effect does not justify it at all. We deserved styles inspired after characters like Orm which btw kinda sad that we have not yet gotten a piece of style from him and he debut years ago! His new helmet would have been perfect. Murk's Shoulder/Hook are two styles that would have been amazing to have as well.

The Briefings/Investigations back in the day rewarded us with amazing styles from Iconics and I always looked forward to them. It's sad when they miss the perfect opportunities to incorporate something. We probably won't get any Aquaman content for while so there goes another wait...
    • Like x 2
  7. myandria Item Storage

Some of the Atlantis base items are huge, enormous (the cancer floor lamps are a good example) and are, quite frankly, too big to put in a regular sized room of a personal base in my opinion. It would have been nice if they were labeled like the Olympian God Statues are. Making the base icon large and stating that the item is large is not good enough; just because you make the icon large or label it *large* doesn't mean the item is going to fit well in your personal base.

Please consider marking such base items *League Hall* or *Oversized* or something like that so players can truly decide where and when to use them.

A far future suggestion: Allow players to preview the size of the base item (while in their base) in their inventory by right-clicking/hold controller button. The preview could be an outline of the item or a greyed-out version of the item.
  8. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

Hello everyone I'm not happy with the artifact Orb of Arion the healer Artifact
    1ºThe Pet heals are very slow
    2ºThe heals are just 3700 4 times and like i said very slow
    3ºAnd it's not worth the amount of
    power bar that we spend for the heals we get and like i said allready (to slow)
    The Healer needs power, no power, no heals if the pet helped, it was good but the fact is that the pet does not help at all like for example in a raid where we need to be constantly using priority healing, we see ourselves without power because the pet does not help in any way, the only help he give us is spend our power bar
    i dont know wath people think about the Artifact but thats my opinion
    i think the DEVs should work on this artifact a bit more, or put more heals or not that much power spend
    for me,"if they want to help the healers" they put the Artifact the some way like it is BUT the
    priority healing spend the normal power coust like without the Artifact.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Actually I really like this artifact. What other artifacts are you using with it? I'm using the Omegahedron and Demon Fang to assist with power, I'm also careful not to spam my prioriry heal.
    • Like x 2
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I love this artifact. My only thing is, I wish they would add a cooldown to the priority heal when the artifact is equipped and the priority heal is activated.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

The priority heals are basically as fast as yours. And as the artifact states, it only heals "as good as you" when you get the artifact to 160. Up until then, the priority heals are of 50% strength of a normal one.

As for power consumption - you need to adept your healer playstyle to the pet or you should not use the artifact. You can't see your own priority heal as "the spam heal" anymore. The pet is no "drop and forget"-pet in the long run since you have to counter it's negative sides (increased power cost).
    • Like x 1
  12. QuantumFlange Active Player

My biggest problem is that the summoned pet seems to prioritise healing NPCs and pet allies instead of other players. Great for scoreboard chasers to maximise healing our stats but not very practical in terms of keeping the group alive...
    • Like x 1
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Seems unintended...
    • Like x 1
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'm loving it, and have found it to be a great compliment to Celestial healing. I can definitely see how certain powers would find it more or less useful. Overall, I like it, and I think it's a good skill tester for learning not to spam abilities.
  15. Batuba Developer

This should no longer be the case with the next hotfix that goes live. The priority heal from pet should only hit other players.
    • Like x 1
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Dang I kind of liked it hitting Brick.
  17. Soul Dedicated Player

Hi there Batuba,

Obsidian couldn't post this but he didn't want to wait to bring it to your attention. Currently on Live server the Eye of the Gemini artifact's DPS effect Pollux Gaze is not procing when used on Mental's Invisibility nor Gadgets Stealth. It does not register the artifact ability despite any level of supercharge being used on the Invisibility or Stealth loadouts. All PFTT Mental and Gadget dps will always use their supercharges on their stealth abilities.

See the video proof below. Thank you

18. Batuba Developer

Hello Soul!

I've already placed in a fix for this :) Should be going out in the next hot-fix if it hasn't gone out yet.
  19. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

so everybody likes the Artifact like it is right?
    i just wanna see you guys heal with this artifact a elite or wathever with it
    buts okay a big thumbsup for eveyone
    just wanna ask one think:
    what is the help that the pets gives us if consums near alf a bar and just heal four times with 3700 heal dots
    i realy dont understand you guys buts okay
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Way to be passive aggressive fella :-D

What it does, is giving you additional heals that always function as emergency heals. As long as the artifact is not 160 it only heals at 50% strength. At 160 you basically have six 100% priority heals that are spammend all the time for the cost of three at once. You get the idea. If you are able to maintain it because you spec right and use a rotation that works with it, you have a priority heal going on every 1,5 seconds without much work.
    Yes, it requires you to change the way you heal. If you don't want that, don't do it. I've ran with around five or six different healers in Elite, using Rank120 and it was easy going.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.