Test Discussion Episode 33: Crown of Thorns (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Episode 33: Atlantis: Crown of Thorns Raid. Feel free to post any feedback or issues you come across.

Listed below are some known issues to keep in mind when running the Crown of Thorns Raid:
    • Murk and his minions are still attempting to create a battle plan to defeat those that confront them. His complete battle plan will be approved soon™.
    • Feats and Collections for the Crown of Thorns Raid are not yet implemented.
    I will check this thread periodically and update this post with any changes.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Couldn't progress past this door, we warped rally etc but NPC's wouldn't move
  3. Millbarge Developer

Was this the first time in that room? Did you wipe and restart the room?
    Did the iconic ridealongs follow the players around? or did they refuse to move?
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

First time in the room, we never wiped just progressed through the hallway after the 2nd boss there and as soon as we got in that room the npc's stopped halfway and didn't continue with us.

It seemed like they follow'd the players around but I had each player move closer to the door but the npc's didn't follow close enough or proc anything to start.
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

Hey Millbarge, once we got through the crown tunnel and entered one of the last rooms near the final room it wouldn't progress. Looked like at thorn door was blocking us the NPCs wouldn't do anything.
  6. Millbarge Developer

I found the issue and submitted a fix...along with a few fail-safe measures. We'll get this change to PCTest soon™.
    In the meantime - try to get Mera into the room as fast as possible - meaning, the player that she's following, have them go in first or second...that should do the trick. Basically, once someone enters one of the Crown Golem rooms, Mera has 15 seconds to place the crystal...or else.

-Millbarge
  7. Luke© Well-Known Player

Same problem.
    Also 1st boss is pushing you away, even if there is nothing around (no whirls, etc.)
    Just annoying
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I saw this while queuing into the raid from Atlantis:

I didn't see any Civilians in the instance that needed saving.
  9. Ully Committed Player

Unfortunately, the group I played with was unable to complete the raid because of the aforementioned "hallway bug", however, I have few comments regarding the 1st boss fight. I think the tidal wave cc is too dramatic and I think it needs to be toned down. Granted this was regular version of the raid, but the combination of the tidal wave cc + the little whirlpools and King Shark's one shot, makes the experience too convoluted. You can't effectively dodge King Shark's one shot when you're pinned down by the tidal wave, whilst trying to avoid the whirlpools. As far as the difficulty is concerned, its okay, but I'd recommend toning down the tidal wave to make the experience more enjoyable and less frustrating.

Aesthetically, the environment looks beautiful, although I wish the passage ways, was a little wider to accommodate players comfortably. The art team did a fantastic job.
  10. Luke© Well-Known Player

After todays Hotfix we were able to get to last boss.
    Bugs
    - In video sequence (of last boss) murk is walking through the door.
    - After a group wipe, murk still stands with his group, instead of behind the door. Once he´s attackable, door will open without reason.

Opinion of the raid
    I like the grafic and swimming in the raid. The "push" back at 1st boss and in the "golem" part are getting annoying very fast. (With first time running). Another bad point is, that we have to repeat the "golem" part 3 times.
    The last boss seems really confusing. When you´re first time in there, it´s hard to see who the boss even is. When you´re staying in all these adds you wont even see the boss anymore.
    All in one this raid didnt really catch me. (It's more boring/annoying with these push-back's as its only tactic's)
    The Throne was like the total opposite of this raid.
  11. PunkGeekFuse New Player

There are a lot of adds that spawn in the last boss room, once Murk joins the fight, the tank can be easily overwhelmed. We ran it multiple different times with different variations until we finally were able to complete it. Maybe reduce adds, or make it a mechanic when taking down one of the three other mini-bosses in the room the adds spawn less. It would give players a motive for killing those 3.
  12. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

the elite raid for this is very hard the adds do insane damage, the stuns using chroma emmiteers stop working on a few adds and they become immune to any stuns you throw out there, and start hitting you for for insane damage... even with 16k dom i was unable to stun the add with the staff weapon it had no affect even my jackhamer did nothing to stun or knock it down.. this needs to be looked at since elite adds can one shot tanks so easy.

these adds that cannot be stunned after a few crow controls there are around 4 of them each time in a group of adds
    • Like x 1
  13. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

not bad for a raid just the last boss adds are bit too much as you can see my hp going up and down like a yoyo... surprised i did not die .. was able to get through it with awesome healers!!.. from the video you can see the damage is preety high and to many adds that i tried to stun and did not get stunned ?
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Some feedback on the King Shark fight:

1. The NPCs have a bad habit of cornering and preventing King Shark from returning to the tank sometimes. Here is an example:

2. King Shark can be a real jerk on rallying people. If he does his skull chomp attack on someone and KOs them, sometimes he'll just keep lingering on top of that player for a long period. His AoE attacks will do significant damage to anyone trying to rally the person. Even if you shield up, you'll still get pushed back and the rally attempt prevented by King Shark's whirlwind attack.

3. Can Mera's water spout attack be disabled in this fight? It is bad enough trying to locate King Shark's water vortex attacks amid a bunch of Water player vortex attacks.

4. Does Elite King Shark's Turbulent Roar attack have a tell? Sometimes it feels like I was getting OHKed by it without any appreciable tell.

5. It would be nice if there was a message announcing when adds are about to show. They appear in the middle of the North and South portions of the room at certain intervals. I don't know if they are based on King Shark's health or they are timer-based. There isn't much of a safe place to stand in that room as is with King Shark charging group members and his water vortex attacks. I saw a few people die unsuspectingly because the adds appeared right behind them.

6. I'd almost prefer it if everyone was grounded in this room. Depending on your zoom setting, King Shark can swim up to the top of the room and you won't see his attacks.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The first time you fight Murk, he walks through a door and just has part of his arm sticking out for part of the fight. You can see it in this example video at 41 seconds:
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestions
    1. Scale Murk up so he is a bit bigger in the final fight. It is easy to lose track of him in the scrum and with a lot of powerset visual FX going off.

2. There needs to be some messaging about when Murk decides to enter the fight. It is rather easy for a random group member to die because the tank didn't notice Murk becoming active.

3. Murk's three assistants don't seem particularly threatening. I'm hoping they will have some interesting mechanics as part of the updated "battle plan."

4. For the first Coral room puzzle, give us a bullet about coral doing damage. I know there is a voice-over, but players may not hear it. You don't even get the voice-over until the first "current" happens and it is possible to take huge coral damage while digging before that.
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Not sure if its intended or not but since the NPC's don't get pushed back from the current you can simply just stand in-front of King Shark and Mera and not be pushed back at all during the rooms after the 1st boss encounter.
  18. Eve YouTuber

Ran the regular raid and me and my team mates got that feat which is intended for elite.
    [IMG]
  19. Millbarge Developer

I'm submitting a fix for this now

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  20. Ully Committed Player

Hi, I have question regarding King Shark's one shot ability. His one shot attack can't be countered, it eats through shields and blocking does not mitigate any damage. Is there a DLC specific augment in the works that grants some damage absorption from this attack?

Also, what's the deal behind Murk's attacks. In the regular version, his movements are erratic and he constantly leaves the tank and randomly attacks group members. I have not tested elite but if its the same thing, than that could be a serious issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.