Dev Discussion Episode 30: The Panopticon (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elusian Crowd Control

Good point, the backhand does indeed managed to one-shot randomly CR220 players in some runs.

For the range part, well ... thats what we had to deal in FoS SM through the years all the times with Supergirl (exact same mechanic). The range was always beyond the red target range and pretty abnormal for the usual attacks behaviour in this game. They never fixed it back then tho.
    • Like x 2
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok so we were doing the elite version of this and we wiped. 1 person who was already out was running towards the door to go back into the room at the exact moment ultraman was resetting so we could fight him again. The door opened and this player went through and somehow ultraman flashed red and simply fell over dead.

And the raid ended. We got the headline but no one received any loot. Clearly there is some kind of bug here. Here is a screenshot of the headline in the chat for all of us. 1 person already walked out of the raid. The problem here tho is we are still all unlocked from the last boss. And it doesnt feel right to have to run the entire raid over again. Please look into this.
    [IMG]

I will also comment on the backhand attack. This is a punishing mechanic. Which should not be happening. He kills players behind him with the attack and people who are literally on the complete opposite side of the room from him. If as a player we cannot even come close to targeting him how is he able to target us? And like ully said if a players cannot block through it and live how are we supposed to survive this? It sure seems like a luck based mechanic and i thought this game was moving away from random 1 shots?

Mepps also recently commented on "fine tuning" elite raid mechanics. Well this needs an adjustment. If i see the attack coming, react quick enough and block while im shielded and still die? It means the attack cannot be survived and its complete luck. If u guys are serious about fine tuning mechanics for elite content then this backhand attack needs to be looked at and adjusted.
    • Like x 2
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Glad to see there is a hotfix tomorrow for ultramans backhand attack. I guess the damage is being reduced. The range of this attack was what is actually causing the issue. Being hit by it from 30 or so meters away, basically on the other side of the room, seems very strange. Hope u guys also take a look at this too. Thanks for at least reducing the damage on it.

And the mines too. Last night i had 2 of em drop on my head and i did see them coming and unless im the flash i couldnt have reacted quicker yet i still died. Especially if they drop on u while u are stuck in the lasso which also happened to me last night.
  4. Ully Committed Player

Bug Report- In the Ultraman fight, the fire pools are spilling onto the entrance door. If you've wiped and if you're at the door, you'll take damage. I've also seen the occasional mine explode and the damage has transferred through the doors. Finally, since the patch, Ultraman's backhand attack has been inconsistent . On occasion, his backhand attack will KO players that are not in his immediate range.
    • Like x 2
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

Ultraman's backhand is still ridiculous. It makes sense to knockout someone who is not a tank but it still kills a tank, still has a dumb LARGE cone range and it still comes out of nowhere really.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So on tuesday the hotfix had this in it:
    • Fixed an issue where Ultraman's Backhand was doing too much damage.
    Sure doesnt seem like the damage was adjusted. That # in red in my chat in the pic below is my exact health #. And i was at least 20 meters from ultraman. Imo its false difficulty. The damage it does isnt even really the issue. Its the lack of a tell and the giant cone range of the backhand. #Punishing
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Backblock Well-Known Player

There is a tell for the backhand.
    Ultra swings his hand (look like 2x brawling melee tap)
    After that, he goes into the group or charges the tank and he will either stomp or use the backhand.
    Whoever spots that simply tells the group to block or a healer throws up an SC shield.
    Its not too much of a problem.

