Dev Discussion Episode 33: "Atlantis: The Throne" 8-Player Operation

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Will this also address the issue with Morgwar detaunting?
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

Your dps is exploiting. You probably didn't know. It's a new exploit going around and your dps is using it
  3. JackFrost Developer

The fix related to the Sea Beast's red tell FX (and sometimes the character) not showing consistently should be going sometime this week.

Previous changes went in to address feedback about Morgrwar in late November. He no longer clears hate when he heads for a water pool (so whoever is at the top of his hate list will still be his most hated foe). But he'll stop attacking anyone and head for a water pool if he's not attacked for a while. What behavior are you seeing currently?

Thanks!
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What I find weird is they were able to do finish the fight actually 3 man, with no troll, and yet somehow the healer and tank had more than enough power. Hmm. I guess trolls aren't needed anymore in elite?

There are also a number of strange parts cut out of the video, and yet the video is also sped up.
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What happens at 10:52? How was your healer able to heal back from almost 0 health, and yet the power bar doesn't dip at all?

Also, why the cut out portion at 7:52?

And finally, what gear are you using and what artifacts, and what level? It's kind of hard to take a "buff this" post seriously without any information to back it up.
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

10:52 could have easily been a soder clipped with a heal. Nothing I would be suspicious about.

The "buff this" post really has nothing to do with the artifacts. First argument was that the green goo area on the ground is hardly damaging. It wouldn't really be more damaging with no artifacts equipped imo. Same goes for Morgwar. The idea behind the suggestion is that the mechanics are really basic stuff but are easily avoided "by range". That's a bit cheesy even for me. I didn't really liked the save zones in USe and MachineE where you could simply just avoid the bombardments.

Generally speaking though we could have to wait for TheLQ-DCUO to chime in. Don't know about the 7:52 part...
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Trolls are really only needed for their shields and debuffs with the addition of the prec buff ^^ Power is needed but with less people, there is less damage going on and such less heals needed. DPS and Tanks rarely need much power unless they go full damage potential rotation. And even then it is hard.
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello! Sorry for the late reply, been poorly of late :(

The video would have been well over an hour, just the last boss attempt alone would have been 35 minutes or so. But I do have the footage still on my PS4 so I could always upload the slow versions for this and going forward if I do more 4/5 man etc. vids later and in future episodes.

We were in there someway over 2 hours. 3 attempts on Sea Beast, and then 2 attempts on Corum Rath. The last boss took something like 35 minutes or so per attempt - so you have to have patience! And thanks :D I almost keep forgetting I got that feat in this run, its kinda easier as the group really has to avoid Sea Beast's charge every time for success - you really need all 4 for the last artefact bit at the end before Corum Rath is vulnerable again. We (I) would have got Sea Beast Mode as well but Sea Beast tried to eat me just at the last minute of the Sea Beast attempt. I was predominantly troll apart from the last third or so of the Sea Beast fight where I went DPS. The heals power management was incredible, it has to be said :) I think this raid could easily be 3 manned with a DPS, good battle heal and very strong tank - but again would take patience - and the group shields would need to be on point for that last artefact with all players standing.

I don't know if there's some kind of one shot for standing near the Sagittarius artefact at the wrong time, it happened to me twice in that run (one of the times not in the video).

The Sea Beast has been better with the time between arrows and charges recently but even still it can be unpredictable at times.
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

You're reading into this far too much. I can explain the edits:

Some of the edits were so the chat could be covered up at certain points. There was not really any other reason in those situations.

If you mean the edit after I went DPS in the Sea Beast fight, I was trying to change some of my load out quickly at the time (i.e. so I had Time Bubble and Temporal Vortex) but forgot I couldn't while in combat. I just figured that didn't need to be in the video. It was unexpected for me to go DPS at that point so I had to make decisions on the spot as we were so far into the fight. As shown in the video it worked partly due to the good heal in group (and good tank as well).

The video being sped up - again you're reading into it too much. The video would have been well over an hour long if a full upload. Again I do have the footage on my PS4 so I could upload the full run (while keeping some of the chat covered up).

Other than the failed attempts and me trying to change my load out unexpectedly while briefly forgetting I couldn't while in combat during Sea Beast fight, there was nothing else edited out.

I do think minus troll The Throne (Elite) can be done 3 man, with the right group. Me and DPS in this group were good, but the heal and tank were truly incredible under the circumstances.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

See my previous reply.

