Dev Discussion Episode 33: Atlantis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Meowtapes, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meowtapes Developer

Hello everyone and welcome to the beautiful, underwater city of Atlantis!

Corum Rath has taken over as the king of Atlantis and is using the Drift to wreck havoc on the Ninth Tride Atlantean civilians and the Sea-Touched. Help Mera (as a hero) or Ocean Master (as a villain) and King Shark retake their city!

NOTE: The Atlantis: Royal Palace Solo needs to be completed before you’ll be able to access Open World Atlantis via teleporter or the Warp Menu, and the first part of the Atlantis pointer mission will need to be completed before Open World missions will unlock.

Please leave any feedback or bug reports about the open world in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Swarm Mother NPC should be adjusted to allow more generous contribution credit. As is, it is very easy not to get credit if there is a large group around.
    • Like x 1
  3. Meowtapes Developer

I'm working on a fix now that will grant credit better for the swarm weekly :)
    • Like x 1
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

When I swim to the upper and outer edges of Atlantis, my character and HUD disappear. Everything gets all flickery and then it's just gone.

When I return to the central areas, everything reverts to normal, so it's not a huge problem. Does freak me out, though. ;)
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Similar issue with the teen titans fearsome five and Reigning bounties too. seems to be a problem with 4 player bounties in general.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working on this.
    • Like x 3
  7. Ultimate Thor Active Player

If trying to gather relics and someone else its it first. It gets the next character to interact credit for one relic but puts that character into an animation loop (gathering). Combat seems to be the only relief.
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Bug: One of the Relics is situated diagonally and is (almost) untargetable. I didn’t grab a screen tho, but if the Devs can’t find it I can try to find again. I’ve seen it twice.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ultimate Thor Active Player

Defeated Trench Mother three times now. No completion reward
    • Like x 1
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Bug: Speaking to Ocean Master as a hero, his dialogue does not match the subtitles at all.
  11. Zamara Dedicated Player

I got a screenshot of where it's located, i think it's the same chest https://imgur.com/a/spR7RUu
    • Like x 1
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Is phasing not allowed in Atlantis ??
  13. Zamara Dedicated Player

It is, was phased to a new one earlier when doing one of the bounties.
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yea I guess if it’s full just nothing will happen. Odd.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah can confirm this is exactly what is happening. I encountered this doing Starro and Doomsday too and it’s part of the reason I really, REALLY wish they’d stop making these feats.
  16. Meowtapes Developer

Thanks for the screenshot! I'll get that fixed right now so it should be in soon :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Zamara Dedicated Player

I found a way to break it while it gets fixed, you can do dive bomb on it and after around 3 times it will break
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

There seriously needs to be an ALT BYPASS for this.
    I'd like to bring my low level toons to Atlantis; but the process takes too long to do this for each and every toon.
  19. MiLady Well-Known Player

Is there any chance you can move the "Chicken under the sea" drop off point away from the Brine Hulk boss? It can be a pain trying to drop off the shrimp into the pen when the Hulk boss decides to throw the green balls and trap you and KO you. How about moving the designated pen away from the Brine Hulk?
  20. MiLady Well-Known Player

In the Loss of Leadership mission, the "Defeat Silent School Adept" part is slightly flawed. There are both Acoloyte and Adept enemies. Only the Adept enemies have the target circle over their heads, which is correct. However, sometimes when I defeat an Adept enemy, it does not register towards my goal. I sometimes have to KO 5-6 of them. The other half of the mission works correctly. I KO 3 enemies and they all register correctly.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.