Dev Discussion Episode 29: Rise of the Bat (4-Player Operation)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

I can't reproduce this but I did just add a failsafe so that as long as the turrets are approached in order, Batwoman will auto complete the third turret and the Manbat fight will start. If she is getting stuck before the shield is taken down and the turret taken off line please let me know.
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Just had a run through of this alert on the Villains side, EU server.

Bug: Batwoman Turret Hacking issue
    We were helping Batwoman hack the turrets, but on the 3rd turret we she got knocked out and went down. I revived her, but after this, she refused to continue hacking the turrets.

We tried to do several things to fix it, including killing ninjas, clearing the Bat drones that try to damage her, wipe, leave the map, but none of these things fixed her.

Eventually she just stood still and refused to do anything.

Bug: No return teleporter
    It was during this that we discovered there is no way or Villains to return to the Operation, if they opt to leave it. There's no teleporter marked in the Hall of Doom and the usual teleporter which is used for Villains in operations wasn't lit up either.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

She was using standard iconic revive AI. She will no longer be able to be knocked out so she won't get loopy and forget what she was doing after a KO. Batwoman is badass enough to not get knocked out anyway, imo.

I'll look into the teleporter report. Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

She lunged a batdrone, fell off the platform and wouldn’t move. Had to disband. This is absolutely unacceptable. I already lost the whole morning because of your unannounced unexplained downtime.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Which turret was this? I'm adding the failsafe to all turrets now but wanted to make sure there wasn't an edge case that they will miss.

Was the turret shield up? Was the turret offline (KO'd twice - once for shield and once to bring offline)? Had the turret been rehacked and was attacking the Batcomputer shield and the drones were still there?
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I have not had the issue of Batwoman falling off, but I have had the issue of an enemy falling off. Thankfully, it didn't gate the instance. It was the middle one where he was knocked off. Since it's so closed to the edge, I can see Batwoman falling off that one.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It was the middle turret just as B surmised. It was after it was KO’d twice, we’d had to revive her just before we started attacking the turret.
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

There is a fix that's in the pipeline that makes it so she can't get KO'd to prevent just that. I'll find out when it hits live. It wasn't her falling off that caused issues, it was her AI resetting because she got revived. The fix was done internally on Thursday but it takes a few days to go through the process of getting to the live servers.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ok fair enough. Sorry I was a bit shirty earlier. But please I love DCUO so don’t ever gate an instance based on the actions of a NPC with A.I ever again! :p
  10. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

It will not be the first, nor the last.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

Oh, there have been lessons learned. Believe you me. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Ully Committed Player

I'm not sure if its been noted but there's an going issue during the 1st boss fight. The animation for the shield is very inconsistent. Sometimes its visible and other times, its not. And yes, I've checked my graphic sliders. The issue is not on my end.
  13. marsologe New Player

I have encountered an issue very often in this alert. As a gadgets player, the suppressor turret pet always stays stuck in some area and I need to summon it again. Example of places the turret gets stuck: outside dome final boss, laser corridors, start area at the Batcave, etc.
  14. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Can anyone tell me the one shot mechanic that the first boss has in this alert? There are times where he can instantly kill me and I don't know what it is. Not like I can check the combat log for it. It can only kill one person as I have seen others died from it too. You can always pick the person up who died afterwards though.

That why I can never tell what it is because when it happens, I get picked up and unable to check my combat log to see the description of the attack knocking me out. Whatever it is, it can take out anyone with 33000 or possibly more. I think Tanks are strong enough to survive it. As I seen tanks health drop below near death or about below 35%.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a poison gas bomb aoe. Pop a shield or roll out of it when you see a bullseye under/above you. He also puts a CC on you that prevents you from rolling/moving, it has a light blue sphere animation on your chest/back.
  16. Kestral Committed Player

The CC seems to be because you hit his shield. So if you breakout after your first hit just know the onshot is coming in a few seconds start moving.
    Also it tends to focus the healer only for this attack. I've almost never seen it aim for anyone else unless there is a tank...then it might aim for him once.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

One time, a security guard NPC followed us all the way to the boss. He stayed by the door and took the smoke bomb for us. He was the real MVP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.