Dev Discussion Episode 31: Narrative: Cinematic Cams & Collections

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JohnnyDC, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyDC Developer

This thread is to discuss any questions, feedback or issues concerning Narrative, Cinematic Cams, and Collections for Episode 31 Deluge. Feel free to leave your comments and I will respond as quickly as possible.
    Hope you enjoy The Deluge! Thanks for playing!
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is it intended for the Spindrift Station raid to not be part of the story journal mission?

CCPD Solo - duo/alert - Starro raid - Ninth Triad solo.
    • Like x 1
  3. JohnnyDC Developer

Excellent question.

The Atlantean Temple is the last part of the SOLO story mission. You should receive a mission complete after defeating the boss there for the SOLO portion of the event. However, all the content still ties into the story for the entire content piece/episode.

If you played the the Open World Pointer Mission (Mera/OM grants), then visited the S.T.A.R. Labs staging point, completed the CCPD instance, completed the duo/alert, then completed the "revamped" old Starro raid, and then completed the Ninth Tride Temple. Congrats, you've completed the Solo story Mission.

If however you want to see what's really going on and who is really pulling the strings behind Aquaman's defamation, then jump in the Spindrift Station Raid and be sure to take the guided tour of the place. Oh and don't forget to take a long dip with your friends in their beautiful Moonpools.

=)

Thanks for playing!
    • Like x 1
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Sorry, put this in the wrong thread a few minutes ago...during the initial story/mission when you first arrive in CC Deluge zone, Mera’s lines on the rooftop were missing for me. No voice or subtitles, and no delay in giving the next mission objective, but her mouth was moving as if she were speaking. Don’t know if it was possibly related to my connection (would that affect something like speaking to NPCs or mission giver dialogue?) or something else.
  5. JohnnyDC Developer

Hi Velvetsanity,

Thanks for posting!

Just so I am clear on what happened:

• You logged into the game and started the Deluge event and ported to the CC Deluge zone.
    • You headed to speak to Mera on the rooftop near the docks and interacted with her for the first time.
    • When you interacted, her mouth moved but you didn't hear any dialogue lines or see any subtitles.
    • While that happened you were granted a new objective "Interrogate the Atlantean Troops" or something similar.
    Is that correct?
    If this is correct there is some initial thoughts on the problem:
    • Granting the next mission objective immediately is intended so that players aren't required to wait for Mera's VO to finish to continue. However, the VO should be playing while she grants the next objective to you.
    • Was there another comm. or another type of VO playing from a different mission when you interacted with her? If so, this can will cause the VO to be skipped or muted.
    • After testing this on Live, we could not duplicate it. It is possible that your connection may be the problem.
    • We also haven't had any other reports of this since the product went live so my best guess is that you had overlapping VO or that your connection speed may have caused the VO to fail.
    Sorry you missed Mera's lines! It sets the whole tone for the new content. If it's any consolation, I've included the dialogue you missed below. Thanks again!
    "Thank you for coming. Aquaman has established an uneasy peace with the surface world. Now, at this critical time in our negotiations, Starro, has returned to Central City. Atlantean troops appear to be leading these attacks and the land dwellers blame Atlantis for the carnage you see around you. I am as certain as the tide; Arthur would never authorize such an attack. Interrogate these Atlantean turncoats and learn who is responsible. "
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Thanks, and yeah, that’s correct. The problem continued up until I went into CCPD.

My connection is a likely culprit, tbh. I’m an OTR truck driver and most of the time I play tethered through my phone. Could you possibly give me the rest of her lines from before entering CCPD? :)
  7. BumblingB I got better.

A quick note on the cutscene skipping option of the solo queue in.

There is no indication of what that was?! I thought it was how to start the fight and ended up missing the flash sequence. Same for Black Manta, since the door has a switch. lol Luckily the solo walk in version doesn't let you skip and I could watch it again. (I queued before knowing about the speak to mera thing.)
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The comma after "Starro" should come out; there's no reason for a comma to be there.

And a colon after ""as the tide" would be better than a semi-colon. But "I am as certain as the tide that Arthur would never authorize such an attack" would be far better still. There's no need for additional punctuation there, and putting any in makes a simple sentence pointlessly awkward.

I've missed getting screen shots, but there are a variety of remaining typos in the solo stuff; "it's" is consistently used for the possessive, which is, of course, incorrect. I'll try to be faster and get screen shots.
    • Like x 1
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

When we get the next client hotfix (TBD) I had an icon made of a camera being crossed out ala Ghostbusters. That will help make it more clear. And yes, Story mode you're going to get all the cameras and VO. :p

• Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.