Dev Discussion Episode 30: Gotham City of Earth 3 (Open World Missions)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

This thread is for feedback on the Open World missions in Earth 3's Gotham City. These missions are available for a limited time to any character level 10+, and will always be there for end game characters who own the episode. Please share feedback of your time in Gotham of Earth 3.

Thanks!
    Quixotic
  2. Charger New Player

Not going to lie, the Open world is easily my favourite part of this update! I don't post on here often but maybe I should.
    I watched the livestream and heard the map comes from the Alpha Open World of Gotham? Is there a way to bring this back onto the Gotham open world with new quests and content potential just reskinned to match the rest of the city? Most of Gotham is under bottles still and a lot of the space is filled up by Ops and so forth so it'd be nice to see a "normal" Gotham City segment expand the city now that I've seen this part of Gotham and love it!
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

i was running around the new open world map with a scanner
    and found everything but the *a hero's reward" investigation.
    i tryed to run every streed first from north to south and back,
    then again from west to east and back... i just couldn't find it!

QUESTION: could it be that the investigation is bugged,
    or could it be that it is it somewhere else???
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

there is one investigation in the duo, also there are a couple in the raids.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Am I the only person who finds the beam mission really annoying?

"YOU. SUCK. ULTRAMAAAAN!!!"

"I'd like to give Ultraman a piece of my mind"

"ULTRAMAN IS A BAADAAAASSSS!!!"

.....and so on and so forth......

I actually turn my volume down when I get this mission (even though it might of been fun to record lool). Even more annoying when they don't diss Ultraman and I have to find another civilian.

So, please can the mission be reduced to 4 instead of 6?
  6. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

The open world of Gotham is very nice. I think it's about the 4th or 5th version of Gotham you have. Generic Gotham (always night), Gotham Wastelands (eerie underworldish), Gotham Under Siege (greenish Amazonian), Gang War Gotham and now Earth 3 Gotham...which appears to be set either at dusk or dawn. I enjoy the dailies quite a bit and note you've set it so it's a bit easier to avoid accidentally aggroing nearby groups, which is good. (Gotham Wastelands could be a nightmare to navigate between separate combats.) I like it. Just never make a full daylight Gotham...everyone would go blind. :)
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is there any chance of some feats for open world?

Maybe a feat for completing each type of open world mission? (from Batman, WW and Cyborg)

And/or a feat/s relating to certain tasks, e.g..

No More Propaganda (10 points) - Complete 15 missions for Batman
    Quick Crime Takedown (10 points) - Defeat all 4 members of the Crime Syndicate within 30 minutes of each other
    Big Bother (10 points) - Destroy x amount of cameras near the Municipal Building
    Nexus Bots of an Alternate Reality (10 points) - Destroy x amount of Nexus Bots (the Cyborg mission with the mini-boss)
    Explore Earth-3 Gotham (10 points)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.