Test Discussion Episode 28: War Crimes (4-Player Operation) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Hello and welcome to the feedback thread for the War Crimes 4-player operation!

Per Degaton is up to no good...stealing modern technology and funneling it into the past. Rip Hunter and Vandal Savage have determined where Per Degaton will hit next which gives you a chance to interfere with his plans!

- Quixotic

Known Issues:
    • Feats not yet available
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

1st Boss: Not sure but Infantry is hitting extremely hard. I don't know if intended as compared to the Grenadier who feel "normal". Infantry does multiple 4-6k dmg ticks in rapid succession (equal to a one-shot) while also stunning and juggling that player so its unlikely to counter that dmg with a simple block as well as a single multi-tick attack of one Infantry knocks out the healer regardless of heal and shield spamming. I do have a recording but unable to upload before tomorrow and just wondering if there is a mechanic from our side missing (cant even kill them before they wipe the group) or a bug behind all that.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They only fire in a straight line. So I'm pretty sure you need to take out 1 only and hide in his space. But they respawn very quickly so you don't have much time to damage the boss. Gonna keep checking.
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

Full run of the operation with no commentary just pure ingame voices and sounds + subtitles. For those who cant join test but want to experience the content before it goes live.

This was the run I got shown how ppl deal with the Infantry currently. I'm not happy with basically just using a small corner in such a hugh room cause of the hugh dmg sponge the infantry causes. Maybe its the idea behind it or not so I think it should be worth a look into the video material and verify if its what the team intended with or not.
    • Like x 3
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Just to echo the feedback everyone else is giving, those Infantry guys kill you very quickly with a rapid succession of large damage ticks if you're in the line of fire. If you're standing in the wrong place when they spawn, you're dead. About the only thing you can do is hide in the corner of the room. I don't feel like that is the intent of the fight here.
    • Like x 2
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Would it be possible to get some repair bots placed in the Warehouse and Sentinels of Magic base? Going back to Watchtower to repair isn't much fun.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I feel like there might be a mechanic we're missing though. I'd like to keep running it to see if there's any kind of trick. Does having a tank make a difference? Can they be stunned? Do the grenadiers hit for less or more? Does then infantry spawn at certain time intervals or when Baron what's his name gets to a certain damage point? I'm wondering all of these things, but had a ton of work this weekend so haven't been able to test a second time yet.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

I had a feeling this kinda stuff would happen and i spoke up about it before. The we are going away from 1 shots but instead we have enemies that do rapid attacks that are so fast and do so much dmg that it might as well be a 1 shot. I hope this is either fixed or change. Because its essentially the same thing, a 1 shot, but just doing it another way.
    • Like x 2
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Here is what I've observed so far:
    • Infantry are immune to crowd control effects and pulls.
    • Grenadiers aren't nearly as dangerous as Infantry.
    • I believe Savage Captain Merzen summons Infantry and Grenadiers based on his health stat. That would be in keeping with other boss fights in the game.
    • Looking at my video clips, the order of the spawn Infantry location appears to be randomized. The Infantry all appear along the length of the south wall, but the order in which they show up is random.
    • Tanks are unable to pull the Infantry.

One thing I haven't been able to try is having the tank stand directly in front of an Infantry NPC and the rest of the group line up on the opposite side of the tank. I'm curious as to whether the tank would absorb all of the damage or if the rest of the group would take damage too.

My impression is that the attack values for the Infantry are not correct. The Infantry should be a punishing mechanic, not a OHK mechanic. That means that an Infantry solder should take off a non-trivial amount of health with a rifle volley, but you shouldn't die outright to it from full health.
    • Like x 3
  10. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the feedback!

It sounds like the infantry is doing more damage per tick than desired. Recently during internal testing, they were not much of a threat. I made some changes, but I think those changes cranked up their damage output too much. I'll take a look.

I'll also add a repair vendor in each location.

- Quixotic
  11. Life Caster New Player

This alert is the only challenging content out there right now alert wise. It's beatable so why nerf it. If this alert gets nerfed its just gonna ruin it. Why play if everything will get nerfed to where its not challenging. Also where not even the intended cr and its beatable so imagine a nerf not satisfactory.
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

If you are not the intended CR you wouldn't be able to enter it. It's a normal (repeat normal not elite) daily alert with entry CR of 186 and for that it will be perfectly fine for the average player.
  13. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

I wouldn't say it's a nerf when the originally intended mechanic was not supposed to hit that hard in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  14. Quixotic Developer

The mechanic for the infantry in that fight is intended to be a "quickly move out of their line of fire" thing. It should be threatening enough that you want to move out of it as fast as possible and avoid moving into the line of fire of the next one. It shouldn't just instantly kill you.

I'm thinking of adjusting the infantry to do about 5% of your health every quarter second. That means they do about 20% of your health every second and will kill you in about 5 seconds if you don't move.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 4
  15. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Sounds more then fair. If some Muppet can't move their feet within 5 seconds to avoid dying then they should just uninstall the game. In fact, have a sarcastic feat pop called the uninstaller.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Damage of infantry seemed good to me testing at CR 190 (took about 1/4 health per second, so I was able to move) but since most people were testing at 201, they could stand right in front of the infantry and just keep burning the boss no problem. We ran 3 dps 1 heal which is what I think most groups will be doing from the start. I don't think there's anything else you can do to the infantry's damage, because if you make it more punishing for 201, it will probably be too strong for 190.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Also, I noticed that there was no longer any bonus choices available when claiming loot like in the other alert. Is this intended? I only received the option to choose between a focusing element and a generator mod at first boss, no additional box besides that. Same at second boss, but the choices were between 2 types of gear there. No additional box, no additional choosing screen. Not sure if this is a bug.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.