The OP backhand attack is similar to Supergirl in FOS SM, its nothing new to me.
    High damage and absurd range, only thing different about it here is the tell.
    Ultraman doesn't need a nerf at all.
  8. Ully Committed Player

I've ran all 3 iterations of FOS SM, so the mechanic isn't new to me or to some the other SM players here that have commented on Ultraman's attack. Ofcourse, SM isn't limited to only 1 rally, so in the context of Elite content, having an ability that is 1 shotting players from across the map seems a bit absurd to me. Also, I find that blocking through his backhand has garnered mixed results, as sometimes, the blackhand will completely KO a player even while blocking.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kestral Committed Player

Has anyone else noticed that the higher CR the group gets the more Ultraman fails to freeze the group? The Earth tanks immunity to the group is a known problem but are other players shields blocking this mechanic as well?
  10. Ully Committed Player

Bug Report: During the Ultraman fight, mines are spawning behind the door and exploding, KO'ing players that are by the doors.
    Also, after today's hotfix, I've noticed that Ultraman's encase ability is not consistently freezing players. It happened to me and another player in my raid group. Ultraman encased me, and within seconds, I was broken out.
  11. Kestral Committed Player

I'm not saying it wasn't a bug cause i've seen that happen with no discernible reason the group could figure out; but just to check did your group have an Earth Tank? Apparently they have a common immunity ability they can give to the group that definitely causes this problem as well which while a bonus everywhere else is a group wiper here.
  12. Ully Committed Player

It was an ice tank and he wasn't using his immunity.
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

A few things:

1. The mines and fire AoE in last boss can affect and damage players from the other side of the door if they have been knocked out and waiting close to the other side of the door. I'd guess this isn't intended.

2. I really wish there was a major feat for the elite version of this raid. QtQe is alright, but I'd love it if there was an elite version of say, the Ultra-Easy feat. Call it Ultra-Elite or something, with 50 feat points and maybe a title. Or at least a feat relating to last boss.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ully Committed Player

This will be my 3rd time reporting on the AoE's that are transferring behind the door. The fire pools and mines are damaging and even KO'ing players that are in the immediate vicinity of the door.
  15. Ully Committed Player

I ran elite today and the fire pools and exploding mines are still spilling over onto the hallways, during the Ultraman fight. If you've wiped during that fight and wait by the doorway in the hallway, the fire pools and mine can still hurt you.
  16. Kestral Committed Player

That's a good thing. Players who get knocked out early can stand by the door and lure mines and fire away from the group still fighting the boss.;)
    • Like x 1
  17. adrianmoreira New Player

I know this topic is not about that. But I would like to say that I find it unnecessary to take DCUO off the PS3 platform. And who can not afford a PS4? Are there people who have spent a lot of time on your PS3 account (like me) and are you going to get them to lose their accounts? I think this is wrong ... Because of this, they have lost another player, this is sad,
  18. Millbarge Developer

A PSN account is a PSN account. None of your DCUO accounts are lost.
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-changes-coming-to-playstation-3-2017

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

PS4 is way too cheap now. If you haven't gotten one yet then you're missing out. Sony even made them 100 dollars cheaper for the holidays. I got myself a PS VR now during these holidays. I had a PS4 for about 3-4 years now. I paid like 300 for mines. You can pay even less.
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Panopticon (Elite) difficulty wise is at is should be - but there are a few things in last boss that irk me, should the timings be in the right place.

For example:
    1. You're frozen by Ultraman, and then he does his laser. Just as he's about to laser towards you a series of mines spawn near you, ready to explode. The odds of surviving the laser and/or the mines are very slim (but doable in very specific circumstances, say if the mines spawn early or late enough for you to make a narrow escape and not be KO'd).
    2. Or as well as the mines, a fire AOE appears under your feet when you're encased in ice. So either you stay in the AoE to probably be KO'd or risk running like the wind to escape from laser in time, again is doable in specific circumstances in certain timings.
    3. You miss being frozen, but as you're trying to run away from laser Superwoman's lasso stuns you in time for the laser to KO you.

Is there any way of reducing the odds of the statue mechanics being in effect during the freeze/laser phase? Its more annoying and cheap one shots than something careful to avoid and necessary difficulty.

Overall the last boss is a fun and difficult-but-not-too-difficult boss fight. There's just one or two unfair moments should two mechanics overlap at certain times depending on your positioning and timing at that moment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.