Test Discussion Episode 33: Crown of Thorns (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Are you referring to King Shark's lunge attack? Have you tried lunging it?

I have the exact same thoughts on the Murk fight.
  2. Ully Committed Player

Its King Shark's "Bite attack" lmao I don't recall the name but its the attack where he charges a group member and mauls them to death. To my knowledge, there's no way to counter that specific attack. In my runs, I've seen the "bite attack" tear through shields and blocking does nothing. I've seen healers spam heal and its a 1 shot every time.
    • Like x 1
  3. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

When skull appears above his head be ready to move. The mechanic is setup so that he will target a player (more specifically the spot where the player is located) once the skull is above his head then he will charge the spot where the player is or was standing. It’s easy to avoid if you move soon as you see the skull.
    • Like x 2
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Lunging his bite attack seems to work. You can see an example at about 10 seconds here:
    • Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yea the chomp, all you have to do is lunge it. You can't give King Shark an immunity as that's when he usually will trigger that attack. King Shark is like Ultraman he throws alot of fake counters to get immunity from the tank or another player biting on them and then you are unable to avoid his chomp as the only way is to lunge it to stop.

tank POV
    • Like x 1
  6. Ully Committed Player

Good deal, thanks !
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It is possible for King Shark to start attacking the group during the matinee scene. Here is a demonstration:
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    For the "Four in a Row" feat, is that a solo or group feat? Also, do you have to do in a single Golem construction attempt?

I had four consecutive failed digging attempts today over two Golem attempts without the feat popping.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If the group wipes on Murk, Murk will be standing in the room among the 3 mini-boss NPCs and not in the hallway on the next fight attempt.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    1. If the group wipes on Murk, it would be helpful to have a rally point outside the boss room.

2. The more I play the Coral puzzle rooms, the more I think having the Controller trying to CC the mobs seems like a lost cause. The natural inclination for the tank is going to be to try keep pulling the NPCs away from the Golem. Aggressive pulling will trigger a breakout which means the Controller won't be able to do anything.

3. The current iteration of the Murk fight just doesn't feel like a proper fight for the last boss of a raid. The biggest danger in the last room is just trying to manage the constant stream of large number of adds. It feels like Murk only poses a danger when he decides to wonder away from the tank. Trying to keep track of him in the scrum can be difficult at times with a lot of visual FX going off.
  11. Millbarge Developer

• Four in a Row is a Group Feat - everyone in the instance will get credit for it if four pieces of driftwood are dug up in a row.
    • Consolation Prize - I'm updating the description to be more clear: "During the Atlantis: Crown of Thorns (Normal or Elite) Raid, fail the "Four in a Row" feat while constructing a Thorn Golem 25 times."
    • Like x 1
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This is for the Elite King Shark fight

1. I think it maybe possible to bait King Shark into eating your pets. Here is an example with the Spectral Acolyte:

2. I'm worried that it maybe possible to box in King Shark on the northern side of the room. There is a small alcove on that side. Our tank kept trying to pull King Shark there.

3. It seems like it is possible to avoid the whirlwind vortex hazards entirely if the team stays at ceiling level. That was just a quick observation and would require further testing. If King Shark does his whirlwind attack in the air, the vortexes spawn on the ground.

4. Rallying anyone after a Shark Bite charge is very difficult. If you interrupt the bite animation, King Shark will just often go into his whirlwind attack. That alone makes it exceptionally difficult to rally someone even with a Controller group shield. The vortexes and whirlwind attack does enough damage to quickly eliminate the group shield. Waiting out King Shark isn't always an option, sometimes he'll linger on top the player longer than what the rally timer is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.