Dev Discussion Episode 30: Injustice System (Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello, all. Welcome to the official feedback thread for the Earth 3 Alert: Injustice System.

Please leave your feedback and bugs here and let me know what you like, dislike, is too hard, is too easy, etc.

Thanks and have fun undermining the "justice" system of Earth 3!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Judge, Jury, and Executioner fight resets all of the mob groups in the previous hallways. So all of the guys you killed previously come back from the grave. I don't think that is intended.

Also, any NPCs you pull into the boss fight will continue to attack you after the cutscene.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've removed the reset functionality which was incorrectly calling all the basepop on the first floor and moved the trigger to start the camera halfway further into the courtroom.

NPCs that get pulled into a camera will swing at you but not do damage until the cutscene is over, this is expected behavior.

Thanks for the report!
    • Like x 2
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Those sound like reasonable changes. Thanks Charon.

The only other problem I keep running into with Injustice System is Owlman having blue immunity when he starts his skull attack. There isn't much that can be done about that one though with the way immunity works. You just have to pop a shield, block, and hope you live. His attack will follow you if you try to roll behind him.

I like the current version of the Judge, Jury, and Executioner fight. The bosses can be very deadly depending on the abilities they download.
  5. Ully Committed Player

Possible Bug- In the alert, my group attempted the 2nd part of the Drone Patrol feat, ( Avoid all drones ) and while we were successful at avoiding detection, the drone become active during the Owlman fight, which is strange, considering, the drone was in the hallway and not in the room. To my understanding, there aren't any drones in that fight. Unless there's something I'm missing. It was beyond frustrating to have our feat ruined by a bug.
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

There is a hole in the environment art that's causing the drones to be able to detect you. I'm putting up a temp fix while the Art team fixed the environment. Basically, an invisible object with collision that will patch the hole, in the short term. This will go up ASAP.
  7. Phoenixget New Player

In the Judge/Jury/Executioner....

I was "imprisoned" right as the last one died (judge?), when in the prison, there was no longer a healthbar, and no manual / external exit system, so I had no choice but to drop from the instance, no one else could figure a way out, either....
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

I have the doors open when the bosses are defeated but I think the timing can get off based on the counter for the Contempt ability firing off before the doors open. I'm putting a recycling timer that just opens the doors every 5 seconds (whether they're opened or closed) after the bosses are defeated.
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Just ran the Alert and after we wiped. Someone was still Jailed and ALL the Adds Respawned. Thought the Hotfix today remedied that?
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

It was fixed yesterday but there is a pipeline for things getting deployed Live. It should be in the next round, when you see notes for it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Hi. Sorry if this is in the process of being fixed. This bug happened to our alert run this morning on EU server (Fri 17th). We were a good way into the Owlman fight when the last drone must have passed by and activated a SWAT response.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Sadly, that fix wasn't in the hotfix today. That pipeline I quoted is usually a day behind. Various fixes should be going up tomorrow. I threw in invisible walls and moved the pathing nodes of the drone so it shouldn't go near that wall. The art itself will be fixed in the next client hotfix but my changes should address it before then.
  13. Ully Committed Player

Hey Charon, is this fix in place? Just wondering if I should attempt the feat today. Thanks
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

I think that one goes live tomorrow. It did not get into the fixes patched to Live today. I can confirm if it's in for you tomorrow morning.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

This won't be in until early next week. It was a combination of the pipeline of fixes and patches and one of the early fixes not addressing all cases. The newest fix places the drones nowhere near the wall with the faulty collision.

If you feel so inclined to try it again between now and the hot fix, you can stay on the ground and do ranged attacks at the gargoyles and stay away from that wall with the door you enter from.

Also, keep an eye on this forum for the actual notes when it goes live.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/live-update-notes.87/
  16. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

So this happened last night. Faced with overwhelming defeat, a corrupt GCPD officer in the Earth 3 alert employed a cheat to avoid our reach. We disbanded and restarted although allowing ourselves to die may have reset the fight as well.

[IMG]
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yeeeeah. No idea how that would happen but yes, resetting the fight would allow you to attempt it again and that cop would despawn.
  18. Sigeci Well-Known Player

Tried again this morning. Owlman was almost dead and the adds spawned right as the drone arrived at the door which set it off..even though we were on the opposite side of the room. Very frustrating as this has happened on 3 runs in a row now. I dont see how adds are setting off the drone.
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

This won't be in until early next week. It was a combination of the pipeline of fixes and patches and one of the early fixes not addressing all cases. The newest fix places the drones nowhere near the wall with the faulty collision.

If you feel so inclined to try it again between now and the hot fix, you can stay on the ground and do ranged attacks at the gargoyles and stay away from that wall with the door you enter from.

Also, keep an eye on this forum for the actual notes when it goes live.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/live-update-notes.87/
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

My guess is its because how adds seem to launch themselves like a bullet at players and sometimes ive seen them bounce all over as a result of doing this. Adds in the past used to lunge yes. But there was clearly a change made at some point. Almost every add in RwC was like this. Even from 15 meters away they would launch themselves at players and fly very far past us at times. Ive personally seen some adds launch and end up about 40 meters away from where they were originally at. It really seems wonky. Is it intended?

1 other thing ive noticed is my weapon attack hits not registering when owlman is on his perch and we are trying to knock him off. Ive had 1h, rifle, and handblaster attacks not register. Had my cam tilted up, had the perch targeted, and saw no damage and even had the group stop hitting it so it was only me and for a solid minute i attacked it and the health bar it has never moved.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.