Test Discussion Episode 32: Titans Island (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Meowtapes, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Weapon attacks are doing more damage which helped out. I didn't notice an increase in damage output from tray abilities.

My personal opinion is that the robot mission is easier, but still not very fun. You're forced to use Handblasters without having access to any Weapon Mastery abilities. I've always found melee Handblaster combat without Weapon Mastery to be awkward. Handblaster melee combos are all short and don't offer much variety. With the long cooldowns on Taser Pull/Energy Blast, you have to use weapon combos at some point.

These robot transformation open-world dailies are usually like that though. The form transformation lacks a movement mode and walking around is very slow. You have limited access to weapon combos and no possibility for customizing your loadout. I dislike how this form transformation doesn't even let you use your trinkets or cola.
    • Like x 1
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

Just ran Rock 'Em Sock 'Em a couple of times and am very pleased with the changes. Health and Power are both regenerating out of combat nicely. I was able to beat all 10 needed opponents without having to jump in and out of suits. The only complaint I have left is the slow, plodding walk-only movement option. At least give us a run.
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

How much weapon damage was increased?
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

Just ran a bunch of solos...

1. Unless there are more missions coming, it's going to take players a looooooooong time to get enough tokens to get their first piece of gear. I've run at least 15 solo missions (ie: LOTS of replays) as well as 2 Duos and am just now able to get the lowest piece of gear (mask).

2. Turret Defense mission: There are three turrets right amid the Decimator Android fight area. You may want to move those away from that area or take those three out altogether as AD is a raid-level boss (unless they perform some function for the fight, if that's the case I wouldn't make them part of the Turret Defense mission).

3. To The Shore and They'll Be Back missions: To the right of the dock I found 4 hacked robots and 2 hostages stuck in the water (a little to the right of the flat-ish rocky area beside the dock). They were all defeated and just waiting to be used to further my mission but I kinda doubt they were supposed to be there ;)

4. Can't remember the name of the mission, but it's the one where you control the drone after finishing 5 missions for Cyborg: The scanner needs to have a much wider range. Of the 3 drone bots I found on the Tower, I had to scan 2 of them multiple times just to get them to appear (even though I had them targeted already).
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

It's at least comparable to the Powers in the suit (no idea on a percentage other than "a lot" as doing weapon damage yesterday barely nudged their health whereas today it's roughly equal to powers). This also means the damage the NPCs take from Combat Mechanics increased as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

Thanks for the help
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Here is the NPC I mentioned the other day.
    [IMG]

When I approached her, It said Titans Fan over her head. But after I interacted with her, it disappeared. It looked like she started talking (because she went from a neutral stance to "talking with her hands"), but there was no sound or sub titles and the label over her never returned.
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

with the iconic super strengh,
    it is possible to pick up and throw the helicopter from the titan tower,
    wich is hillarious IMHO ^^
    nice devs, not sure if that was intended, but it sure should get a feat!
    giving title: "...couldn't resist!"
    • Like x 3
  9. JackFrost Developer

There were a couple of problems with Gizmo that will be fixed in a future build. I don't know that it'll make the next hotfix though. Thanks forthe feedack!
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bounty Far From Spawn Point
    Caught the Decimator Android bounty taking a dip in the Drink earlier, to the north of the map:

[IMG]

I think it may have something to do with his charging attack that he does, as I've often seen him do the charge and end up going off the cliff, to the lower levels of the map. This was the furthest I've ever seen him go, though.

I figured this may be intended, similar to the roaming Doomsday bounty in the Death of Superman, but the description of the bounty references him at the base of Titan Towers.

Bounty Respawn Issue
    Also, I haven't beaten him for a few days, but he seemed to have a respawn issue the last time I fought him. The iconics he fights (Wonder Girl and Static) were just standing there, motionless, in the map, waiting for him to respawn, but he didn't. Not sure if anything has been done over the past few days to make him respawn quicker, but it might need looked at. Especially to prevent problems like phase jumping that the Starro Conqueror bounty caused.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but if you use the map to warp to titan tower (the first time at the docks) the mission instructing you to speak to cyborg (the one that is supposed to reward cybernetic augments) doesn't advance. Then you leave to zone, and teleport back to titan's tower again, also using the map teleport. Even when you speak to Cyborg, it only gives you an open-world mission. It doesn't advance the augment mission at all. So you're left with a "Speak to Cyborg" in your journal, but no X on the map, and when you talk to Cyborg all it does is give you the chance to reset the open world mission.

