Dev Discussion Episode 28: Ultimate Soldier (8-Player Operation) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Killjoy :p
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Say what? I had no idea this was a thing, never done survival. Do tell ^^
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

He pops a grey shield. It's essentially reflect but the damage reflected is focused onto one person.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Right. that explains a lot. Urgh wish there was some clue to this ingame. Maybe we could have like a bestiary feature someday?
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

Perhaps you could use the 'damage in' option in chat? ;)
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have it, but it's no good if I'm not the one being targeted.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Or they could just make the shield show every time its happening.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea this is some major cheese. People will do anything to avoid not paying attention to a mechanic so they dont have to stop 1234. Its sad imo. U know the super easy way to do this fight? Block when he has a skull and block when he points. And try not to be the farthest person from em. But see doing that means people have to stop and move or stop and block. And oh we cant have any of that. It would affect the damage #s on the scorecard that doesnt even tally em up correctly. U mean the scorecard isnt correct? How will everyone know how OP i am then? :rolleyes:
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

So i have to ask, is your name QuitMyPants now? :p Joking btw.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If anyone wipes on the last boss in elite and the bubble stays up if everyone goes in one of the side portals and waits 10 min the final boss room will reset and you will be able to go back in and fight the boss without starting the raid over. Thought i'd share that to help people out till theres a real fix for it. it stinks you have to wait 10 min but its better then starting the raid over.

Another thing, why does this boss fight get so laggy? Adds and the boss will be teleporting and falling through the floor like crazy lol. This should be looked into cause in elite it sucks to get killed by a add thats teleporting all over and your one life gets wasted by some random stuff.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mighty Committed Player

This. The last two nights we were in US elite, the final boss fight gets increadibly laggy, to the point that tank pulls throw ads across the map, to the point that ads will fall through the floor or teleport across the screen as tanks lose aggro and hits from powers/weapons occasionally fail to register. It doesn't happen to us in regular, just elite it becomes a total sh-- show just a few minutes into the fight.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

In GU72 patch notes, it says this will be cross-faction. Isn't this an 8 man operation? Thought operations are unlikely to ever be cross faction.

I'm gonna guess Mepps meant Justice for All. Either ways it'd be good if someone confirmed and/or fixed the typo if it is a typo.
  13. Millbarge Developer

It will not be Cross-Faction at this time - we were investigating what it would take to make it cross faction and that note slipped out.
    There are a couple of remaining issues that we need to see if we can resolve first but it is our hope that some operations can be made Cross-Faction.

Apologies for the confusion.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 4
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

i like your sign, its an eye catcher
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ is why imo the 2 death thing is silly.
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

What's the point on having the op back but ONLY 1 CHANCE to get the extra loot? :(
  17. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi there...I have to say something about the extra boss in elite raid having the back.

Having the op items and having the CHANCE ONLY 1 TIME to use it to get the extra boss , doesn't make me feel like I should get the op item, doesn't encourage me to have the op back.It would be nice if you guys let us be able to spawn the extra boss each time, not just once.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

So i think the spawn rate of adds in the village is affecting the end of this raid, because we are in the village during last boss. Was just in a run where tons of adds kept coming. Portal would open 3 adds come out and 2 seconds later another portal would open and 3 more come out. At 1 point we wiped and there was 15 adds on the screen. This definitely wasnt happening the last few weeks. Not that many adds.
  19. recoil Committed Player

that applies to healers. great job (sarcasm.) 1. heals keep a healer pretty immobile, 2. healer has to be farthest out to avoid damage.
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Something like that happened in a group i was in. There were a lot of adds spawning in the last boss. And we only miss one soldier during the Grundy fight.
    I was tanking the last boss and was like "ok...here comes the adds" so i pull we start to burn and then...BAM!! another portal, i was like "wtf?!!" pull and while we were burning them another portal with more adds. We had almost 3 sets of adds at the same time. All hell broke loose and on top of that, a Bomb dropped on my head, one shotting me. Lucky enough i got picked up fast and we didnt wipe. But definetly there was something wild going on in there.
    Not even doing the Ultimate Victory without closing any Time Line had that many adds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.