Dev Discussion Episode 31: 'Central City Deluge' Open World

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hey heroes and villains,

We have updated the open world to go along with the new and updated content of Episode 31. Most of the story beats and content found in this zone are similar to the Event last year but new content has been added and access unlocked somewhat differently.
    • The Giant Starro boss is back and now respawns very quickly so everyone can take a swing at him whenever they want.
    • A new defeat X amount of Starro weekly mission has been added.
    • All weekly missions can now be reset and replayed via replay badges.
    • A new Feat collection has been added for Starro spores. Just be careful collecting them, in Central City Deluge sometimes spores collect you.
    • The daily repeatable missions unlock for new characters by doing the Story Solo Mission. After this, they have the same progression as before.
    • Certain annoying behavior from last year has been cleaned up. Less frequent adds popping up at the hatcheries (after you try securing them), less base pop, smaller aggro range, etc.
    • Make sure you look up.
    Please leave your feedback and bug reports here for all open world content that does not pertain specifically to the Story Solo Mission.

So long, and thanks for (defeating) all the (star)fish!

• Like x 2
  2. timetracker2643 Active Player

OK, I don't know if I'm in the right place or not, however on the heroes side in the Watchtower, I'm trying to start everything, and on the mini map where it's telling me to go to enter the new episode is over in the Tech Wing next to the central pillar there instead of over in the monitor womb. I went over to the monitor womb and that's where the entrance is. Figured that I might want to say something about this because quite a few people are being lead over to an area where there's nothing there in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for the report! Found the issue and fixed it internally. It'll roll out to the servers in the next hotfix. To bypass that on other characters, you can open the Map window and use the new Warp functionality to get you to the Central City Deluge zone directly.

• Like x 1
  4. timetracker2643 Active Player

Thanks, and I saw that when I was in there playing and saw the warping. Amazing, love the new warp set up too.
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Not much to say about the missions, since they're all basically identical to last year; however, nice job on reducing aggro range. I wish you would've put all the daily/weekly missions in the same place. It's really weird having to run all around the map picking up missions.
  6. Alitain1 Well-Known Player

So maybe this isn't the place, but looking at the Starro vendor the only way to get anything from the 2017 event is to purchase a random chance item? That seems rather unfair to people who couldn't get everything last year. I mean it'd be one thing if we can just pick the item like mission loot, but it's like you're punishing people. Hell, I can't even remember if I got everything last year or not, cause I remember like the anniversary event, it took quite awhile to accumulate currency to buy any of the styles which is just annoying. But I mean if I buy that random 2017 item and just get something I already have, I'm out hard earned currency. And with a limited event it's not like it's easy to just get more on top of trying to get current stuff. Hell, I can't see how I'd be able to earn enough to buy the full spindrift style set in this one event with the cost. Which means next year I'll be stuck wasting currency on a random chance for this stuff as well. Really just kills any fun.
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

A. All of last year's stuff is supposed to be dropping from running the content. I've already gotten a ton of old gear pieces and base items.

B. This isn't a limited-time event anymore (unless you're F2P and relying on the Event versions, I suppose). It's a full DLC and will be available from now until the end of time.

I hope that helps! :D
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I had an issue with Mera’s dialogue on the initial mission when I first arrived in the CC Deluge map, she had no audio or subtitles, no delay for her to talk before giving me the next mission objective but her mouth was moving as if she were talking.
  9. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Just a few questions are their equipment mods plan available as drops. Friends tell me they are on the broker can't find them. also I have had plenty of face mask mod drops but where do they go? Mera's mask at the vendor does not show a socket or is it only the OP mask?
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

There are no new equipment mods (or plans) for Episode 31, just new generator mods/plans and soder plans. The best equipment mods you can get at the moment are New Justice (from Earth 3).

Face Mods go into the OP Starro Mask; it's the only mask with a mod slot (so far at least).

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 1
  11. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Did they take out the Giant Starro Bounty with today's hotfix?
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Looks like some config file didn't get turned on during the hotfix but I told the powers that be and they're turning it on soon, if not already.

13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The Starro controlled iconics have a very wide aggro radius. Is that supposed to be a thing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.