Dev Discussion Episode 28: War Crimes (4-Player Operation) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to the feedback thread for the War Crimes 4-player operation!

Per Degaton is stealing modern technology and taking it to the past to aid Baron Von Savage during World War II. Rip Hunter and Vandal Savage have determined where Per Degaton will hit next which gives you a chance to stop him.

- Quixotic
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So the find 9 things or whatever the feat is for this alert. 2 different runs we only found 7 and the feat still popped. And we spent a lot of time searching and just finally went to the boss. Other runs we did find 9 and the feat popped. Not sure if this is a bug with only getting 7 and the feat pops. The description says 9.

On the 1st boss there is an area between the shelving units on the east side of the room where no adds spawn at all. Fight there and feat pops. Seems kinda easy tbh. Also the last boss feat. If an ankh appears on 1 side of the room the group fights on the other side and u get the feat. I did multiple runs where we got all 3 feats in 1 run. I understand u guys wont make alerts challenging but couldnt the feats have some slight difficulty? Plus the feats in the other alert seem a little more challenging.

I will say i like the eclipso fight. Hes a favorite character of mine so it was cool to see him. I like the purple pulsing wave too but i think it should do a little more dmg. Love the ghosts he spawns.

The 2nd boss we noticed in multiple runs using different powers that sometimes attacks werent hitting. For example geiger blast, did the 1234 and no #s appeared over fate when doing geiger sometimes. Saw the same with mental and mass terror. Not sure why this is happening.
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

WC Glitched today at last Boss.
    Per Degaton appeared, but no cut Scene.
    Since there was no Cut Scene, there was no last battle.
    Group had to Disband and Replay.
  4. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the feedback!

The "Technology Update" (Heroes) and "Just a Bauble or Two" (Villains) feats require a count of 9. The count is shared in the instance, so could someone else have recovered one of the items and missed counting it? Regardless, I'll take a look and see if anything of the logic could be off. I'll also take a look into that safe spot in the first boss fight and see if I can make some adjustments to keep it interesting.

For the Ankh feat, the challenge in that feat is not intended to be about avoiding the Ankhs but in dealing with the damage from the Curse of Darkness that you're not using the Ankhs to cleanse. Sounds like the damage from the Curse of Darkness is not dangerous enough (this is the purple pulsing wave).

I don't know why some of your attacks wouldn't hit Doctor Fate (the 2nd boss), but I can look into it. I remember making a healing field for him, but I don't remember if he has a shield that might absorb or negate damage.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  5. Quixotic Developer

That's not good. I'll see if I can find what would cause that to happen. Or not happen actually.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

When the door open I lunged in, but I don't think that caused the issue.
  7. Quixotic Developer

I think I found the cause. The volume that triggers the cutscene is a huge sphere and extends through the door just enough that someone could trigger it before the door opens. If that gets triggered too soon, the cutscene won't play and then everything falls apart. It might even be a bit of a race condition as the door opens. Definitely something I can fix, though I don't know the time frame on getting it into a hotfix. Until then, avoid the door into the final boss until after it opens and I think you'll be okay.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Thanks!
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

So i can give more details. We did 2 runs where we had all 4 people on voice and were counting each 1 that was grabbed. We searched and searched. Spent about 15-20 mins searching in each run. Only found 7 but feat still popped. We then did another run where we had 7 again but it didnt pop. I did a run today where we did the feat for someone and we got 9 and it popped. Next run i do where we try for the feat ill pay close attention and see what happens.

That safe area for the 1st boss fight is safe but the adds are hitting ya from across the room. U get juggled and knocked down and all of that. So the fight itself isnt super easy, id say the feat is. Cause if ya all stand there and get the boss in the same area, which isnt hard to do, then you're never in danger of killing 1 of those adds. Hope thats more clear.

The ankh thing well u can get pushed back pretty far. But ive noticed if he spawns it on say the right side of the room the group just needs to move to the opposite side and face the ankh and there really is no way u get pushed into it. The 1st few runs i was waiting for him to spawn a 2nd one on the opposite side. It felt like the longer ya take to kill eclipso another ankh should spawn up. Might make the doing the feat a little more interesting.

The purple wave dmg seems ok but a slight increase i dont think is going to cause people to struggle. I ran it a few more times today and it all depends on the cr of the person. Above 192 it doesnt seem to hit that hard. I think once ya hit a certain cr you're not seeing it hit that hard. Obviously the revamp would change that. Btw we have been doing all runs as 3 dps 1 heal. I like this alert, besides the reused map but we all know thats gonna happen for some instances so not a huge thing. Thanks for the reply :)
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I had this issue today as well.
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Would it be possible for 2nd boss to only put the barrier up when the Doctor Fate fight actually starts rather than when you just speak to him. Seems silly imo.

Also can we get the loot after Doctor Fate is defeated and not after the cutscene following.
    • Like x 1
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Some very bad lag going on in this alert today. Our entire group was getting it every 30 seconds from the dr fate fight on. Freezing and all powers staying red. Obviously not on our side when its a pug group of 4 random players and we are all experiencing the same thing.
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This isn't so much of a bug, just something to watch out for. Sometimes adds can glitch into some of the objects in the Warehouse part of this 4 man operation. The problem may resolve itself, but I can see it being an issue preventing players from progressing further.

For me an add glitched into a nearby canister near one of the time portals in the room before first boss. It seemed to glitch back out again and reset after. But just to monitor this in case.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

See my review in the SJ thread. Same thing applies to this alert. Overall difficulty is horrible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.