Dev Discussion Episode 31: 'Stemming the Tide' Solo Story Mission

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

I wanted to post this and I wanted to use the title of his show in my post but the forum bleeped it out and I didn't want to get reported, so.... thanks! ;)

• Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

No problem! :D

And to think a dev has to live in fear of being reported. Mepps is scary.
    • Like x 4
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ocean Master has also been resetting if I go into the pools around the edge to get the stone reliefs before the brines spawn and get aggro on me. I’m guessing the jutted edges of the pools are breaking his line of sight and making him drop aggro? And then the game assumes the room is empty because no npcs have aggro?
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

What kind of reset are we talking here? He drops aggro and waits for you or the doors open and he sits there until attacked again. There are two kinds and LOS could cause the former but not the latter. The latter would happen if you somehow left the marker area that constitutes his encounter area. The hotfix addresses it being a smidge too short before the gate on his side of the gate. The pools shouldn't cause the second kind of reset but I'll look into it in either case.

When you say pools you mean the moonpools or the areas where the waterfalls are?

6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The second kind of reset. The waterfalls I think, the ones that the stone reliefs to plug the moon pools are hanging over.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks, that helps narrow it down.

8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Controlled Flash fight bugged on me this morning in the Normal version. After Captain Cold turned Controlled Flash into an ice cube and left the field, Controlled Flash perpetually remained in his "regenerate health" phase. I tried attacking him for a couple more minutes, but his health would always regenerate. I had to wipe to reset the fight.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

The hotfix got applied this morning, for real for real, so let me know if it happens more. There were other issues in the overall hotfix the other day that got it yanked so the fix never got applied for very long before being rolled back.
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Flash Seemed fine for me today.
    However he regened a Ton of Health when a Healing Barrel got Busted and he jumped in it.
    Intended?
    I dont know who broke the barrel but seemed Odd
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

just about any AOE attack from anyone will cause a barrel to explode. I'll check to see if he's healing from it. Was it during the Weather Wizard portion? He heals Flash.

12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I just had Flash refuse to stop regenerating AGAIN. :mad:
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

With the latest fix, I’m able to defeat Controlled Flash before he energises the Starro on Cold’s cell, causing all kinds of new weirdness. Nothing that has made the fight unwinnable yet, but could be an issue.
    • Like x 1
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep. Aware of it. Going to address it but it doesn't prevent the encounter from being finished.

• Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This instance has been a right headache for you I bet :D
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

A bit. Worked great internally and on paper but once the Live server processes got in the way, things hit the fan. :p We'll get it sorted.

• Like x 1
  17. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Uh, is the event version of this supposed to give Atlantean Crowns? Recently I noticed that my non end-game characters aren't getting any crowns for running this and wondered if it was just me.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

I sent this over to the system guys. They said it should but doesn't and will be putting up a fix for it.

• Like x 2
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I was able to KO Controlled Flash while he was on the Trickster cell. He went ahead and blasted the Weather Wizard cell. After that, he just stood on the east side. I was able to get some video after he blasted the Weather Wizard cell.
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for the video. I put in a fix last night that QA will hammer on today. It adds back some of the stop gaps I had before to control the stages better but not having the same system used the first time. With OP damage, it's probably still possible to nuke him down before a stage is done (I did this with GM command damage) but if that happens, it's future proofed to open the cell doors, rogues peace out, etc. and the end sequence begins.

One question on the order of events - you were able to KO Flash after he dealt with the reinforcements from the Trickster cell sequence and instead of falling over he did the activation for the WW cell? The changes should address all that but info on repro steps are always good to lock down.

As a FYI, the old system addressed it but the new system does not - Flash getting juggled from the Rogues and players as well as any other CC that suspends his AI while he keeps getting damaged, could bypass he new setup. The changes should address that now.

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.