Dev Discussion Episode 28: Ultimate Soldier (8-Player Operation) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Tonight we had a issue summoning the Temporal Commander. We called him out and can see him standing next to the Ultimate Soldier but as soon as we stepped into the bubble and triggered the cut scene the Commander was gone.

We've Summoned him other times and this didn't happen but tonight it did and it really stinks to have him disappear especially cause he can't be summoned again :(
    • Like x 1
  2. Millbarge Developer

We checked in a change that will allow him to be summoned every time. It will go out to the Live Servers soon™.
    I'll take a look to see why he despawned on you.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  3. Domi Well-Known Player

In both elite raids my watcher, as a Sorcery Healer, is not working correctly. A friend of mine told me to come to the forums about. ( I had sent in a support ticket and they told me to post it on the bugtracker website, which I did but nothing has been done, so that is why I am here. ^^ )

Issue: Watcher not healing properly in US Elite and JFA Elite.
    Problem: When you hit Ritualistic Word it is not giving the watcher it's proper amount of power. Thus rendering the watcher useless as it will not throw out heals without power. Literally gives a sliver of power and that is it. The watcher works perfectly fine in US Reg and JFA Reg.
    • Like x 1
  4. Millbarge Developer

Have you experienced this recently? We fixed this issue back on the 6th of June.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-june-6th-2017.287605/
    Age of Justice

8 Player
    • NPCs - Stats - Elite NPCs now have proper Crowd Control resists.
    • Player pets should now properly use Power in Elite instances.
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sorry for double posting (thread in general) I forgot about this thread. I just wanted to see if it's at all possible to eliminate the bubble around the final boss or make it larger to allow for wider camera angles. It's extremely difficult to tank, not because the mechanics are hard but because standing towards the edges of the field suddenly smooshes the camera up into your face. You have to do this to keep the boss turned away from the group, but it doesn't let you see when adds spawn or anything else for that matter.

All I'm asking for is a wide-angle view from the back seid of the field.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Thats awesome, Thanks!!!!

And like i said on the summoning thing it didn't happen other times but other times we might have triggered the cut scene to the final boss before we summoned him. Maybe if you summon him without stepping into the bubble first thats when it happens. Not sure but if your trying to recreate it try without triggering the cut scene first.

If i run into the issue again i'll let you know specific details on it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Domi Well-Known Player

Yes, I was in US Elite and JFA Elite the night before last night (June 27th) and was experiencing the issue I mentioned above.
    I understand the pet healing properly is what was fixed. The issue at hand right now is that Ritualistic Word isn't giving the Watcher the power it is suppose to.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

So finally was able to get a league run together today to try the ultimate victory feat. We left parbat open and fought grundy and soldier at the end. And boy it was fun. Not crazy hard but certainly engaging. We definitely need more of this choose your path/difficulty stuff. I hope u guys incorporate this into more raids in the future. Every episode should have at least 1 raid with a choose your path option imo.
    • Like x 1
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi there , is it intended for Gentleman Ghost to reflect some of the damage of the DPSes to the tank?
    this is the 2nd time it happens to me
  10. Domi Well-Known Player

Yes, he gains a shield of reflection. This is intended.
  11. Domi Well-Known Player

Any word yet on the Watcher?
  12. Maxwill Committed Player

I know he gets a shield reflect but the reflection transported the damage dpses were doing , on me the tank...The reflection should reflect the damage to the ones that were doing damage , not to me the tank.
  13. Domi Well-Known Player

It reflects to whoever Ghost is targeting. Sometimes it is the tank, sometimes a healer, etc.
    • Like x 1
  14. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Hi, I know this is a longshot, but does anyone have any info on Ultimate Soldier's healing mechanic in US elite during the fight when only the Gentleman Ghost timeline is closed? I get that this is the Lazarus effect from not closing the Nanda Parbat timeline, but I am wondering how exactly this is counteracted. The troll healing debuff seems to have zero effect during the short period where Ultimate Soldier buffs/heals. As a result the Ultimate Soldier heals completely back up, and we're right back where we started.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.