However, when teleporting to Paradise Island via the watchtower, that does appear to advance the mission and allow you to speak with Cyborg regarding the augments.
    • Like x 2
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

same issue: wanted to skip the lame intro (realy not a fan of the titans at all) and when i came to the tower, cyborg was not completing the mission at all. there is no marker point too... tryed to warp from my base, with the map and from the watchtower aswell... nothing at all happened. tryed switch characters: nothing. did the mission cyborg gives you: nothing. did the duo and came back: nothing. tryed to buy a cybernetic core from the vendor and equipped it: nothing changed for the mission objective, it is still "speak to cyborg". needs a fix IMO ^^
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Would it be possible to adjust the Big Robot Bounty so it requires a lower level of contribution to get credit?

That's just an example. Nevermind the cheater. That guy could be considered a stand in for a larger group.

If you have a couple of big groups attacking the Big Robot and you're in a small group, you may not receive credit. I really hate it when a Bounty is setup that way.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I also have a question regarding the suggested group composition of the Big Robot, lol. How many people are you intending to be needed to defeat it, and at what CR?

1. First issue, its laser beam attack is hitting far too hard for an open world bounty. I was playing a fire tank with agressive defense mod, wearing CR 235 Mera gear, had 4 dom augs set to 193 and sp at 100 into health and 30 into dom. There was a healer in our group of 6 (we were shouting for more, but the amount is honestly irrelevant to the question of how much damage I was taking.) I could pop my shield, which helped for 2 seconds, block - which helped 0 - and have all of my heals going, and the laser just kept going and going. It always K.O.ed me. Every time. That in spite of the healer burst healing me as fast as possible (not a water healer, so no additional shields besides mine, however.) All the other attacks we totally fine. The laser is not lungeable either. Soooo...to recap, lunge, no, block, no, shields, no. Are you requiring 2 healers for an open world boss this time around? Is the laser somehow ignoring all defense? Because honestly blocking did absolutely nothing to mitigate or reduce it.

2. The Big Robot glitched several times where its health (under 50%) would totally reset and "evade, evade, evade" would come up again. We only moved from the corner of TT to the wall next to it, so the distance moved was not (or should not be) the cause. Basically his laser does a pushback, and i would lunge him and pull him again, which is why he moved a small amount.

3. When the Big Robot is down by the water, he's directly in the middle of the only area to complete one of (Raven's?) missions. The items needed to complete the mission are ONLY in the small corner, though the mission area is L shaped. The Big Robot is very agressive in his realm of action, meaning if you activate on of the mission items, he WILL lunge and attack you. Solution is either to keep the Big R from spawning there or spread out the mission objectives along the rest of the L. I'm sorry for not having images or the mission name, I logged out now. I will take pictures tomorrow, however, as well as video of the laser.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the Rock'em mission, I believe the number of robots kills should be reduced from 10 to 8. I arrived at this conclusion by looking at the average clear time for each of Cyborg's missions.

When calculating clear time, I took the following into consideration:
    -Picking up the mission from Cyborg
    -Travel time to objective area
    -Completing mission objectives
    -Travel time back to Cyborg

Here were some sample clear times:
    They'll Be Back: 2 minutes 7 seconds
    Robo Royale: 2 minutes 10 seconds
    Rock'em: 3 minutes 23 seconds

I wasn't even going "all out" on the first two missions. I was playing very casually.

Demonstration Videos:
    They'll Be Back:

Robo Royale:

Rock'em:

Reducing the kill count for Rock'em from 10 to 8 would put it more in line with the other missions. As is, it is the longest and possibly "least fun" daily.
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    One issue you run into with the open world bounties is that they eventually tend to accumulate large groups of mobs around them. Here is an example with Gizmo and Kid Flash:

Sometimes you'll see the Fearsome Five bounties in odd locations because they are perpetually chasing after allied robots.
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Should exo-material nodes be added to this open world area? It would be nice to get some while doing daily content. Also, I don't believe Deluge Central City or Doomed Metropolis have exo-material nodes either.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

We'll address the Giant Robot laser attack by making it so he can be lunged. I did find one damage component there that had a bad block predicate, so that's part of the issue.

He will now go home if he gets too far away.

Credit for his mission, loot, and feats will change to be similar to the Giant Starro.

If vids of his other evade behavior can be captured, that would help track down the issue. I'll ask QA to look at it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Iconic Bounties are hard to locate.
    I found one for the villains; but were looking for the Hero Bounties.
    I gave up after 10-15 minutes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.