Test Discussion Episode 31: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I'm not liking the new format of the Member Treasure boxes in this episode. The format ends up being really clunky. Here is what I've been seeing:
    1. Run instance. Interact with treasure chest at end and receive appropriate Member Treasure Box
    2. Open Member Treasure Box
    3. Consume/Trade any lair decorations. See if the Member Reward Box also contained a Loot Box
    4. Open the Loot Box (if there was one)
    5. Consume/Trade any lair decorations/collection pieces from last year
    6. Attune the Conqueror Item piece (if there was one)
    7. Consume/Trade Enhanced Conqueror piece plan
    8. Salvage (probably) the Conqueror item piece
    That's a lot of clicking and awkward item management for each Member Treasure box.

Is there anyway this process can be streamlined? I always wanted the ability just to directly salvage unattuned gear. That would save a few extra steps for each piece of gear you receive.
    • Like x 1
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

The styles from the loot boxes are non-tradeable and non-sellable , so what are we going to do with them delete each time once the character has them ?
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

Can anyone tell me what is the style for green drops? Thanks!
  4. Ully Committed Player

Hi Devs, I think it would be a good idea, if the face slots were updated to account for the Starro face mods. Last year, when this new face slot was announced, there was a lot of excitement with this addition. Any opportunity to advance our characters in terms of gear and stats is always appreciated. In light of that, I think it was a wasted opportunity to not update the following face slots to accommodate the Starro face mods. Moreover, the current OP Starro face is obsolete at end game content. So now, we have a plethora of face mods, that are essentially wasting away because they can not be slotted with newer face pieces. Deluge has made the Starro content permanent, therefore, I think it would be wise and beneficial to players if you could allow us to slot these Starro mods into newer face gears.
    • Like x 2
  5. SilkyPawz Bunny

Why Can't these drop like they do in E3 at the end of Raid, Duo, Alert an so on. I like how they are in your inventory after the end of the instance. Why do we have to click on it and if by chance someone DC'ed at the end of an instance they can't go back and click the Treasure Box.
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Vendor Quicklime Canisters
    Just having a browse through the vendor and I noticed that the Quicklime canisters are at the bottom at a price of 5x Atlantean Crowns each for 1. That's equivalent to the marks obtained from running your daily Alert, Duo and Solo. Seems a little high, rendering the product useless and unnecessary. Perhaps an adjustment could be made? Maybe get rid of the Atlantean Crown cost, charge $2,000 and give away 12 at a time?

Vendor Item Placement: Quicklime Canisters & Starro Loot Box
    Both of these items are right at the bottom of the list, below the regular, generic base item boxes, which usually signify the bottom of the rewards vendor. I think with the current placement, people might be completely unaware that these items even exist on the vendor at all. I'd recommend moving them up slightly, at least to the top of the generic base items list.

Episode Vendor: Tentacled Barnacles (Ceiling) Base Item Doesn't Have An Episode Currency Cost
    This item, which is a reward for completing the Starro Crossed Lovers Briefing and then unlocks inside the vendor in case you want more, doesn't have an Atlantean Crowns value attached to it. It's priced at $250. Is this intended?

Suggestion: Global Base Items Vendor
    Since Amazon Fury Part 3, there have been base item loot boxes available for players to spend their marks on. I feel like it's a bit of a waste of time to put the generic base item sets in the Episode vendor every time. Perhaps instead of putting the generic base item boxes on each vendor, they could be placed on a singular vendor that sits in the Hall of Doom/Watchtower and is just called "Base Item Vendor". You could then add each of the Episode's base item boxes to that same vendor (in addition to keeping them in the Episode Vendor, too) to create a "go to" vendor for base items. This would help clear up some of the clutter from the episode vendor.
    • Like x 5
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm running the daily solo challenge to check on issues discovered a day or so ago. I like the new Treasure chest at the end of the Temple portion but have a question.... Is that an RNG thing or are we supposed to get a reward box each time. I've done the mission twice today. Got a reward box first try.. Got NOTHING this last time. If that is how it works.. then Working as intended .. If not.... I found a glitch.

LOL I'll be running it again and can check back here to see if I need to LOOK for it to happen AGAIN or if iyt is just something that happens.
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't think it was mentioned, but the gear in the vendor is in a different order than usual.

The Deluge episode vendor has them in the following order
    Back
    Chest
    Mask
    Boots
    Gloves
    Helmet
    Pants
    Neck
    Ring
    Shoulders
    Trinket
    Utility Belt
    Belt
    Weapons

Previous vendors have the them in the following order
    Helmet
    Mask
    Neck
    Shoulders
    Chest
    Back
    Gloves
    Ring
    Waist
    Pants
    Boots
    Trinket
    Utility Belt
    Weapons
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Atlantean Conch of Omnipotence Bugs

Doesn't Register as a piece of Elite Gear
    When worn with a piece of Elite gear (in my testing case, either the Prototype Owl Helm of Omnipotence or the Insidious Power Glove of Omnipotence), the Atlantean Conch doesn't activate the Affinity Mod Bonuses when multiple pieces of Elite gear are worn:

Missing Elite Gear Information Messaging
    The message in the tool tip for Elite gear ("Wearing this and other pieces of Elite gear will activate your currently installed Affinity Generator Mods that require Elite Gear.") is missing from the Atlantean Conch of Omnipotence. This might be tied into the bug above. It's useful to include it to reassure people that the Omnipotence gear in the main 8 slots is designed to activate your Affinity Generator Mods.