You might have noticed in the video - with the exception of my DPS gear for a small part of the run - no-one in group is especially geared from episode (presuming people have OP feet from Teen Titans DLC).

I'm using:

for the short time as DPS (CR259):

160 Dead King's Scepter
    160 Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    160 Solar Amplifier

as troll (CR253):

133 Amulet of Rao
    143 Parasite's Power Harness
    160 Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    • Like x 1
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Back when I did videos I started using a "silence" channel with only status updates enabled (because it could not be disabled).
    When you enable chat fading, the empty chat will disappear after a few seconds since there won't be new messages shown.
    Saves the time covering things up. But tbh, the only time one would really need to cover a chat is if personal data is shared or if there's something iffy going on :p Try the empty chat tab and it saves you a few minutes of editing :-D
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah, I figured DKS would be on it ^_^ Especially with fewer raid members, reduced cooldowns are a cool thing to have. And if I'm not mistaken, Orbital Strikes ignore Corum Rath's boosted defense :3
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Ye :) But I'm only DPS for a short time during Sea Beast fight when main DPS went down, for most of the run I was troll. :)
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Question:

Has anyone else seen the Sea Beasts Ground Slam attack hitting multiple times?

I kinda messed up the screenshot I did but basically it went that way:

Seabeast skull -> I block while shielded -> I got hit, absorbed damage, survived ...

then this happened

[IMG]

and I died. What's curious is that the Log states correctly that it hit my Heartbreak pet for 40k, above but (as I said screening messed up) not seen is the indicator that the Ground Slam damaged me for some minor damage, broke the shield and because of that the Fish Breath started ticking again.

Yet, after that you see that the Sea Beast hit me again, without an ability that caused the damage. The hits indicate that it was the Ground Slam again. I was standing way in the back not close to any danger nor was there some of Corum Raths AoE below me.

I litereally have now idea what else other than a second Ground Slam killed me. Neither did the other group members.

It might be possible that I have a combat log.txt on my HDD but it's kinda tough to find this exact situation. Haven't deleted it in a while..

Anyone else noticed this? JackFrost? Any ideas ^^ ?
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah hits me twice almost every time, killing me instantly. Naturally I try to avoid it all together, but even after yesterday’s hotfix I’m still only seeing the chevrons roughly 70% of the time. Is anyone still having trouble seeing it or am I just not looking hard enough?
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Haven't been in there yet but if it kills you "almost every time" there's something else wrong. I play Elite and Normal on a regular basis and I only realized the combat log because it killed me twice for no reason in two different runs. All the other times I just survive, either shielded or blocking while being control immune. Fast breakouts and going into block again avoids the problem as well. It's still weird...
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m more interested in whether or not you’re consistently seeing the warning lines since the hotfix. If I can avoid it everything else is moot. :)
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Four words: Two Rank twentythree Corals.

On a serious note: I was working up until now today. Same yesterday. Haven't touched any raids since then. Besides, it's a minor nuisance. If you look at the Sea Beast, there is a pattern in how it moves that indicate a Roar or a Charge. My point was just that it is still a bug that needs to be fixed. Also, 99% of the player base don't give a remote s*it about the Sea Beast until it kills them lol.
  19. JackFrost Developer

Hey! The "Ground Slam" is the big AOE attack where Sea Beast slams down and kind of looks like a beached whale. That attack triggers a wave that shows up in the combat log as "Sea Beast damaged..." after the Ground Slam attack. Both can be mitigated by blocking, and the Ground Slam itself can be further mitigated with an upgraded Augment.

I went back and forth with having these be one or two damage vectors, but landed on them both doing damage for challenge and theme (similar conceptually to how an earthquake does damage, and a tsunami can also be triggered and also do damage).

I hope this helps!
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Ok thanks for clarifying that, Jack!

The issue I have is that the initial hit, the ground slam, is mitigated by my two 23 Corals, yet through the knockback it causes, I leave block and without a shield or group immunity I'm simply just dead. Wouldn't it be better to mitigate the wave with the corals?
    In 90% of the cases my groups are good and coordinated and noone dies during these Ground Slames, yet it is frustrating that in 10% of the cases, supercharges aren't ready or the group immunity has been used before and you sometimes just get k.o.'ed.

But it's good to know that it is intended. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.