Dev Discussion Episode 32: 'H.I.V.E. Reborn' Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

The Ikon Suit is a one shot if you don't burn his shield fast enough or aren't at 100% health while blocking. It will leave you at around ~5% health regardless of shields, buffs, amount of health you have.

If I were to make a suggestion, possibly instead of max health damage, it should be current health damage so that way you can block it out at any percent health and still live.
    • Like x 1
  2. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

The DPS weren't strong enough. I've beaten it successfully both ways since the latest hotfix to this fight. You might want to try to run additional DPS so something like a 5-1-1-1 setup if the DPS are struggling with the shield or having trouble blocking it out.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We we're blocking it last night, it doesn't fully kill you if you block, and we had a solo heal for Deathstroke
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Just wanted to add my two cents to this thread post-hotfix. Sorry I couldn't input sooner as my laptop has been playing up.

I've beaten Deathstroke post-hotfix (I was in Danne's group/vid as Alienna posted earlier in the thread) and it is a fun but challenging boss fight. It is doable if the group either has enough damage to burn the ikon shield, or if players block through the shield attack (and are sufficiently geared). I think being able to block through it should be possible, otherwise it makes the damage check way too high imo for this boss fight, unless your a very talented DPS or have sufficient CR or artefacts. Yes I do agree some of the phase overlaps need to be addressed, including if Deathstroke activates Ikon during say the neutraliser phase. Otherwise the Deathstroke fight in elite is one of the best elite boss fights we've had for some time - just needs a few tweaks with regard to phase overlaps. Sometimes you're kinda dependent on luck with the phase overlaps, say for example if you're a solo heal for the fight, and you get neutraliser phase first and the heal gets neutralised, and Deathstroke does his laser attack that he does shortly after that first phase begins. I will say that pre-hotfix the Deathstroke fight in elite was imo too easy and I don't think I ever wiped against him pre-hotfix, so I'm glad things like the ikon suit were addressed.

The Terra fight - the heal debuffs are evil atm. It makes the fight very challenging especially if you're a heal and especially during the gas phases, more so as the fight goes on. The debuffs shouldn't stack and they start way too soon. An even more challenging fight than before, which is in some ways good, but I think certain elements currently like the heal debuffs and how they are atm make it a bit overkill.

Hoping to see some tweaks soon for the phase overlaps and heal debuff issue so I can test after.

Otherwise, HIVE Reborn (Elite) is one of the best elite raids we've had in quite some time, enjoying this and the episode overall.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ully Committed Player

HIVE Elite Bug Report:

In the elite version of the HIVE raid, Deathstroke's Ikon Suit explosion, KO's group members that are standing outside of the designated fighting area. Also, when you're KO'd while waiting, the death rally indicator is activated. FYI, this is unrelated, but the same issue currently exists in Panopticon Elite, where boss mechanics such as the mines and fire pools, spill over onto the safety area.
    • Like x 5
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ikon shield is nice mech my group broke it once or twice but blocking through it seems a safe bet
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This thread is for constructive feedback and reports specific to this raid.
  8. vespa neo Active Player

Deathstroke fight - one shotting us while blocking if standing on red. It happens so fast, there’s no way to escape.
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This is also the case in The Machine (Elite). Elite raids like to spill high hitting attacks into the safety area it seems.
    • Like x 1
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

While I understand that it is much easier to add DPS's than to adjust the other roles, seems to me that this is why most groups want solo roles because of this very thing.

Not to mention that the non damage roles can perform their job alone, some with ease others struggle, but it seems that it severely leads content to be tank and spank.

While easier to form groups, I get that but, it seems artificial difficulty and a work around to really holding back the greater design of content, where as if the other roles could hold up to what the 4th/5th DPS or even be near the 3rd DPS it could alleviate the need to over stack groups with DPS's.