"War of the Ocean" Collections Missing Reward Description
    After the infamous "Minotaur Head"-gate scandal of November 2016, a brief description has been added to the Omnipotent collection pieces, stating what the reward is for the particular collection that the piece is part of. This is missing from all collection pieces in the War of the Ocean Omnipotence collection.

================================================================

Tooltip Mistakes

On the Episode 31 gear vendor, towards the bottom of the list, all of the Briefing, Collection and Investigation rewards are available for purchase on the condition you have completed them already, first. If you haven't completed one, a warning note in red appears in the tool tip on the left hand side of the vendor that reads:

"You must complete the (Collection/Briefing/Investigation Name) collection to purchase this item."

The problem with this tool tip is that it identifies everything as a collection, including Briefings and Investigations. I'm not sure how much of an effect this has on the player base, if any effect at all. Nor if it's even worth fixing, but I figured I'd report it anyway.

Incorrect
    • Item: Angler Chandelier | Briefing: Court of Aquaman
    • Item: Atlantean Shield | Investigation: Mera - Queen of Atlantis
    • Item: Atlantean Oxygen Tank | Investigation: The Black Tide
    • Item: Atlantean Valve | Investigation: The Starro Report
      • Note: This one also reads "complete the The Starro Report collection"
    • Item: Tentacled Barnacle (Ceiling) | Briefing: Starro Crossed Lovers
    Correct
    • Item: Elemental Shrine | Collection: Prophecies of the Widowhood
    Unsure
    • Item: Empty Vessel | Origins of Insurrection <- Haven't found any nodes from this one yet. Not sure what it is.

• Like x 1
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No Conqueror Motes
    I've noticed that in the Starro loot crates, the gear comes with a plan to craft an enhanced version of the Conqueror style, but doesn't drop Conqueror motes either. The Conqueror motes are also absent from the vendor, too, despite originally being included in the event vendor, last year (I'm sure?). Essentially, there's no way to obtain the Motes needed for these plans,.
  11. Zamara Dedicated Player

Not sure if this was brought up before but will the Magic Supply Crystal (from the Team-Up time capsules) be updated to work with the new deluge content?? Or will it just work with the content that was present during last year? Or will it become just a different looking supply drop??
    • Like x 2
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

From last year's event guide:
    So it looks like the conqueror's motes only dropped in content. And the more on the vendor was for the team-up time capsule.

Though I would suggest adding the conqueror's motes to the vendor for 5 Atlantean crowns, instead of having them be a drop. It would take about 1.5 weeks to get enough motes for a full set at that price.
    • Like x 1
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Aha, you're right. I remember now. I wish I'd got more as I need them to finish making the enhanced versions of the Green Arrow gear >.<.

I'm guessing the Conqueror motes were drops? Somehow I ended up with 60+ on live.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    why are the generator mods UNTRADEABLE again?
    • Like x 1
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess i should have asked "how comes that generator mods are untradable?"
    and "what is the purpose of it?" to make sure my question is not misinterpreted!
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I received this selection of items while opening a "Starro the Conqueror: Loot Box":
    [IMG]

Why did I only receive the "Enhanced" style for the Bracers? I also received the hands item in previous drops.
  17. David Ivanenko Committed Player

If I remember correctly, the regular style drops as a purple drop that you can attune and the enhanced style drops as that (just the style, not a piece of gear).
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Regarding the Enhanced Conqueror Style:
    If you collect a full set of the Enhanced style, it states that you are granted a 10% damage buff in the Starro Open World area and all instanced Starro content.

Will this still apply for Episode 31?
    Does it include Spindrift Station & the new Solo mission?
  19. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Please rethink the Starro the Conqueror: Loot Box

(This is under the assumption that these items are not available elsewhere in the content anymore which I could not test.)

It gives you random feat related loot if you have not played last year's event and already completed those feats. Three random items for 30 seasonal tokens.
    For Valentine's Day we get a FREE capsule with all the items necessary for the pasttime feats.

On the test server I opened about 150 Starro the Conqueror: Loot Boxes. That's 4500 seasonal tokens.

However even with that many boxes, I could not complete all the feats.

1)
    Of the four old collections, I could merely complete one:
    12/12 (Unlucky Stars)
    10/12 (Space to Face)
    6/12 (Starro Wars)
    11/12 (Fallen Stars)

2)
    I could gather all three omnipotence items.

3)
    I could not complete the Conqueror gear set:
    Head 1x
    Shoulders 1x
    Chest 4x
    Legs 0x
    Hands 3x
    Belt 4x
    Feet 0x

4)
    I could collect all 2007 base items.

This is pretty much not acceptable, I have not calculated how long it would take to gather 4500 marks, but it must be more than the usual 3 months per episode. That would be for the old feats only, not counting in the new gear and other new stuff.

That is unrealistic. Since the event is obviously discontinued, please give us the items for free like it is done at Valentine's Day - or if that is not possible for some reason - please better our odds, by putting the above stuff into loot picker boxes such that we can pick the missing items from them.

Thanks,
    AP
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

I am late to the party and i know changes wont happen anylonger but for the ppl who got all the starro event feats last year this episode will not even reward 7 sp while the sp cap will increase by 7,just wanted to say that its disappointing.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.