Dev Discussion Episode 28: War-Torn Village

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hey, gang! This is the official thread for any feedback and bugs for the War-Torn Village.

A couple notes:

• This is a clamped zone.
    • This will be open to all players initially, with or without the DLC and as with Starro, level 10 or higher can get in and play around.
    • We need feedback on a wide range of character levels so please play as level 10-30s and your normal higher CR characters as we'll be trying to find the balance of enjoyment and difficulty for all of the above.
    • Most of the Designers had a hand in building this so you'll see all of us respond here if it relates to our content.
    That's it! Have fun and enjoy the unique setting in DCUO.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Is it intended for the Bounties to 1 hit you everytime you get hit by them? I kinda find it to be inconvenient.

Another problem I have with the Bounty system is that you won't get credit if you aren't in the group, I can do alot of damage to someone like Ultra Humanite but It didn't give me credit towards the weekly.
  3. Vicious Well-Known Player

Is this feat bugged or do you need to be on a specific mission to get it? I see the Blackhawks standing near chemical barrels all over the place but I can't interact with them in any way.
  4. TLantern Developer

For the Blackhawk Wingman feat, you need to have the mission "Strolling Through the Gas" in order for them to start interacting with the barrel. When you successfully protect them you will get credit toward the feat.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Is it intended that you need to kill 4 different bounties for the mission that randomly spawn 1 at a time instead of just killing any single one of them? I mean it makes sense to kill all of them for the feat, but not so much for the mission.
    They do have a ton of health as well, and as far as I remember the mission is supposed to be for 4 players group, according to the icon.
    I can confirm that, it is pretty unlikely to get a credit for bounty if you're not int the group - I've redone same bounty like 4 times before I managed to get into the group and get a credit.
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I like the map a lot. Reminds me of places near my home. Without the war, though.

I like the mission where you disguise yourself as one of Von Savage's troops and then you have to salute the lieutenants before they become suspicious of your presence.

I'm a fan of the bounty, too. It feels like a bounty, rather than something which can be overwhelmed by a couple of us. I'm not at all a fan of the location that was chosen to stage the battle, though. The area is far too small and cramped. It becomes unplayable once people start spamming all their different powers, with the effects stacking on top of each other and if people spawn their pets.

I think a much better area for the bounties would be outside, where the Ultimate Soldier final boss fight takes place. There doesn't seem to be much going on in that area, otherwise, and it'd be ideal to avoid the cramped conditions you face when a ton of people spawn in.
    • Like x 3
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

The bounty really needs to be looked at. I gave some feedback on this and of course players are now complaining about the same stuff i said would be an issue. The small area is very frustrating. People group up in front of the door and u cant get in :confused: If u do get it in and get too close to any of em at 190cr or lower you're going down if they hit ya once or twice. The bounty can also attack people who just run by the door even tho the bounty is at the other end of the hallway. I watched this happen to someone today with eclipso.

Plus when compared to the bounty in area 51 its not even close. Those spawn more it seems and being outside is much better to move around and see. Grundy jumping around in that hallway can be a nightmare. I watched people get annihilated earlier. And there have been a ton of people reporting getting credit while in a group and not in a group. Havent seen anyone report anything like that with area 51 bounty.
    • Like x 1
  8. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

Can't complete missions.
    It says to complete missions for Lady Blackhawk, Commander Pearce, and Savage Defector, But when I finish them there is no way to actually complete them.
    When I went back to these characters the exclamation point shows that I can't get them again unless I replay badge them.
    And there is nothing showing that they have indeed been completed.

So I go back in today and now I can get the missions again, but they never showed completed yesterday.
    Which of course means I didn't get my loot, right?
  9. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Possible bug - defeated Grundy on my villain and somehow did not get credit for the feat even though I did get credit towards the mission.
  10. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I kinda preferred it when this area had 3 solo dailies. I could forgive the Area 51 solos being cut (in part because imo they were less interesting), but I don't think culling the solos in both open worlds was completely necessary.

I'd compromise at having another solo back for the Village area so you get 2 daily solos from here per day (without replaying).
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I feel like some of the bounties in the little room are way too aware. If I even walk past the room and for example Eclipso is in the room right at the back of that room I'll get hit and likely one shot by his AOE attack. After which he'll disappear, much to the annoyance of people running the bounty mission.

If possible please can the bounties be a little less aware.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Usually for this, same with the TMI 410 mission, players tend to form groups for it to speed the process up.
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I also agree with everyone who is saying the bounty should be moved out of that little room over to the area where you fight Ultimate Soldier in the US 8 man operation. It kinda makes more sense imo.
    • Like x 1
  15. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Can someone please explain what happened with the latest hotfix? I did my runs today of the War-Torn Village, and rather than getting 3 dailys (from Lady Blackhawk, Savage Defector and Allied Commander Pearce) I only got one from Lady Blackhawk.

What's the go?!?
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Not sure if a sound bug but I notice when you go right to the edge of the map (near where you battle Ultimate Soldier) some other music starts playing. Notice it also during the mini-cutscene when Ultimate Soldier says "All will fall" in the raid.

Seems odd as I only hear it at this particular part of the very edge of the Village map.
  17. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

The ceiling for the zone is too low. As an acrobatic character, I like to be able to scamper across rooftops. The village feels more like an underground tunnel system than an open air village. Hanging in mid-air on the artificial ceiling is immersion-breaking.

It would also be nice if the village was actually much bigger, even if there were no mobs or content related placements in the empty space. Central City has always had corners that may have only been eye-candy but that made the zone feel more real.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Just had the assist blackhawk mission. Me and a league mate spent 10 mins running through the area they spawn in and not 1 to be found. We both relogged and they finally appeared. Ive had the mission before and never had any problem finding em. Seems wonky.

Also idk what is going on with the portal. Im in war torn and queue for something and once i finish an alert or raid it puts me in the watchtower. Or thesmyrica command post. Different places in the WT too. Sometimes its the basement and other times the magic or meta wing.
  19. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

June 6th hotfix says you fixed bounties giving out credit?? I dont think so...

I succesfully helped kill Grundy twice and got not credit after that hotfix. Twice more grundy has wiped a group and disappeared or wiped an individual and then disappeared.

Whats the point of 1 hit KO's? That makes healers worthless. Why cant they do 50-90% damage and give people and healers a chance?
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

So took these screenshots this morning when doing the war torn bounties. And these pics have the UI turned off. So imagine all the names in blue too. This is what the bounty has turned into. Cant even see whats going on most of the time and everyone clumps up in the doorway for some strange reason. I have no clue why people block the doorway. It makes no sense imo. Anyways i really hope u guys reconsider putting this bounty in the area where we fight the ultimate soldier. Tell me, can anyone even spot the boss in either pic? Or say which one we are fighting? :p

[IMG]
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.