Test Discussion Episode 31: 'The Threat Below' Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey PCTesters!

We've done some work to add to and improve the 'Threat Below' raid since it was first released last year. Of particular note is that we reworked some boss fight mechanics and added an Elite version. So now, there are 3 versions of the Raid: Event, Normal, and Elite.

If you get a chance, please play through any or all of them and let us know any feedback you have. Please specify which difficulty you're testing, and any other information you find pertinent.

We appreciate your efforts in helping us test this content!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I 7-manned the normal version of the "Threat Below" with a CR 225 group. We didn't encounter any issues and things went pretty smoothly. We finished in approximately 20 minutes.

I appreciate the changes that were made to the Aquaman fight. That made the fight much more pleasant on the normal version. Only having one tentacle out at a time means groups aren't going to hug the entrance door.

Was the "pancake crusher" attack on Starro removed for the normal version? I don't think I saw Starro use it.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    At the start of the instance, Aquaman's actions don't line up with his voice clips. Watch this:

He goes through his voice clips, but continues to attack the group the entire time.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Normal Version:

Aquaman fight was great. Love the change. Ran into an issue that one Tentacle was untargetable. When at the entrance, the tentacle in the top left corner was the one. It only happened once in the 2 times we fought (we wiped the first time). Second time we did it no problems what so ever. Good mechanics to it.
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Normal version:
    Aquaman fight.
    How often are the hatchery mechanic suppose to happen? First time we did it, it didn't happen at all and we got him down to less than 50 percent health. Then when we tried it again it happened 3 times during the fight.
  6. JackFrost Developer

It's set to trigger after the tentacle phase. It's certainly possible you don't see it too often during the fight, depending on a number of factors. I took a look at it, and at first glance it appears to be working as designed, but feel free to holler if you or anyone sees something amiss.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

Its impossible to melee competitive in this raid since Aquaman pushes one away all the time and Starro the Conqueror teleports so many times away...
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    "The Threat Below" is still classified as an Expert Tier 9 raid. "Spindrift Station" is still classified as Tier 8. Is that intended?
  9. JackFrost Developer

Yes, for the moment it's intended. But we're still planning on having it sorted before it launches on the live server. Thanks for the reminder!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.