Test Discussion Episode 30: Injustice System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello, all. Welcome to the official feedback thread for the Earth 3 Alert: Injustice System.

Please leave your feedback and bugs here and let me know what you like, dislike, is too hard, is too easy, etc.

Thanks and have fun undermining the "justice" system of Earth 3!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Oddity
    I joined a run that was at Owlman. When I went to explore the level, I noticed this computer was sitting in mid-air:
    [IMG]

I'm not sure if the desk had been destroyed previously or if it was like that. Anyways, I found it odd that the computer and papers were sitting in mid-air.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    On the Judge, Jury, and Executioner fight, would it be possible to automatically open any cells that are imprisoning players? I can see that being a big problem on PUG runs. On the PUG run I did, one person was imprisoned just as the bosses died. Two of my teammates immediately ran off to fight the next set of mobs. I just happened to notice player #4 needed to be freed.

I don't know if you can "Warp Rally" from the jail cell, but this could be a problem if you're in a group with a bunch of inattentive DPS and you happen to be the one imprisoned.
    • Like x 3
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I didn't receive a "Member's Reward" box upon completing the End-game version of the Alert.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

This is fixed internally already and will be pushed early next week to Test.
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Please post this in the loot issue thread. I'll let the systems guys know but this is their domain.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

The door objects can be destroyed from the inside of the cell, so as long as they are spawning correctly, anyone can free themselves OR a group member can use the access pad to unlock the cell.

I'll make sure the doors open after the bosses are defeated as an extra precaution and despawn the field in there that would keep people from warping to rally (but not very needed if the doors are open, I suppose. :p )
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Should it be possible to use Stealth/Invisiblity to sneak by the SWAT Drones in the end-game version of the alert?
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

You can physically avoid them by avoiding their cone of detection (you can sneak up pretty close behind them) and their pathing patterns. There is a feat for doing that. If Stealth/Invisibility works then that's fine. If it doesn't work and feedback is to allow it to work, I can look into it.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bad Grammar Alert
    [IMG]

That "of world" part at the very end doesn't make any sense in context. Maybe it was supposed to be "of the World"?
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    My group has combed this map thoroughly and haven't found #1 in the Grayson's Fate series. In the livestream, there was a briefing in the first big room on the side along the 2nd or 3rd floors. We're not seeing that briefing for the version of Injustice System that was released to Test.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Graphical Oddities

I noticed a couple of graphics oddities while looking the start of Injustice System.

#1. Something odd is going on with this ceiling texture at the top of the first large room:

It appears and disappears as I rotate the camera.

I have to say that particular section of ceiling looks rather bad the way half of it just disappears into the next ceiling tile section.

2. What is this thing inside the red circle?
    [IMG]

It doesn't appear to be a shadow. The same thing appears on the east side of the room.
  13. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

"Off". ;)
    Well spotted.
  14. Ron Solo New Player

Nature inconsistencies... if I attack a tech piece objective, say the perch for Owlman or the turrets in Rise of the Bat, I can only inflict weapon damage.... but if there is an NPC near the equipment then I can spread the dots onto the equipment and do damage. If I can damage it with DOTS, then I should always be able to damage it with DOTS.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Indeed. I'll let the writer know.
    • Like x 2
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll let the artist know.
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Objects can't be attacked the same way NPCs can. It's how the code works and we all wish it were different. I'll bug Tech about it again. The turrets in Rise of the Bat ARE NPCs however, so that's odd. I'll ask Systems about the Nature DOTS to make sure they're at least set up the way other DOTS are.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

Originally, #1 was outside on the Municipal Building but it has or will be moved inside. I believe the one up there where you saw it in the live stream got moved somewhere else in the map (Gordon's penthouse - far left room has one now and one got moved to the right hallway right after the lobby fight). If those aren't moved there yet, they will be soon next week in the next update.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

@Charon
    Would it be possible to get a list of the differences between the Event and End-game versions of the boss fights for the sake of playtesting?

I can't say I've noticed many differences in the actual boss fights between the two versions. The Owlman fight seems to play out the same way. The first room fight with the cops seems roughly the same. The general mayhem of the second fight makes it hard to tell.

I noticed the Event version lacks the SWAT Drones. Do the non-boss NPCs lack their skull attacks too?
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Audio Issues
    One of the issues with the second boss fight with the Judge, Jury, and Executioner is that there is too much overlapping audio. Unless you have subtitles enabled, it is really easy to miss some of them. Here is an example:

At 37 seconds, there is a part with "Suspect has been imprisoned. Abilities have been suppressed. Begin inmate processing."

I have never heard the actual audio for that line in any of my runs.

If the battle progresses far enough that the bosses start downloading powers, it is really hard to hear or see what unique powers are being used.

EDIT:
    At 57 seconds highlights one of the other issues I have with this fight. It is very difficult to see where the Executioner is pointing when he does his skull attack if there is a lot of Visual FX on screen. Since I couldn't which player he was targeting. I didn't realize he was targeting me until I saw the guillotine FX.

I'm not even sure what the Judge is doing at 1:11 with that attack.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.