Test Discussion Episode 32: Titans Island (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Meowtapes, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Penryn,

Just answering your question to the "Hive Recluse", Yes they are suppose to be around there as they are part of the Weekly Mission for "Supporting Cyborg" or a similar name. But yes it's part of a mission players will get.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks. I just saw that earlier tonight when doing the Weekly Cyborg mission.

I've seen weird spawning behavior before in-game (enemies spawning in the middle of the ocean) and was wondering if this was another example. It turned out not to be.
    • Like x 2
  3. brixiebear New Player

Encountered a bug while playing the mission "To the Shore" where a Hacked Titan Bot didn't get KO'd once it's HP was depleted. Have screenshot but unaware of how to post it.. :/
  4. SuperHarley Active Player

Can't you make it so we can get in the Titans Tower? A no adds/bosses version of the alert/duo for example, that would be FANTASTIC !!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Can only agree with everyone here who said that the Rock'Em quest is super annoying and unfun. The robots die quickly with Energy Blast but a) Health regeneration is non-existant except from Cleansing Spray which brings me to b) power regeneration is super mega slow.
    The fastest way to do the quest is kill robot -> revert form -> cola -> turn to mech -> kill robot -> repeat

Health and Power Regen in the robot suit should be upped by like a lot. Otherwise I see me not doing any cyborg quests anymore after I received this Rock'Em quest the first time..
    • Like x 1
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Also, many of the adds killed in the open world on Titan Island keep you in combat for a while after you knock them out. Pretty annoying if you're in Servere Punishment Mode and can'T activate stuff because you get the rage crash - or you have to wait until the SP buff wears off to activate stuff. Nothing major...but annoying.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

The Tower Defense Mission is pretty flooded with adds and turrets. Neat for multiple players to get the daily done but someone who is not good equipped or new to the game could be overrun by adds pretty quickly..
    • Like x 1
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Raven Support: Every third Civilian does not count towards the quest counter even though I have the Azerath Aura active and they do play the dialogue that they have been calmed..
  9. kitenio New Player

Well robot mission dont recharge power and health, so u defeat one or two robots then need to return human0s form to rechargem then again go robot gear an d continue the mission
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Which doesn't make it a smooth and fun daily, exactly. It makes it pretty annoying in my eyes...
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just had my first chance to get on test tonight. I remember in the live stream after the Devs talked to Cyborg, icons popped up above the rest of the iconics in the area as part of the "optional: talk to train and fans" but they were missing after I talked to Cyborg. It looks like I can still talk to everyone though. Except the woman in green behind Donna Troy.

Edit. Can we ever get back to this version of the island, or do we only have one chance to talk to these NPCs?
  12. Kestral Committed Player

This looks to be the only chance to talk to the NPCs and to explore the empty map.
  13. The Game Well-Known Player

Since it's been mentioned already, something has to be done for the Rock em mission
    Either..
    1)Lower the damage from the robots
    2)Buff the form we are in (we get nerfed to 230)
    3) Lower the amount of bots we have to kill.
  14. Meowtapes Developer

Thanks for all the great feedback over the weekend and catching some bugs for us!

Rock’Em Sock’Em Feedback
    I will definitely be addressing everyone’s concerns over the Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em daily. Our goal is to make you feel powerful and awesome in the robot suit. We have a few ideas that we’re excited to implement to make this daily fun.

Can we ever get back to this version of the island, or do we only have one chance to talk to these NPCs?
    Once you complete the intro version of Titans Island on the docks, you won’t be able to come back. Definitely take that opportunity to talk to them if you want some of the flavor!
  15. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! I may have identified the cause of this issue. A future hotfix will have my change in it. After that, if anyone sees this behavior again, please feel free to reply to this thread. Thanks again!
  16. JackFrost Developer

I made some minor changes that should hopefully make the next PCTest hotfix. Please let me know if you continue seeing any strangeness like this after that next hotfix makes it to the Test server. Thanks for the report!
  17. Magnificent Loyal Player

A couple of the v/o's from Red Robin (when he's on the roof of the Tower) are not matching the caption texts.

Is it by design that you regen no power when doing the Cyborg mission? (the one where you put on the armor) I found myself not moving far from the pad because after each fight I would have to jump out of a suit then re-suit up.

I like the hectic nature of the mission to defend the front of Titans Tower from the onslaught of robots but some of the defense cannons seemed to be just kinda clumped together. Also, the part of the mission to power up the defensive fence, the locations to put the batteries allows for repeat positions (but the a battery in the same spot 2-3 times in the same mission).

Damian's intro v/o sounds far too much like a young girl than a young boy.
  18. PunkGeekFuse New Player

Something that should be mentioned about the fearsome five bounties is that they are all really easy. They pose no real threat to any group member when you engage them. At least Jinx, Mammoth and Simon can kill a group member if the tank loses aggro but Gizmo is just a joke right now. I saw 2 people beat him in under 3 minutes. I understand that you want to keep them at a measurable difficulty for characters that are not at cr 235+ but if 2 people can beat a weekly bounty at cr 240 each, then maybe it is just a bit too easy.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    On the Rock'em mission:
    1. You do not regain health while out of combat while in robot form. You can regen power now while out of combat, so why not health?
    2. "Arcane Blast" is still listed as an attack for the robot form (tap range, tap range, tap range, hold range), but it doesn't work for me.
    3. Energy Blast doesn't have a description.
    4. Does the robot Taser Pull actually benefit from power interactions like what is described? It didn't look like it was setting up the Electrified power interaction.
    • Like x 1
  20. Meowtapes Developer

Thanks for taking another look at that mission! I'll look into fixing the descriptions for the abilities.

I would also appreciate it if anyone who had trouble with the difficulty of the mission could take another look. We made the robots a lot stronger in this last update. Thank you to everyone for your help!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.