Dev Discussion Episode 28: Ultimate Soldier (8-Player Operation) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Ultimate Soldier Operation. Feel free to post any feedback, suggestion, or issues you come across.

I will check this thread periodically and update this post with any updates.

Updates:
    • Found how the Ultimate Soldier was introducing latency into the fight in order to guarantee his victory - fix has been submitted internally.
    • Arc Arm tell incoming.
    • Removed some environment fires to help with Strafing Run not appearing.
    *note*: The above changes may not be Live. Please watch the patch notes for more information.

-Millbarge
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

How did no one catch that the adds can swarm the spawning area?
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is there any way of making it clearer on what causes the sudden electric attack? On several occasions in my group we started the fight with Ultimate Soldier and he'd one shot half the group almost immediately after the fight started with his electric attack.

It just seems sudden and like a cheap one shot attack for me atm.

BTW great job on this raid, very layered, and some of those feats (like Elite Victory) will be challenging for a good while to come. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Perdition Committed Player

Is the last boss supossed to be 1-shot central? People are not even started and poof one-shots everywhere. Its the electric attack that does it. But we see no skull beforehand to block. What i can see as a tell so far is that he puts up his hand in the air. But by the time hes done that, the attack is out. No time to block or react to it. I would also like to note that the airstrikes are not always showing up. Might be due Lagg.
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

That can happen in a lot of places.

It won't 1shot you after 192/193 cr. It's a CR check. Until then, just do pickups and or block when the instance starts.
  6. Perdition Committed Player

wouldn't it be easier to just give that attack a skull tell? so we can block it and that we are not locked behind the CR differential?
  7. gr0m Active Player

Everyone always wants easy… just gear up or pick up, its not a hard fight.
  8. gr0m Active Player

Last boss's like room barrier catches people standing on or near it when fight starts. Stuck in combat can't warp can't hit boss can't be hit by boss and can't wipe
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

There doesnt seem to be a tell at all when he does this. How are people supposed to even try and block to survive if ya cant see this attack coming at all? Maybe there is a tell but i didnt see one at all.

I see it being said its a cr check. Its weird to me that dps checks are pretty much gone these days, and raids can be beaten in 10-15 mins on day 1 but then 1 boss has a cr check. Im not against it. Not saying nerf it either. It just seems odd.
    • Like x 1
  10. Perdition Committed Player

did i ask for a nerf? No. i'm asking if there is a tell to it, if not apply one. a simple skull symbol, hell even a word he says beforehand. stuff like this shouldn't be hidden behind the CR differential. btw, i got through it anyway and with pugs.. indeed with pickups and a high repair bill.
  11. Perdition Committed Player

indeed, everything is pretty on point. but a random one-shot shouldn't happen. not when u have a higher CR then the recommend CR of 186 if i'm correct. i'm 191 and still get one-shotted because there is no tell to it.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

If there was some kind of mechanic ya miss and the result is that attack and it 1 shots then ok cool. Or ya miss the tell sure 1 shot is ok. But what happened to the "we arent doing random 1 shots anymore"? Tbh idc anymore. Change it, leave it, doesnt matter. 1 thing gets said and something different happens. And i wanna make it clear, i dont want a nerf.
    • Like x 1
  13. Perdition Committed Player

agreed. if u miss it because of people ignoring it, fine. but now even when u step foot in it BOOM and u are dead. and can't even tell where it came from.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

It should have a tell. But once people get to 193+ i dont think its gonna kill anyone. So its not a huge deal. But it is kinda weird the suggested is 186 and there is no way anyone survives that at 189 much less 186. Id like em to add a tell. But i dont want others to get all mad saying it got nerfed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Millbarge Developer

Updates:
    • Found how the Ultimate Soldier was introducing latency into the fight in order to guarantee his victory - fix has been submitted internally.
    • Arc Arm tell incoming.
    • Removed some environment fires to help with Strafing Run not appearing.
    *note*: These changes are not yet Live. Soon™.
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 4
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Ty for adding a tell for the arc arm attack. Im guessing thats the one with the fist in the air and the lightning? If i could give a suggestion, i think u could make it a quick tell. Because people are beating it w/out it. Having about 1 second to react i think no one would take issue with that. If its a longer tell people will say "oh they nerfed it." Obviously you're the dev so do what you're gonna do. Just throwing an idea out there is all.
  17. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I'm pretty sure 186 is minimum, with a recommended 190
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The last boss fight, especially once you add the quick tell to Arc Arm and fix the latency on the linear airstikes, feels like DWF done right. It's chaotic and deadly, but you always know what killed you in this one.
  19. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

When we were in Elite, Gentleman Ghost couldn't be targeted. We had to start Ultimate Soldier and then go back into Alternate World War II to start the fight again. The same happens to US in reg. He will not be targetable.

Also, all of the bosses can be CC'd. As well as on the Gentleman Ghost fight, the adds will come through the portals before the fight begins. Another thing, the adds that spawn from the portals, are they supposed to be able to be CC'd? They're immune when they come out. I wasn't sure if this was intended or not.
  20. Maxwill Committed Player

yeah i got that also twice. also the energy field was there when noone was inside... we trying many things but we couldnt get in , we had to disband....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.