Dev Discussion Episode 29: Rise of the Bat (4-Player Operation)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello, all. Welcome to the official feedback thread for the 4 player Operation: Rise of the Bat

Please leave your feedback and bugs here and let me know what you like, dislike, is too hard, is too easy, any batty behavior, etc.

Thanks and have fun storming the... "unknown location".
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Overlong, too many adds, aggressively unfun, broken section in the Batcave in which the drones won't stop spawning...

Very, very disappointed in this alert and can't imagine running this on a regular basis :(
  3. xSkyAndSeax New Player

My friend and I just left the alert because of this as well, as Batwoman wasn't in the middle section when the torrent was disabled, she was on the other side..
    • Like x 1
  4. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

There's a torrent? Now we know how Brainiac used the OMAC virus!
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

It was kinda monotonous but not too bad. 1 heal 2 dps & troll pug group
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I imagine its a fun alert with a healer but unfortunately I got stuck trolling it with 3 dps so I spent most of my time trying to keep them alive.
  7. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Batwoman occasionally gets stuck on the wrong turret which prevents progression in the alert. You should have her follow a group member or reset if you wipe or target the turret the group is. Some safety measures to prevent her from attacking the wrong turret.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aetrius Well-Known Player

We played through this twice today, and it bugged both times on the turrets in the Batcave. The 2nd turret is invulnerable, and the drones kept spawning. The first time through, it eventually unstuck, after we had cleared everything in the bottom for the feat, we went back to the top and were able to progress. The second time it never updated after we destroyed the first turret, and we eventually had to just leave the alert.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've lowered the number of enemies within each instance of basepop and reinforcements in both maps of the operation.

I've put blinders on Batwoman so she'll only see each turret at a time when it's time to take them out. This way she won't get distracted kicking ninja butt or other shiny turrets.
    • Like x 2
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm wondering if the Ninja, Ninja, Ninja, Man-Bat, Man-Bat! feat is working properly. Our group killed four waves and four "Elite" guards before we killed Man-Bat. The feat didn't pop though.
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Can you guys look at the restoration cap in this alert?

I ask this because I battle healed the new alert for all feats. My might as a battle healer is 15300s and rest is 9300s. In the alert it said my rest was around like 6000-6500s? Is this bugged? I have a video if you need proof. I'll have to upload it later today. When I left the alert, my rest was normal again at 9300s.

I think something is wrong here.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

wtf happened , since last hotfix premade groups cant enter the alert , keep crasing with error 0x002F
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

This alert is a nightmare to pug the gas is a big problem also it's too many adds for an alert .
    • Like x 1
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Sometimes a 4th elite guard is not showing up so the feat is impossible. We stand around waiting and waiting with manbat at about 2-3% health and the guard never appears.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

This sounds like a client error. Is it still happening? Does this happen with other alerts/queued content?
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

Feel free to inbox the video to me if this is still happening. I can have the systems guys look into it.
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

I can't reproduce this. Is the Feat showing up as content to be completed and just hasn't? No one was able to get it in that run? Have you since then?
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll see if I can get better messaging in the future but for now, what I think may be happening is that one of Talia's guard groups are being defeated on the walkway around the Bat Computer. If it has Talia's this or that in the name, defeating any of those groups completely will take away one of the Elites. To get all 4 Elites then all of those named guards have to be left alone (or at least not completely wiped out as a group).
  19. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Batwoman glitches out and wouldn't activate the final turret even after the hotfix.

This is easily the most aggravating alert in years if not ever. Extremely unhappy about this. The effort/ time vs reward is very out of whack here.
    • Like x 1
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

that issue got hotfixed already, thx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.