Dev Discussion Episode 28: Time-Torn Area 51

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello, all. Welcome to the official feedback thread for the open world zone of Time-Torn Area 51.

Please leave your feedback and bugs here and let me know what you like, dislike, is too hard, is too easy, any UFO sightings, etc.

Have fun and avoid those pesky aliens (j/k.. or am I?).
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So the daily to kill cybernetic soldiers is what i got and im on the highlighted area of the map for the last 10 mins or so and there isnt any. I cant find even 1 cybernetic soldier. Not sure what to do here.

Edit: well this^ mission is a weekly but i still cant find any of em.
  3. Vicious Well-Known Player

Anyone know what you have to do for this feat? I'm at 7/15 on it but I have no idea what I did to get those. Is it just killing Paradox Demons?
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

You have to kill one of the large mob groups in the area before a Cybernetic soldier mob group will spawn. I believe its actual name is "Elite Shocktrooper". Sometimes the Cybernetic soldier group will spawn quite some distance away from where you killed the fodder group.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

The Feat description is: In Time-Torn Area 51, place 15 Paradox Beacons to summon forth Paradox Reapers. You currently get that mission, called Don't Fear the Reaper, from the daily mission giver Warrant Officer Jones.

This is a scrolling text under the Feat in the Feats tab. If you don't see that there let me know as it may be some issue on different platforms. I see it on PC.
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

For this weekly mission, you go to the portal icon (1 of 3 locations around Command and Control), trigger the wave event at your leisure (they can only be triggered if you are on the stage), and then defeat the first two waves before the last wave emerges. This last wave has the Elite Shocktrooper cybernetic soldier that you defeat for credit. Each wave spawns at the portal and rushes into the base.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea ended up figuring it out. Ty for the advice tho. I 1st thought it was a daily. I was confused a bit as i was doing too much at once. But grouped up with friends and got it done.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

So i have a mission telling me to kill a paradox demon. It rewards 1 war bond. So assuming this is a daily. And i cant kill the sentry, warrior, etc by myself and ive killed some of those paradox hulk guys but no demons anywhere. So how exactly is this mission done?
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

You have to kill one of the Paradox bosses.

Think of it as a group daily. You might be able to kill one of them by yourself if you're really good. I think it will require at least 3+ teammates for most people.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Would it be possible to make it so you can interact with the Paradox Beacons if you don't have the mission? That would make it a lot easier to complete the Knocking on Death's Door feat. I think it is the only open-world feat that requires you or one of your teammates to have the relevant mission. With the change to the mission structure in War-Torn Area 51, it will be harder to pick up.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok cool thanks for the info.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

For the Feat you have to defeat one of each type of Paradox boss - FYI. But yes, the rest is correct. To complete the group daily bounty you need to defeat the actual boss, the minions will turn back to soldiers on their defeat or the defeat of the boss itself.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Thanks. Btw running round out there helping a league mate to get all 4 and we have seen 14 sentrys lol
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

RNG for the win! Each location has an equal chance to spawn 1 out of 4. :)
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Only problem I have with the mission. Last night we defeated the correct troops and got the shock troopers. They were almost dead, and the next set of npc that we killed first showed up and killed us all. Maybe fix it so if the next set can not be spawned until the wave is complete.

Also, if your in a group and die. You don't get credit if you respawn. You have to be in the area, very close actually, to get credit. This was changed back when we had similar missions in Central City. I think this needs looked at. There are so many missions to do, it felt like a chore for others to help me get one more shock trooper. I put them behind on finishing their content. Giving credit while in group should happen as long as your in the same place. That's my only gripe, besides very bad lag when you start fighting a large group of npc. Although, it seems stability is not a priority with all the posts that every instance is being affected.
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am really liking the open world content. There is a lot to do. Hope everyone is liking the new dlc like I am.
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Each wave has a random amount that can spawn from normal minions and matches to group level minions and matches. The last wave has them as well. The next wave cannot spawn until the counter is at 0 from the previous wave. The waves have the same set up as the open world encounters in Starro (they stay spawned if a player is in relevancy and low contribution threshold is selected).

That being said, this is one of the encounters/missions removed from Area 51. You can finish it if you have it but there is no getting that mission again and you can't spawn the encounter without the mission.

If it becomes available again, we will look at it closer to help add extra precautions for contribution, if possible.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Cool. Thank you.
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello!

Some of us still have the Command and Control mission, but not many people (due to hotfix) are going to battle the Cybernetic Soldier bounties for this mission as it has retired. Would it be possible to nerf these bounties so that players can solo them if they still have the mission? Otherwise the mission is just sitting in journal and getting a group for it may be difficult.
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Anyone know what happened to Knocking on death's door feat. None of the ramdom missions has it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.