Dev Discussion Episode 28: War-Torn Village

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

1st of all I was right, something was going on. More ads does = More damage. (Im not totally convinced all of my problems were extra spawn related but maybe)

2nd of all I made a post days before this talking about how much fun I think that NW corner/spy area is when u Duo it for 411. Just back to back killing off endless waves of enemies. Thats the kind of intensity I like.

I'd totally be in favor of having massive amounts of ads or insanely fast respawn times. You just have to rebalance damage out on enemies if you do that. Alpha strikes from 4-5 ads at once is not fun for solo. Applied Science from Starro ring any bells?
    • Like x 1
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea they are spawning faster. And it can be fun. But not if u get killed quickly :p I was 199 and got taken down pretty fast at times.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Random question. Why is Black Adam walking around in here? It kinda seems unnecessary, he isn't featured otherwise in the content, and has new dialogue/VO when he's walking around.

Maybe he was meant to have a bigger role but got cut from the final version of the episode?
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

He used to be a member of the JSA. Since we're traveling back in time, at that point in time, he was still a member. He's more of a flavor thing than anything related to playable content.
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Are those iconics wandering the keep supposed to attack any bounty bosses and/or savage spies they encounter? Because some do and others don't. Also the ones that do attack won't do so every time.
  6. Ashrod New Player

hello, since the prewiew from tornwar village is over, where can i spend the marks of that episode?
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

A vendor is being added to the Watch Tower and Hall of Doom - Soon ™
    • Like x 1
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

No to the spies and probably to the bounties. We'll look into making it more consistent.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don't think there's any harm in letting them attack stuff, even if they do literally no damage it still looks much better than having them walking around completely oblivious.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

While we're on the subject, most of the Lanterns wandering around Mogo are interactable with to get dialogue, just as the wandering Lanterns in the Watchtower are. It would be nice to see the same touch with the iconics in the Village and Area 51, just for quality of life/immersion/fun.

And incredibly trivially, the only Lantern in Mogo who doesn't have lines is Kilowog. It would be lovely if you gave him some and made him interactive.

Interactivity and talking NPCs are always good.

I recognize that these are low priority things at best. Thanks for listening.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.