Just seems to me burn is always a problem and the main benefactors of a majority of updates and hotfixes and not really resolving the problem.
    • Like x 1
  11. Luke© Well-Known Player

WTF Daybreak?!
    I´m Atomic Tank (Cr 247/SP 361)
    Last boss (Terra) 1shoted me at the beginning, when i was BLOCKING and had SHIELD?!
    Whats wrong with this boss? You should make it possible for every tank, not just earth...
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah earth is the least stressful to heal, fire is the most stressful in this raid. Hell even ice gave me a hard time on first boss.
    • Like x 1
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Can someone please confirm or deny weather the Lava Elite Feat can be done whenever or it's on first try?
    A developer preferably. My leaguemate and I cannot stop arguing about that because the Lava Elite Feat doesn't say it's on first try only.
  14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yea Would be Good to know. I wish they would just say IF its a First Attempt Feat then PLEASE Have it Say on the First Attempt. Otherwise I assume its on THAT Attempt of the Boss.
    • Like x 1
  15. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I have Found that POOR Ice just goes Squish in H.I.V.E. Elite. At least those i have run with.
  16. Ekart Committed Player

Hi Mepps & Charon.

Since the last hotfix on August 21st something went wrong with the Terra fight. Before I found it challenging & fun as Ice tank, but now it is just frustrating. Something isn't right with the amount of dmg you recive at once in the volcanic phase. Terra and the room AOE melt my shields away in a second, like they never been active. With 247 CR gear (missing elite chest & back, necklace, mask and both rings from the TT vendor) and 418 SP.

I love tanking and I love to be challenged, but this is just... Please have a look at it again.
  17. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Agreed. Just disband after the first two bosses and save yourself the aggravation until this is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Ekart, (I know you directed this at the developers but this is just my general response to your concern).

Were you tanking this before in the multiple Terra Phases? (Magma/Lava Phase, where her damage increases). There was a glitch/bypass prior that unintentionally allowed players to skip that mechanic which was recently addressed with this update.

At the moment Terra isn't meant to be melee tanked (Her melee moves are currently heavy hitters) though a couple of tanks (earth/rage) may be able to handle her hits a little better compared to the others. Try keeping a distance/mid-range and stay away from her melee hits while blocking her range/skull mechanics. (If she gets close with her melee, counter/block it until she falls or its safe to move/roll away and continue to tank her from (semi) mid-range. You don't have to be too far, just enough distance to where her melee hits won't hit you. Keeping her busy with Jericho and Robin can help with that as well).

The main objective for the group during the volcanic vent phases is to close them as quickly as possible. As the longer you take the higher the heal debuff will increase. (single target damage/same target and close the vent right away as soon as a rock appears. Close one side at a time). The other tank should be close enough to the side/vent that the group is closing but not too close to it. Each add that spawns from a vent will spawn a rock once killed which must be placed within the same (only) vent in order to close it. The timer is short (as well as add/rock specific) that's why being close to the corresponding vent is important. Once one is closed, quickly move on to the next. (The heal debuff will be removed and the remaining adds should despawn once all 4 vents are closed).

This is how the raid is meant to be done. So if you want less damage during those phases (while keeping a distance from her melee hits), have the group close them quick as the environment damage and adds can be a bit much with Terra's damage, especially as the heal debuff increases. (The adaptive augments do help some with that as well, so ranking that up some will be good if you/anyone haven't/hasn't already).

This is just my general response and question since I am not sure of your prior circumstances when running this raid. My response is just from my personal experience from running this raid and my knowledge of the recent events that were taking place, which this update addressed so that the raid can be completed properly and as intended.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely: Brav
  19. Aestraal New Player

Hey! Just a quick question for this raid. Its concerning the Rocky Roads feat.

So basically the feat requires the group to kill 30 adds that spawns during the vent phases in one single run. Before the latest update, it was super easy for people to get it if they just kept her in one phase and constantly kill the monsters. However, since it was kind of an exploit, the Devs fixed to how it auto-completes after 90secs. Now this makes is waaaay harder. I tried to do it with a group earlier, consisting of 2 Heals, 2 Tanks (One on Terra and the other to pull the adds), 1 troll and 3 DPS. Basically since we need 30, and there's 3 phases, we figured we needed 10 per phase. For every phase, we managed to get 8 easily ( 4 at the start and 4 more that spawns after that ). However, the last 2 we need for 10 always despawns way too quickly for us to burn. We're not sure if we can pressure a 4th phase from her but we've tried DPS-ing her VERY slowly and it didn't work ( Literally just the tank was attacking her, trust me it took a while lol.)

Anyways I was wondering has any group done this post-update? If so, what tactic did you do because I would really like to get this feat for a friend.

Thanks!
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

This HAS Been a Constant Problem Ever since the Hotfix.. it seems her Timer MAY be too quick to end OR they need to UP the Number of Adds that Spawn for REG
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.